Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Ballard screws up with Baker do you guys realize where that puts this franchise?  Right now he is the last yr of his rookie deal.  He will cost 20 mil.  If he has a Wentz year is anyone here ready to pay this guy close to 40 million clams the following year?  

I'm not.  Signing an avg guy for large money just destroys a team for 5 years.  That is a long time to be looking up at the rest of the division while guys like 56 and 53 age and cost us a fortune as jewelry on an ugly princess.  

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We created?    Dear God….  :facepalm:

Andrew Luck’s retirement created.    

You feel good where the Colts are? 

We have teams like the Titans who win the division and playoff games without an elite QB like Luck, because they have solid core players and a good coaching staff. 

So, you can win a division and a playoff game without one, but Ballard’s team hasn’t.  I don’t know what that tells you, but it’s pretty clear to some others here. 

I don’t know if to truly admire the Ballard apologist at this point or question their sanity.

As usual, thanks for the sad faces.

sad emoji GIF

4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm thinking they trade Baker to Seattle and get Lock in return with picks

Lock will hold the fort until Watson returns 

They have somebody better than Lock.  They have Kennum.  The Colts best play now is Winston or Mariota because both come cheap and you can move on from them quick if you catch lightning in a bottle with a rookie or a guy like Fitz or Heinke.    

I'm even open to a year of Dalton at this point.  Jus thand the ball to JT 420 times.  

2 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

They have somebody better than Lock.  They have Kennum.  The Colts best play now is Winston or Mariota because both come cheap and you can move on from them quick if you catch lightning in a bottle with a rookie or a guy like Fitz or Heinke.    

I'm even open to a year of Dalton at this point.  Jus thand the ball to JT 420 times.  

They traded Kennum and signed Jacoby.

4 minutes ago, MPStack said:

You feel good where the Colts are? 

We have teams like the Titans who win the division and playoff games without an elite QB like Luck, because they have solid core players and a good coaching staff. 

So, you can win a division and a playoff game without one, but Ballard’s team hasn’t.  I don’t know what that tells you, but it’s pretty clear to some others here. 

I don’t know if to truly admire the Ballard apologist at this point or question their sanity.

As usual, thanks for the sad faces.

sad emoji GIF

AFC south is wide open bud

14 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Uncomfortable GIF

9 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

AFC south is wide open bud

Sorry, but you're nuts.  TN is loaded on D, especially the front 7.  They still have Henry and AJ Brown.  Their weak link is the OL and Tannehill but I think the QB had his stinker last year.  

I was praying they lost Landry and when it did not happen and they made the tough choices to get rid of Jones they will be the class of the south.  

18 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

If Ballard screws up with Baker do you guys realize where that puts this franchise?  Right now he is the last yr of his rookie deal.  He will cost 20 mil.  If he has a Wentz year is anyone here ready to pay this guy close to 40 million clams the following year?  

I'm not.  Signing an avg guy for large money just destroys a team for 5 years.  That is a long time to be looking up at the rest of the division while guys like 56 and 53 age and cost us a fortune as jewelry on an ugly princess.  

We would draft in 23.

I'm not a huge fan of Mayfield, but getting him makes the most sense, IMO.

1.  His contract expires in one year.  It can be viewed as a one year rental, just like the other QBs that are available.  So if he doesn't work out, it doesn't impact the 2023 draft plans.

2. Its $18m, not much more money than any other starters money we would pay.  In fact, its probably less than Jimmy G and definitely less than Ryan.  Neither of those are QBs are less risky than Mayfield, IMO.

3. He's never had a terrible year play wise.  Not in the pros, not in college. 

4. What you think of Frank aside, Frank has improved the performance, or lowered the ints, of every QB he's coached here in Indy. If Mayfield's stats are similar to what Wentz were in 2021, they will probably be better in 2022 than Wentz' was in 2021.   No weapons, yeah, but Frank's offense is still geared to help QBs, IMO.

5.  A day two pick would be a 3rd rounder.  I don't see a huge capital outlay.  And it might solve the QB problem.

6. Since he'll already be a FA in a year, if you don't like him enough and let him walk, he'll get a decent contract and probably net us a 5th or 4th round comp pick the next year.   As I said, a one year rental, basically pushing a draft pick to the next year.  That's next to no cost other than the $18m.

7.  He wants to come here.  Does not seem to be concerned about the WR group or the oline issues.  Is ready to play through them.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Getting Mayfield makes the most sense, IMO.

1.  His contract is one year.  It can be viewed as a one year rental, just like the other QBs that are available.  So if he doesn't work out, it doesn't impact the 2023 draft plans.

2. Its $18m, not much more money than any other starters money we would pay.  In fact, its probably less than Jimmy G and definitely less than Ryan.  Neither of those are QBs are less risky than Mayfield, IMO.

3. He's never had a terrible year play wise.  Not in the pros, not in college. 

4. What you think of Frank aside, Frank has improved the performance, or lowered the ints, of every QB he's coached here in Indy. If Mayfield's stats are similar to what Wentz were in 2021, they will probably be better in 2022 than Wentz' was in 2021.   No weapons, yeah, but Frank's offense is still geared to help QBs, IMO.

5.  A day two pick would be a 3rd rounder.  I don't see a huge capital outlay.  And it might solve the QB problem.

6. Since he'll already be a FA in a year, if you don't like him enough and let him walk, he'll get a decent contract and probably a 5th or 4th round comp pick the next year.   As I said, a one year rental.

7.  He wants to come here.  Does not seem to be concerned about the WR group or the oline issues.  Is ready to deal with them.

I like Mayfield and think a change of scenery could do him good

9 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Sorry, but you're nuts.  TN is loaded on D, especially the front 7.  They still have Henry and AJ Brown.  Their weak link is the OL and Tannehill but I think the QB had his stinker last year.  

I was praying they lost Landry and when it did not happen and they made the tough choices to get rid of Jones they will be the class of the south.  

lol relax... taking it a bit far. 

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Baker Mayfield in 2020: 62.8% completion, 3,528 yards, 26 TDs, 8 INTs, 95.9 rating

Carson Wentz in 2021: 62.4% completion, 3,563 yards, 27 TDs, 7 INTs, 94.6 rating

And Baker takes the layups.  Is this really about a 3rd rd pick vs. a 4th rd pick?  It feels like it to me.

48 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Im confused…

1.) You said he is on the last year of his rookie deal. IF he had the year Wentz did, we don’t pay him $40Mil a year……

2.) If he has a bad year, you let him go and try again…. SAME thing you would be doing with any other QB that isn’t Rogers or Wilson.

Archived