Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard and Colts at Crossroads with Offseason Approaching

runthepost

13 minutes ago, runthepost said:

The title of this thread is in no way expressed in that article. All it talks about is how Irsay's patience is wearing thin with the lack of success we've seen. It then goes on to discuss that the issues Ballard identified with the roster last offseason are still the ones that need to be addressed this offseason. Nowhere in the article was it stated that Irsay is unhappy with the roster.

40 minutes ago, Shive said:

The title of this thread is in no way expressed in that article. All it talks about is how Irsay's patience is wearing thin with the lack of success we've seen. It then goes on to discuss that the issues Ballard identified with the roster last offseason are still the ones that need to be addressed this offseason. Nowhere in the article was it stated that Irsay is unhappy with the roster.

In the same vein though, if his patience is wearing thin with the lack of success, especially where his GM is concerned, then roster structure is certainly a heavily implied part of that impatience.

Lol clickbait

but in context, I think Ballard can do more.  As I said in the other thread, Ballard has done well with drafting and building the foundation but he needs to utilize other means to filling those holes.  WR and DE are glaring holes that needs to be fixed before we go trading away our future for a qb 

• Shive changed the title to Ballard and Colts at Crossroads with Offseason Approaching
1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

Lol clickbait

but in context, I think Ballard can do more.  As I said in the other thread, Ballard has done well with drafting and building the foundation but he needs to utilize other means to filling those holes.  WR and DE are glaring holes that needs to be fixed before we go trading away our future for a qb 

This is the frightening thing to me, I started a deep dig on our scouting and personnel dept. Resumes.... Barely any have ever been involved in bringing a young talented QB to a team through evaluating a draft pick and hitting.... Not a lot of skill position hits either, but especially lacking in QBs.  

CAN they identify one that has what it takes even when we have a pick for a high one? Might find out one day....

I'm gonna get heat for this, but imo the colts have been pretty irrelevant since 2014. What have the colts accomplished since going to the AFC championship game? Sure it's great to have guys like Nelson, Leonard, and Taylor, but the team doesn't win enough. I've said it before, I think we're the Vikings of the Peterson era and until Ballard and Reich can actually get this team to win atleast a division title, that's our ceiling.

40 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

This is the frightening thing to me, I started a deep dig on our scouting and personnel dept. Resumes.... Barely any have ever been involved in bringing a young talented QB to a team through evaluating a draft pick and hitting.... Not a lot of skill position hits either, but especially lacking in QBs.  

CAN they identify one that has what it takes even when we have a pick for a high one? Might find out one day....

Who are you?    And what are you talking about?!? 

These scouts are the same ones we’ve been using since 2018 and the Colts are widely recognized as one of the best scouting teams in the entire NFL. 

So much for your deep dive. 

41 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm gonna get heat for this, but imo the colts have been pretty irrelevant since 2014. What have the colts accomplished since going to the AFC championship game? Sure it's great to have guys like Nelson, Leonard, and Taylor, but the team doesn't win enough. I've said it before, I think we're the Vikings of the Peterson era and until Ballard and Reich can actually get this team to win atleast a division title, that's our ceiling.

I just wrote a long unpleasant response and then deleted it.   You asked for heat so I thought I’d bring it.   Then decided I didn’t need to get suspended over someone who has become a top-5 worrier here.  

So enjoy your worry….  

51 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm gonna get heat for this, but imo the colts have been pretty irrelevant since 2014.

Theres no reason to get heat for that.  We have one playoff win in 8 years now, no division titles, missed playoffs several times.  the record under CB is about .500

Vikings are not a bad comparison at all

56 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm gonna get heat for this, but imo the colts have been pretty irrelevant since 2014. What have the colts accomplished since going to the AFC championship game? Sure it's great to have guys like Nelson, Leonard, and Taylor, but the team doesn't win enough. I've said it before, I think we're the Vikings of the Peterson era and until Ballard and Reich can actually get this team to win atleast a division title, that's our ceiling

....and lacking in about a half dozen premium positions things aren't exactly looking great at changing soon.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

We're talking two 8-8 and 9-8 seasons. Not exactly too far off.

Agreed. I'd rather those be 4 win seasons. At least then we could of drafted our QB of the future. We are stuck in QB purgatory and true mediocrity without a 1st round pick and no direction.

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I just wrote a long unpleasant response and then deleted it.   You asked for heat so I thought I’d bring it.   Then decided I didn’t need to get suspended over someone who has become a top-5 worrier here.  

So enjoy your worry….  

I was actually getting prepared for your response haha. Worrier? Perhaps I'm jumping the gun, but I'm still hurt from what happened and I'm honestly tired of being optimistic at this point.

38 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

No heat, because it's too far off base. 2 losing seasons in 7 years is so far from being irrelevant, it's absurd.

Carry on. 

Three winning seasons in the last seven, you have the lowest standard ive seen for "relevance" in the league.

1 hour ago, Jackie Daytona said:

How many have been successful 

18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I was actually getting prepared for your response haha. Worrier? Perhaps I'm jumping the gun, but I'm still hurt from what happened and I'm honestly tired of being optimistic at this point.

Good lord dude.    You are on the Peyton was overrated train.    Most stopped thinking your opinions were relevant then

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Email Andrew Luck and tell him you're disappointed in him.   

25 minutes ago, CR91 said:

We're talking two 8-8 and 9-8 seasons. Not exactly too far off.

That guy is the biggest homer ive seen on this board.  3 winning seasons in 7 years is good to them.  one playoff win in that time

they get mad when anyone talks about the lack of success on this message board too

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It's tough when you can't draft in the top 5.

Unfortunately like I said in another thread we're not bad enough to be in the top 5 and we're not good enough to contend for a title so we're basically in no man's land especially with where we are currently at QB.

5 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

For you, perhaps. Some fans don't base their fan happiness on titles. I've enjoyed each and every year. 

I'm glad you're happy. Unfortunately team success I hold at higher regard.

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

For you, perhaps. Some fans don't base their fan happiness on titles. I've enjoyed each and every year. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The Above  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I’m confident when I say THIS will be my favorite post of the day!!    

Many, many thanks!    

:colts:             :lombardi:            :colts:

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Unfortunately like I said in another thread we're not bad enough to be in the top 5 and we're not good enough to contend for a title so we're basically in no man's land especially with where we are currently at QB.

I'm glad you're happy. Unfortunately team success I hold at higher regard.

So if the team doesn't win a superbowl,   you think the season was a failure and your Fandom was wasted?

Just now, jvan1973 said:

So if the team doesn't win a superbowl,   you think the season was a failure and your Fandom was wasted?

No. But after years and years of similar results, you start to get impatient especially when you hear things like multiple championships and possible dynasty.

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The Above  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I’m confident when I say THIS will be my favorite post of the day!!    

Many, many thanks!    

:colts:             :lombardi:            :colts:

I don't think wanting better of my team makes me a bad fan. I love the colts and I'm gonna be a fan my entire life.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

No. But after years and years of similar results, you start to get impatient especially when you hear things like multiple championships and possible dynasty.

If hearing multiple championships and possible dynasty pulled you in.  That's your fault.   That was an owner trying to sell tickets.   I'm assuming you're an adult. You can see what's actually happening.  Just because the owner says that's what he wants , doesn't mean that's on the horizon.   Every owner wants that. Grow up

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

If hearing multiple championships and possible dynasty pulled you in.  That's your fault.   That was an owner trying to sell tickets.   I'm assuming you're an adult. You can see what's actually happening.  Just because the owner says that's what he wants , doesn't mean that's on the horizon.   Every owner wants that. Grow up

It's about expectations and what you deem your team is capable of especially when you feel they have the type of talent to compete. To fall short of that is not about being naive.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Who are you?    And what are you talking about?!? 

These scouts are the same ones we’ve been using since 2018 and the Colts are widely recognized as one of the best scouting teams in the entire NFL. 

So much for your deep dive. 

41 and  40. Enuff said

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I don't think wanting better of my team makes me a bad fan. I love the colts and I'm gonna be a fan my entire life.

And of course, I never called you a bad fan, or that you’d stop being a fan.   But I strongly believe you’ll mostly be an unhappy fan, because there will never be enough success to satisfy you.  

You haven’t learned to enjoy the journey.   It’s all about the destination for you.   If you can’t learn to enjoy the ride you’ll never be happy enough. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

And of course, I never called you a bad fan, or that you’d stop being a fan.   But I strongly believe you’ll mostly be an unhappy fan, because there will never be enough success to satisfy you.  

You haven’t learned to enjoy the journey.   It’s all about the destination for you.   If you can’t learn to enjoy the ride you’ll never be happy enough. 

Haha

You sound like my wife. I'm all about the destination, but I get your point.

Archived