Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2022 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

Yep it is over. Brewers win with a freakin walkoff. Beth went nuts when the Brewers had their walk off (she should be a Brewers announcers). Big D seems depressed like I am. The final, 5-2 Brewers, Home of the 2016 World Champions Cubs network.

Bring Len back or have Big D do the games by himself (I would do the games by myself) and getting rid of Bryant and Baez sucks a big bag of eggs. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until the Brewers win a WS, come and talk to me BrewCrew Fan. We won in 2016 and by every measure are a Top 10 team of all-time according to MLB.com, ESPN.com. Brewers have been a franchise since 1969 and have a big fat 0 WS wins. 2016 Cubs rule with Jake, Hendricks, Lester, Chap, MVP, Rizzo, Baez. I think my 2016 Cubs would kick anyone's buttThe Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This lady announcer for the Cubs sucks = Beth Mowins - she is awful. She seems to love the other team, she was like that last year too. She gets way too excited when the Cubs fail. Cubs had bases loaded against the Brewers in the 10th at 2-2 and failed to score. I smell a loss now. Hey we had a chance to get back in 3rd place today. I miss Len Kasper. When it was Len and Big D that was like having @hozer and I here from 2015-2020. 

I know, sad brother, that was our time. We ruled then :thmup: @HOZERregarding Len and Big D.

The Cardinals have been sticking it up as of late.   3-7 in their last 10 games and they find themselves a game out of the last WC spot.   Big game tonight against the Phillies who have the last WC spot.   

Cards need Molina back among many other injured players.   

Cardinals have the 3rd WC spot again (1 game up on the Phillies).  They beat the Dodgers last night.   I'm hopeful but not confident.  2 more games with the Dodgers this week worries me.   I don't think the team can pull out the heroics from last night 2 more times.   The Dodgers are a stacked team.  

All star break.    The Cardinals are a half game back of the Brewers.  The Reds are a half game back of the Cubs.  

All the teams in the Central Division are near the bottom in strength of schedule.

Cubs and Reds play 12 times in the next half of the season. 

Cards and Reds play 11 times.

Cards sand Cubs play 11 times.

2 best teams as of now are the 66-31 Yankees and the 64-30 Dodgers. That would be a great WS to watch. Cubs are currently 1.5 out of 3rd place now in the NL Central and least not last in the division at 38-57. The Reds and Pirates are just as bad lmao . Really a rough season and nearly unwatchable for me so I haven't been commenting much in here. Knowing your team is out of it before August sucks. Cubs have won 4 in a row and I do still watch a little but the games don't mean much when your team has no chance of making the playoffs. 

It all ended last year at the end of July when we traded MVP and Baez, guys a team should build around. Our run with the same core was basically from the start of the 2015 season through July 31st, 2021 - the end. Great run with a WS win in 2016, and 3 straight NLCS = 2015 where it started with growing pains/2016/2017. 3 Division Titles = 2016, 2017, 2020. Cubs threw a no hitter against the Dodgers in July of 2021 (last season) then they break their team up shortly after. I still don't get it and never will! At least we ended that horrid drought of 108 seasons without winning a WS in 2016. Something nobody can ever take away from me.

Chicago Cubs Hello GIF by MLB- See ya MVP.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It all ended last year at the end of July when we traded MVP and Baez, guys a team should build around. Our run with the same core was basically from the start of the 2015 season through July 31st, 2021 - the end. Great run with a WS win in 2016, and 3 straight NLCS = 2015 where it started with growing pains/2016/2017. 3 Division Titles = 2016, 2017, 2020. Cubs threw a no hitter against the Dodgers in July of 2021 (last season) then they break their team up shortly after. I still don't get it and never will! At least we ended that horrid drought of 108 seasons without winning a WS in 2016. Something nobody can ever take away from me.

Chicago Cubs Hello GIF by MLB- See ya MVP.

Have you seen how bad they have been this year? The reality is, KB injuries have continued to hit him and Baez hasn't been connecting like he needs to. Even with them, we would be just as bad. 

Positives have been some of the young guys, like Nico, Morel, Seiya, 

Willy will be a hard day though when they trade him

I am not sure if you guys know but 6 teams in each league now make the playoffs, not just 5. Currently the playoff teams in the NL would be as of July 29th:

#1 seed = Dodgers - Division leader in the West

#2 seed = Mets - Division leader in the East

#3 seed = Brewers - Division leader in the Central

#4 seed = Braves (1st Wildcard)

#5 seed = Padres (2nd Wildcard)

#6 seed = Phillies and Cards tied at 52-47 - a battle for the 3rd Wildcard.

@Myles, Cards are going to have a lot of important games in August and September!

As of now the Cubs are in 3rd place in the NL Central at 40-58. Bad record but 3rd in a rebuilding year is respectable. We are at least better than Reds and Pirates. I had us at around 70-72 wins before season so I am right on cue. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure if you guys know but 6 teams in each league now make the playoffs, not just 5. Currently the playoff teams in the NL would be as of July 29th:

#1 seed = Dodgers - Division leader in the West

#2 seed = Mets - Division leader in the East

#3 seed = Brewers - Division leader in the Central

#4 seed = Braves (1st Wildcard)

#5 seed = Padres (2nd Wildcard)

#6 seed = Phillies and Cards tied at 52-47 - a battle for the 3rd Wildcard.

@Myles, Cards are going to have a lot of important games in August and September!

As of now the Cubs are in 3rd place in the NL Central at 40-58. Bad record but 3rd in a rebuilding year is respectable. We are at least better than Reds and Pirates. I had us at around 70-72 wins before season so I am right on cue. 

Yep, the Cardinals have some work to do.  It's going to be an exciting second half.   The Cardinals and Phillies each are near the bottom in toughest schedules so it looks like it will be a tough battle for that last wild card spot.  The Cards are 3 back of the Brewers for the division lead, so that is still a possibility.   The Cubs, Pirates and Reds are all within 2 games of each other so we will see how the Central order ends up.

6 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Castillo is gone from the Reds. 

Good trade for the Reds.  They got 4 minor leaguers with 2 of them very good.   The 2 shortstops can be in the big leagues this year if they want. 

They're getting a haul from Seattle in this trade, with Marte and Arroyo ranked among the team's top 10 prospects ahead of the season by ESPN's McDaniel.

Noelvi Marte, 20, has spent the year for High-A Everett, hitting .275 with 15 home runs and a team-best 62 runs scored and 55 RBIs to go along with 13 steals entering Friday.

Edwin Arroyo. The 18-year-old has spent the season at Single-A Modesto, hitting .316 with 76 runs, 67 RBIs, 13 home runs and 21 steals.

I assume one of these guys may end up switching positions, but they don't need to rush anything.  I could see them bringing Marte up for a bit this season just to give him a taste.  Tat way the coaches know what they need to help him with.

I don't know much about the 2 pitchers but I doubt there are high expectations for them.

Stoudt, a 24-year-old right-hander and a third-round draft pick in 2019, is 6-6 with a 5.28 ERA in 18 starts for Double-A Arkansas this season.

And Moore, 22, has a 1.95 ERA in 25 relief appearances at Modesto this season.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Good trade for the Reds.  They got 4 minor leaguers with 2 of them very good.   The 2 shortstops can be in the big leagues this year if they want. 

They're getting a haul from Seattle in this trade, with Marte and Arroyo ranked among the team's top 10 prospects ahead of the season by ESPN's McDaniel.

Noelvi Marte, 20, has spent the year for High-A Everett, hitting .275 with 15 home runs and a team-best 62 runs scored and 55 RBIs to go along with 13 steals entering Friday.

Edwin Arroyo. The 18-year-old has spent the season at Single-A Modesto, hitting .316 with 76 runs, 67 RBIs, 13 home runs and 21 steals.

I assume one of these guys may end up switching positions, but they don't need to rush anything.  I could see them bringing Marte up for a bit this season just to give him a taste.  Tat way the coaches know what they need to help him with.

I don't know much about the 2 pitchers but I doubt there are high expectations for them.

Stoudt, a 24-year-old right-hander and a third-round draft pick in 2019, is 6-6 with a 5.28 ERA in 18 starts for Double-A Arkansas this season.

And Moore, 22, has a 1.95 ERA in 25 relief appearances at Modesto this season.

Yeah it was a good trade. I just hope all these prospects work out in the future. The phrase, building for the future is kinda getting old when we never seem to enjoy the future.

47 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah it was a good trade. I just hope all these prospects work out in the future. The phrase, building for the future is kinda getting old when we never seem to enjoy the future.

I get that.  If you are never making the playoffs it is hard to think that the team is capable of building for the future.  When they have been doing it for so long.   With Cincy's farm system ranked in the mid to late teens by most, an injection of talent was needed.  I just got the minor league ranking off a few websites after Googling a few things.  The should go up to around 10 or so after this trade.    

Through 100 games, the NL Central Standings look like this:

1. Brewers 56-44

2. Cards 53-47 (3 back)

3. Cubs 41-58 (14.5 back)

4. Pirates 40-60 (16 back)

5. Reds 38-61 (17.5 back)

- A 2 team race for the division headed into August. Reds traded Castillo but got several good prospects in return. I just don't see the Cubs, Pirates, or Reds being any good for years to come by what I have been watching this year and reading. I can't even remember the last time the Pirates were good, I guess 2015 they were but Jake Arrieta eliminated them in the Wildcard game. Reds haven't won a WS since 1990, Cubs won a WS in 2016 but that has been over 5 years ago - at least recent history though.

The 2 best teams in the NL are clearly the Mets and Dodgers, look out for the Braves though because they are the Champs and have a great team. They may repeat as WS Champs or win the NL again. I have no faith in the Phillies - they are pretenders. I think the Cards will get that last WildCard spot, Padres are MEH, they will be out quickly in the playoffs. Once the Brewers face a team that is loaded like the Dodgers or Mets in the playoffs it will be curtains. Josh Hader has been stinking it up lately. There best chance to win the NL or WS was back in 2018. Reason why they are 1st now in the NL Central is because the division is flat out weak compared to years past.

Scratching my head at why the Cardinals traded Sosa to the Phillies for a pitcher with a career 7.89 ERA in the majors.  

The Cards and Phillies are tied for the last wild card spot.  Sosa is not good at the plate but he is super fast and a great defender.   Pretty much a great utility player for late inning usage.   The Phillies must have wanted him more than the Cardinals wanted JoJo Romero.   Seems an odd trade to make.  

Trades so far today. Bigger names being spoken on:

Cubs send Scott Effross to Yankees for a pitching Prospect (7th ranked in Yankee system) 

Brewers send Josh Hader to Padres for Rogers, Lamet and 2 prospects (back side of top 10 in deep system)

Orioles send Trey Mancini to the Astros, as part of a 3 team trade (Rays included)

Athletics send Frankie Montas and Lou Trivino to the Yankees for four Prospects

Padres also sign Joe Musgrove for 5yrs 100M

The Cardinals didn't do much to improve their team.   On the positive note, they didn't give up good minor league players and should be at least decent next season.   They could be a contender this season if...............................

Jack Flaherty gets healthy and does well.

Yodier Molina gets healthy

Harrison Bader and Juan Yepez get healthy and are productive.

It'd be nice to get Matz back as well but I think he will have surgery and be done for the year.  

55 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Thor to the Phillies from Angels

:thmdown: The Phillies have 2 former Mets pitchers now. 

Any trade news involving the Mets? I have not followed football or baseball much this year, even with the Mets doing pretty well. 

6 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Givens traded to you guys. Ruf traded to you

I have no idea who those are but I am disappointed that we traded JD Davis.

Who is Vogelbach?? I thought he was the hefty guy who was the left fielder for the Cubs a few years ago. (Schwarber?)

Jake is looking good! 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I have no idea who those are but I am disappointed that we traded JD Davis.

Who is Vogelbach?? I thought he was the hefty guy who was the left fielder for the Cubs a few years ago. (Schwarber?)

Jake is looking good! 

Givens, RHP from Cubs, he has been hot since June

Ruf, Giants, guy hits lefties well, platoon with Vogelbach. And yes Schwarber was our LF. Vogelbach was actually second round pick by cubs after Javy. He was traded to Mariners, and has bounced around since as he is a DH only back.

JD Davis, has not hit at all this year, and main reason you guys looked to upgrade

3 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

JD Davis, has not hit at all this year, and main reason you guys looked to upgrade

Shows you that I have not been following much, but I like continuity. I don't like all these new names on the team. The one 2022 signing that I have loved is Scherzer. I don't like signing high-priced players but he has been great from the beginning. He is a leader and stabilizing player. I'm a big fan of his.

Cardinals made several small trades bringing in some pitching.  Nothing major except maybe Jordan Montgomery from the Yankees.   He's pretty decent.  They gave up Harrison Bader which is a bit of a bummer.  He is one of the best, if not the best CF in the game.  Gold Glove last season and is 1st in fielding % this season.  But the Cards did improve their pitching staff.  

I have to be honest, I've been watching and listening to baseball since 1980 and wouldn't be able to name him if I heard Vin Scully now.   But I have never paid much attention to the announcers.  

From all I have heard and read, Vin was one of the best so it is sad to see him go.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Cardinals made several small trades bringing in some pitching.  Nothing major except maybe Jordan Montgomery from the Yankees.   He's pretty decent.  They gave up Harrison Bader which is a bit of a bummer.  He is one of the best, if not the best CF in the game.  Gold Glove last season and is 1st in fielding % this season.  But the Cards did improve their pitching staff.  

I have to be honest, I've been watching and listening to baseball since 1980 and wouldn't be able to name him if I heard Vin Scully now.   But I have never paid much attention to the announcers.  

From all I have heard and read, Vin was one of the best so it is sad to see him go.

Vin Scully was the lead announcer on TV for 3 WS during the 80's = 1984, 86, and 88. He also was the lead announcer on TV for 4 NLCS series = 1983, 1985, 1987, and 1989. Cards were in 2 of them = 1985 and 1987. How on God's green earth do you not who he is?? Only way someone would not know him well is if they didn't watch baseball during the 80's at all.

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vin Scully was the lead announcer on TV for 3 WS during the 80's = 1984, 86, and 88. He also was the lead announcer on TV for 4 NLCS series = 1983, 1985, 1987, and 1989. Cards were in 2 of them = 1985 and 1987. How on God's green earth do you not who he is?? Only way someone would not know him well is if they didn't watch baseball during the 80's at all.

I watched the Cardinals beat the Cubs last night and could not tell you who the announcers were.   I really don't pay much attention to them.  I never have.  I know many who love or hate certain announcers but I never feel so much as others do.  Did Vin have a catch phrase?   That is sometimes how I might remember an announcer - Slick Leonard - Boom Baby!  

I couldn't tell you who asnnounced:

Last years World Series

The last Super Bowl

I watch and listened to around 35 Cardinals games this season and could not tell you who the announcers are.   I guess I don't really care.

Archived