Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Appreciation Thread

chickenMan

This thread is something I'm thrilled to start. My dad is from Cincinnati, and for years I grew up watching him miserable over his poor football team, the Bengals. Now, the underdogs are finally headed back to the AFC Championship, and they knocked off the hated Titans to do it. Thank you Cincy for doing what the Colts could not do this year, and for finally making my old man proud!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, chickenMan said:

This thread is something I'm thrilled to start. My dad is from Cincinnati, and for years I grew up watching him miserable over his poor football team, the Bengals. Now, the underdogs are finally headed back to the AFC Championship, and they knocked off the hated Titans to do it. Thank you Cincy for doing what the Colts could not do this year, and for finally making my old man proud!

Are we from the same family? Lol… 

I’ve lived in southeastern Indiana my entire life, so it’s naturally Bengals country, especially for the older folks of the community. I was two years old the last time the Bengals were good. My dad has been a fan his entire life, so it was awesome to share this experience with him (virtually of course). 

I’ve said it before, I’ll always bleed blue first and foremost, but I can’t help but be excited for Cincinnati’s future. Burrow is a great kid. Lots of heart and he’s a hometown guy (grew up just an hour away from the city). If anyone can finally bring a championship to the city, he’s the one to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hoped for a Titans win, so that KC, if it survived the Bills, would have to play in Nashville.

Now the Bengals need a miracle, almost like the Jets over the Colts in 1970.

It could help if we could replace Mahomes with Earl Morral next Sunday.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:53 AM, RollerColt said:

Are we from the same family? Lol… 

I’ve lived in southeastern Indiana my entire life, so it’s naturally Bengals country, especially for the older folks of the community. I was two years old the last time the Bengals were good. My dad has been a fan his entire life, so it was awesome to share this experience with him (virtually of course). 

I’ve said it before, I’ll always bleed blue first and foremost, but I can’t help but be excited for Cincinnati’s future. Burrow is a great kid. Lots of heart and he’s a hometown guy (grew up just an hour away from the city). If anyone can finally bring a championship to the city, he’s the one to do it. 

Lol maybe. I am always a Colts fan first and foremost growing up in Indiana, but my dad grew up in Cincy and got me hooked on the Bengals as a kid too, and they were always my other favorite. So happy to see them doing well, especially for my dad.

• Like 1

Yes. We live 45 miles from Paul Brown stadium and many of my family members have been long suffering devoted Bengals Fans. 

They are all so excited and it's great to see them enjoying this. 

So I will definitely root for them. 

I do expect KC to win, but you never know. 

Go Bengals!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gramz said:

Yes. We live 45 miles from Paul Brown stadium and many of my family members have been long suffering devoted Bengals Fans. 

They are all so excited and it's great to see them enjoying this. 

So I will definitely root for them. 

I do expect KC to win, but you never know. 

Go Bengals!

Making the Final 4 is gigantic, Cincy is way ahead of schedule.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 11:17 AM, Gramz said:

FB_IMG_1643472996194.jpg

I’m sure the Bengals would get the Lions share for the SB too.

Like others have said, I do doubt if Stafford gets another chance because the Bengals haven’t mortgaged the future as much as the Rams. We’ll see.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I’m sure the Bengals would get the Lions share for the SB too.

Like others have said, I do doubt if Stafford gets another chance because the Bengals haven’t mortgaged the future as much as the Rams. We’ll see.

It’s almost as if the Rams were assembling a… 

Dream Team.

tee hee GIF

• Like 1

Bengals have shown that once you are in the playoffs, anything can happen. That is why the Colts, if they had played like mid-season form consistently, and got into the playoffs, they could have played with anyone, IMO. Unfortunately the consistency was lacking, starting with the most important position. 

• Like 1