Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoffs

sb41champs

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

Jonathan Taylor has been having a phenomenal season. Props to him....

but....

The King is back. And he does not share power. See you guys in the playoffs. :)

I like your Lord of the Rings reference there! Good to see him back. If we are to beat you guys in the playoffs (won't be easy) I'm okay with your team at full strength. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Sevenfeet said:

Jonathan Taylor has been having a phenomenal season. Props to him....

but....

The King is back. And he does not share power. See you guys in the playoffs. :)

Well done. 3 weeks away right?  Hope he gets to play in the playoffs.  I love watching him play.  

Just now, Fluke_33 said:

Well done. 3 weeks away right?  Hope he gets to play in the playoffs.  I love watching him play.  

The whisper is Nashville is that he would be returning to practice this week and that has happened. And he looked good today. Now the speculation is, "If the medical staff clears him for the Texans game, would you play him?" The argument for playing him is to get maybe half a dozen reps in to shake off the rust of not playing for a long time. The argument against is that we don't need him to beat the Texans and to keep him on the shelf until the playoff bye week. Either way has merit....but no one knows how the team will go. Vrabel historically doesn't like pushing people back too quickly so I'm betting he won't play until the playoffs, which will give him two more weeks to heal and get better.

18 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

The whisper is Nashville is that he would be returning to practice this week and that has happened. And he looked good today. Now the speculation is, "If the medical staff clears him for the Texans game, would you play him?" The argument for playing him is to get maybe half a dozen reps in to shake off the rust of not playing for a long time. The argument against is that we don't need him to beat the Texans and to keep him on the shelf until the playoff bye week. Either way has merit....but no one knows how the team will go. Vrabel historically doesn't like pushing people back too quickly so I'm betting he won't play until the playoffs, which will give him two more weeks to heal and get better.

I say with a RB you let him sit until playoffs. Would be different if it was a WR.

12 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I say with a RB you let him sit until playoffs. Would be different if it was a WR.

I would say let him get hit. Sometimes, an RB relishes hitting and gets used to the hitting and gives him a good handle of game time hits and holding on to the ball. His teammates hitting him will not be the same as an opponent hitting him. If a fumble or two happens at an inopportune moment if he is brought back after not having any physical contact of being hit hard, that is all that it might take in an important playoff game against playoff opponents, IMO. At least that is my take on it.

Raiders are doing all they can and don't care about anything else.

Raiders head coach Rich Bisaccia said CB Nate Hobbs will play in Week 18 against the Chargers. 

Hobbs was popped for a DUI on Monday, putting his Week 18 status in question. His drinking-and-driving arrest comes two months after former Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs drove under the influence and crashed his vehicle, resulting in the death of a 23-year-old woman. Bisaccia declined to elaborate on why the team would not discipline Hobbs, a rookie who has acquitted himself well as Vegas' slot corner. Hobbs will match up primarily with Keenan Allen on Sunday Night Football. 

Source: The Athletic

Jan 7, 2022, 10:07 AM ET

So, yeah. Get popped for a DUI 2 months after Ruggs killed a woman drunk driving, but no punishment.

Obviously, they don't give a damn.

12 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Raiders head coach Rich Bisaccia said CB Nate Hobbs will play in Week 18 against the Chargers. 

Hobbs was popped for a DUI on Monday, putting his Week 18 status in question. His drinking-and-driving arrest comes two months after former Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs drove under the influence and crashed his vehicle, resulting in the death of a 23-year-old woman. Bisaccia declined to elaborate on why the team would not discipline Hobbs, a rookie who has acquitted himself well as Vegas' slot corner. Hobbs will match up primarily with Keenan Allen on Sunday Night Football. 

So, yeah. Get popped for a DUI 2 months after Ruggs killed a woman drunk driving, but no punishment.

Apparently there is much more to this story and it might not be what it seems. 

On 1/6/2022 at 7:28 AM, runthepost said:

You play Henry, get the bye week then he can be rested but not rusty

Or

You let him keep ramping up, win Sunday, and he has another almost 3 weeks for the bone to knit around the hardware (which typically takes a bit longer than a stress Fx to fully heal).

Vrabrel has been noted to be extra cautious returning injured players in general.

If he does play it will probably be like a finial preseason game.  One series and done.

Now that I've said that watch them run him 25-30 times  LOL

15 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

This might sound crazy but I am excited to see how we play against a KC or Bengals. Even if we lose. I want to see how we stack up against them. I am however getting very nervous about Sunday.

I'm a bit nervous, too.

Has the potential to be a crazy let down game.

Who knows how the Jags players are viewing the game

2 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

It’s da Raidahs…

Just for the fun of it I was looking at extended forecasts for KC, Cinci, and Buffalo. So far it looks like all 3 are expected to have pretty warm weather for this time of year. Anywhere from high 30’s to low 40’s. I was kind of hoping weather would play a little factor to help slow them down. We will see if anything changes by next weekend. 

I think they are doing a Monday night playoff game this year. I hope we don’t get that. That isn’t fair to give a playoff team a short week.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Just for the fun of it I was looking at extended forecasts for KC, Cinci, and Buffalo. So far it looks like all 3 are expected to have pretty warm weather for this time of year. Anywhere from high 30’s to low 40’s. I was kind of hoping weather would play a little factor to help slow them down. We will see if anything changes by next weekend. 

I think they are doing a Monday night playoff game this year. I hope we don’t get that. That isn’t fair to give a playoff team a short week.

The weather in Western NY can change in a heartbeat. Right now, Buffalo is buried under over 18" of snow.

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

The weather in Western NY can change in a heartbeat. Right now, Buffalo is buried under over 18" of snow.

I made a mistake. Buffalo right now is 27 degrees. KC is actually low 40’s. Cinci high 30’s. So far nothing to indicate anything that could help the colts. But like you said forecasts can change quickly and that’s over a week away.

20 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I made a mistake. Buffalo right now is 27 degrees. KC is actually low 40’s. Cinci high 30’s. So far nothing to indicate anything that could help the colts. But like you said forecasts can change quickly and that’s over a week away.

I live near Rochester NY ...Bills country..ugh

I prefer facing the Bills over the Bengals. After watching the Bills-Falcons that made me favor the Bills even more. Allen made 3 awful picks and luckily for them they were facing a bad Falcons team. Do that against a AFC playoff team and you ain't winning. I also think there one dimensional. Yes Singletary had a good game but again vs a bad Falcons team. Lastly they have a small DL that's a bad matchup for our strong OL. To sum it up Bengals have better weapons and more reliable run game over the Bills.

42 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I prefer facing the Bills over the Bengals. After watching the Bills-Falcons that made me favor the Bills even more. Allen made 3 awful picks and luckily for them they were facing a bad Falcons team. Do that against a AFC playoff team and you ain't winning. I also think there one dimensional. Yes Singletary had a good game but again vs a bad Falcons team. Lastly they have a small DL that's a bad matchup for our strong OL. To sum it up Bengals have better weapons and more reliable run game over the Bills.

Bills can be made one dimensional. Bengals have a good running game which makes the passing game more dangerous.

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Bills can be made one dimensional. Bengals have a good running game which makes the passing game more dangerous.

Bills can run it well, they just choose not to. Singletary actually has a better YPA than Mixon, and has almost as many big plays as Mixon in about half the carries. And Buffalo has the added dimension of Allen running it, which you don't have to really worry about Burrow in that aspect. 

Anyway, both QBs can give our DBs fits. 
I think I'd rather play Cinci's D, than Buf's. 

If Colts make playoffs what are the chances colts get a prime time game? There are 3 this year. Sat, Sun , Monday night. They have played very well in prime time. Having taylor I think gives them a good chance.

Colts Bills would be a great prime time matchup 

Colts KC would have a good chance 

Colts Bengals I feel doesnt have quite as big of chance to be a prime time game.

If for some weird reason it’s the Titans probably not.

2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

It helps when 2 of your 3 biggest offensive players are out

They should be concerned  about that run/pass D. Broncos had their way against them and would’ve won if they didn’t fumble it way for a TD. Tbh I’m taking the AFC field over the Chiefs this playoffs

14 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

They should be concerned  about that run/pass D. Broncos had their way against them and would’ve won if they didn’t fumble it way for a TD. Tbh I’m taking the AFC field over the Chiefs this playoffs

I don’t see anyone taking the chiefs out. Baltimore is the best built team to compete with the Chiefs in the AFC. 

Archived