Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoffs

sb41champs

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

BUT we have never faced them with Jax holding the potential #1 pick, I know NFL hates to hear the T word BUT no way Jax going to give away the #1 pick...they lost by 40 today and hav lost 8 in a row...they want Aiden Huthcinson and for good reason.... 

I know you know boxing as a trainer and we failed today in your eyes and in everyone's eye's. It is just just 1 game though, not everyone can be Mike Tyson and go 37-0 with 33 KO's. Crap happens. We knocked out those Pats :thmup:

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

BUT we have never faced them with Jax holding the potential #1 pick, I know NFL hates to hear the T word BUT no way Jax going to give away the #1 pick...they lost by 40 today and hav lost 8 in a row...they want Aiden Huthcinson and for good reason.... 

I was going to say depending on when the Lions play they might have it locked up by when the Colts play the Jags.  Then I saw the Lions play the Packers next week lol.

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Hopefully you're right, but we were the Jags only win 2020.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know you know boxing as a trainer and we failed today in your eyes and in everyone's eye's. It is just just 1 game though, not everyone can be Mike Tyson and go 37-0 with 33 KO's. Crap happens. We knocked out those Pats :thmup:

We lost the battle BUT luckily we can win the war.....

48 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

When tiu see a team like the Bengals and all their weapons ballard is going to have to do a major overhaul of this WR group id we wxnt to be competitive in the future with all this fire power.

You have to have a few losing seasons to draft that talent. We are stuck in a pattern of middling play, trading out 1’s, and about 50-50 success rate on our middle picks.

Hell the Jags will have a huge haul this offseason. It's not unlikely their roster talent increases greatly

7 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

You have to have a few losing seasons to draft that talent.

That was my point. The Bengals drafted all those guys and it is because they were pretty bad. They did get Boyd in the second or third round when they were a middling team under Marvin Lewis. 

I can tell you for sure we won’t put a beat down on the jags like the Pats did today that is for sure. Great teams should obliterate bad teams, but division games are almost always tough.

so many people here say that they want to face the titans in the playoffs, I for one don’t see us winning that battle. Any team…any day, but our team is capable but we’ve got a few too many loose ends (WR, TE, CB) to really think about going through all the top teams back to back to back to back…

8 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

You have to have a few losing seasons to draft that talent. We are stuck in a pattern of middling play, trading out 1’s, and about 50-50 success rate on our middle picks.

Hell the Jags will have a huge haul this offseason. It's not unlikely their roster talent increases greatly

This is why Ballard has to start using free agency now. If he doesn’t we will be having these same issues next season.

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That was my point. The Bengals drafted all those guys and it is because they were pretty bad. They did get Boyd in the second or third round when they were a middling team under Marvin Lewis. 

They were all 2nd or 3rd rounders except Chase I believe. 

8 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I can tell you for sure we won’t put a beat down on the jags like the Pats did today that is for sure. Great teams should obliterate bad teams, but division games are almost always tough.

so many people here say that they want to face the titans in the playoffs, I for one don’t see us winning that battle. Any team…any day, but our team is capable but we’ve got a few too many loose ends (WR, TE, CB) to really think about going through all the top teams back to back to back to back…

All depends on how hard the Jags are trying to win next week, a loss gives them the top overall pick.  With that said, I don’t normally buy the tanking argument in the NFL because players and coaches get fired when you are bad so there isn’t that much incentive for them to tank.  With that said, if the Colts can get off to a fast start you could see the Jags grow disinterested in the final game of the season and be ready for the off-season to start.  Bad teams normally do that if they get down two scores or more in the last game of the season. 

8 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Would probably be our most talented offensive player not named Taylorlmao 

He would be the biggest headache for the team. Talent is not all that is important. (I know that is not what you were saying, I think.)

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

His talent has never been the issue.  If it was just about that he wouldn’t be available right now.  It’s the stuff we saw today.

True and it’s all fallen down since that hit he took. Also shout out to Mike Tomlin for holding a locker room of Ben, Bell, Brown, JuJu and Claypool without many incidents 

I would take the ball to start against Jax, if you can.  You don't want a repeat of today where you go down 7-10 and everything turns negative in an elimination game.  

Bubba got plenty of pub on Hard Knocks, but he needs to get things buttoned up for next week.  It's now two weeks in a row with two long returns.  That 3 off the punt return was the difference in the game.

11 minutes ago, runthepost said:

True and it’s all fallen down since that hit he took. Also shout out to Mike Tomlin for holding a locker room of Ben, Bell, Brown, JuJu and Claypool without many incidents 

They have had some characters in Pitt. One of the worst was Joey Porter. But Tomlin was able to keep the team together. I don't think he makes it past this year though.

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

They have had some characters in Pitt. One of the worst was Joey Porter. But Tomlin was able to keep the team together. I don't think he makes it past this year though.

If Flus leaves I wouldn’t mind bringing him to Indy as a DC but he’ll probably be in Chicago or Minneapolis 

28 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

All depends on how hard the Jags are trying to win next week, a loss gives them the top overall pick.  With that said, I don’t normally buy the tanking argument in the NFL because players and coaches get fired when you are bad so there isn’t that much incentive for them to tank.  With that said, if the Colts can get off to a fast start you could see the Jags grow disinterested in the final game of the season and be ready for the off-season to start.  Bad teams normally do that if they get down two scores or more in the last game of the season. 

Except. Their coaches are not going to to be with Jacksonville next year anyhow.

12 minutes ago, runthepost said:

If Flus leaves I wouldn’t mind bringing him to Indy as a DC but he’ll probably be in Chicago or Minneapolis 

I don't want another defensive-minded coach. We have had defensive-minded head coaches for 10 years (Zimmer and Leslie Frazier).  I don't know who I want though. 

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Raiders/Chargers late game, if we lose vs Jags then raiders win likely puts us in as long as Clev beats Pitt tonite.   Would take a combo of Pats beating Phins AND Bengals beating Browns AND Ravens beating Pitt ( about 25% chance).

It’s Bens last home game so my guess it Steelers win. Browns have been eliminated so how do they play? Would be nice though if Steelers got eliminated. We would then only have to worry about ravens Sunday.

39 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s Bens last home game so my guess it Steelers win. Browns have been eliminated so how do they play? Would be nice though if Steelers got eliminated. We would then only have to worry about ravens Sunday.

Lot of hate when Browns and Steelers play, neither are looking very good could see it going either way honestly.

18 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I don't think he should, not for that proud franchise that even the Football Gods like lol.

.....they do seem to have a serious lack of talent and I don't know who the GM is but I'd say at least one of them should go if not both.

Archived