Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR Stephen Hill

I would love to have a talent like this at the WR position for us. He can perfect his route running by learning from Wayne, and be our big play WR who can go up and get it for Luck. I see him as a better faster version of Demaryius Thomas. I know this WR class is deep, but if we have a chance to possibly get a stud WR, go for it!

I would love to have a talent like this at the WR position for us. He can perfect his route running by learning from Wayne, and be our big play WR who can go up and get it for Luck. I see him as a better faster version of Demaryius Thomas. I know this WR class is deep, but if we have a chance to possibly get a stud WR, go for it!

I agree 100%.

Has worse hands? Is this fact or your opinion? I haven't read scouting reports conplain bout his speed or hands. No one knew who this guy was until the combine, I dont want a combine star but a proven talent. Randle was good even with terrible QB play. I do however like his size, speed and blocking ability(coming from option) so honestly I wouldn't be upset if they picked him because of what has the potential to be

Has worse hands? Is this fact or your opinion? I haven't read scouting reports conplain bout his speed or hands. No one knew who this guy was until the combine, I dont want a combine star but a proven talent. Randle was good even with terrible QB play. I do however like his size, speed and blocking ability(coming from option) so honestly I wouldn't be upset if they picked him because of what has the potential to be

Hill has come from an option offense but even when he has been thrown the ball he has dropped a fair few. I love Randle though/

I think I'd like Ruben Randle instead

Just watch the tape on both receivers, the thing i like about Randle is he always seems to have his feet moving as he is catching the ball. Watch the tape on Hill, he seems to quit striding out as he is catching the ball, which makes for a much easier tackle. Randle to me is always anticipating his next move right after the catch. I think too many ppl get caught up in size.

I think WR & receiveing TE is a Big Need,especially since we will drafting a Franchise QB.

As of now we don't have any receiveing TE's and our best WR is getting up there in years and isn't that fast. Our only other established WR(Collie) is one concussion away from retirement.

I agree that WR and TE are among our biggest needs which, let's face it, are many. CB, OG and DT are some others.

The thing I'm trying to keep in mind is that this is a full re-build and we're looking at 1-2 off seasons to do it all and thank goodness with some REAL salary cap space next spring.

If Hill falls to #34 the we just gotta trust Grigson to take the BPA at a need position with whoever is on the board. If that is Stephen Hill I won't have any problem with it because his physical skills are excellent. And good coaching could really produce a great WR.

Well said....I have been talking up Hill for months....It would be nice to give Luck a large fast target. If Avery can stay healthy and is anywhere near as fast as he once was, this combo could definitely help spread the field and let luck nickle and dime defenses.

Between Wright, Hill, Jeffery, and Randle you'll probably have your choice of two or even three of those guys at the top of the second. That's not a bad group but WRs are still awfully hard to hit on. The real question will probably be who falls at CB to dissuade you from taking any of them.

So was Marivn Harrison for that matter..speed kills! By the way I was not sugggesting the Colts take him in the 2nd round I should have clarified that. He is projected in the 4th or 5th round. Which would free the Colts up to take a TE or DB in the 2nd was my thinking. He is a high value pick in the 4th or 5th round.

So was Marivn Harrison for that matter..speed kills! By the way I was not sugggesting the Colts take him in the 2nd round I should have clarified that. He is projected in the 4th or 5th round. Which would free the Colts up to take a TE or DB in the 2nd was my thinking. He is a high value pick in the 4th or 5th round.

Marvin was 6'0, that's not short and around avg height for a WR. Hill is tall and very fast.

Adams is 5'11 with a 38 vert and a 4.42 40. What he might lose in height he gains in his vert and speed compared to Marvin. Hill is not a proven commodity and Jeffery's does not always bring his A game. Give me a player with a chip on his shoulder to prove something and a work ethic.