Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Fisher

Four2itus

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He’s been a beast in the run game since go.  He’s still a little shaky at times in pass protection.  The Colts could do a lot worse at LT but could also do better.  It will be interesting to see what decision the Colts make on him this off-season.

He will be resigned.  It’s a no brainer.  Ballard viewed his signing as a long term investment as long as he recovered. So far so good.  I can see him being a dominant tackle again next year.

46 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He will be resigned.  It’s a no brainer.  Ballard viewed his signing as a long term investment as long as he recovered. So far so good.  I can see him being a dominant tackle again next year.

I don’t think it’s a no brainer.  I agree it’s probably what will happen but I don’t think it’s a no brainer.  Still I agree it’s probably what will happen and I am good with it if it does.

50 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think it’s a no brainer.  I agree it’s probably what will happen but I don’t think it’s a no brainer.  Still I agree it’s probably what will happen and I am good with it if it does.

Sincere question….

What are our other options? 

37 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Another of the many times i have seen Fisher give great effort while run blocking. 
  BB, with my eyes, Did Not exploit Pinter. Pinter will be ready to start next season.  

Pinter is playing well but Kelly is our starter.  If he was better than Kelly he would be starting.  Nice dependable backup.

58 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Another of the many times i have seen Fisher give great effort while run blocking. 
  BB, with my eyes, Did Not exploit Pinter. Pinter will be ready to start next season.  

But where? Kelly is borderline allpro and under contract for a while. Perhaps at RG but Glow and Pryor are solid there.

I don't think Pinter is going to be a starting T for us. I think he's turning into a better version of Haeg for us, able to fill in anywhere on the oline. Unless he becomes the long term replacement to Glow, or an injury happens to Kelly, my guess is Pinter will get starter money and the ability to start elsewhere when his rookie deal is done. 

Fisher has been great in the run game. The more he's getting in shape the better he's clicking with Q and the rest of the line with his run blocking. My worry with him is about his pass protection. It's a problem. In fact, it's probably our most problematic area on the whole OL. 

9 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

But where? Kelly is borderline allpro and under contract for a while. Perhaps at RG but Glow and Pryor are solid there.

I don't think Pinter is going to be a starting T for us. I think he's turning into a better version of Haeg for us, able to fill in anywhere on the oline. Unless he becomes the long term replacement to Glow, or an injury happens to Kelly, my guess is Pinter will get starter money and the ability to start elsewhere when his rookie deal is done. 

RG will be between Glow and Reed next year

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sincere question….

What are our other options? 

IMO a legitimate option is ... franchise tagging him and drafting out OT of the future(if we like some of them with our day 2 picks. 

I don't know how much he would want for a long-term contract and I don't know what he can command in FA. I'd be OK with it either way because he's a solid OT, but depending on the price we might want to look elsewhere for long-term solution. 

Archived