• Peanut punch to Wentz
  • Judon piling on and elbow to the back of the neck to Wentz
  • Wentz jumping up in the Pats faces
  • Patriots cruising our sideline chirping
  • Pitt and Dugger skirmish
  • Sendejo laying wood twice, and knocking a Pats player out
  • JT moving piles and breaking tackles
  • OL dominating in the run game

Yes, it's back on. Too bad we won't play them until the playoffs the next couple years.

I wish Ballard or Reich would have chirped in last weeks Hard Knocks. If they chirp now, it'll seem less meaningful. 

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Flex Flexing GIF by Indianapolis Colts

Not going to lie that whole thing made me angry. Go Colts. That CB was playing dirty. 

Can someone explain what happened at the fight? They wouldn't show on big screen at game. Also did you guys see Wentz wanting to fight and him yelling with ref after the cheap Judon hit in his head while he was on ground 

4 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Can someone explain what happened at the fight? They wouldn't show on big screen at game. Also did you guys see Wentz wanting to fight and him yelling with ref after the cheap Judon hit in his head while he was on ground 

The Pats safety took exception to Pittman blocking him hard on a run play and they had a scuffle and the Pats player took a swing and knocked Pittmans helmet off and they went to the ground.  I am pretty sure I saw someone in blue shove an official over that was trying to break up the fight unless that was Pittman him getting thrown out wasn’t the right call IMO.  

I will say they said on the broadcast they said Pittman was really frustrated right before that drive as he upset something on the Colts sideline before that series.  So maybe Pittman said something he shouldn’t have.  I think the Pats made it their objective to take Pittman away from Wentz and it was really frustrating Pittman.  Something a young guy can learn from.

14 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=32899739

here’s the replay.  Watching this again it’s even more of a joke Pittman was thrown out.  He got his helmet knocked lose and while trying to pull it back on someone from behind knocked him into the Pats player who took exception to it and took a swinging knocking Pittman back and knocking his helmet off and some Pat shoved him back into the Pat who took him to the ground.  Pittman literally didn’t do anything but try to keep his helmet on.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Pats safety took exception to Pittman blocking him hard on a run play and they had a scuffle and the Pats player took a swing and knocked Pittmans helmet off and they went to the ground.  I am pretty sure I saw someone in blue shove an official over that was trying to break up the fight unless that was Pittman him getting thrown out wasn’t the right call IMO.  

I will say they said on the broadcast they said Pittman was really frustrated right before that drive as he upset something on the Colts sideline before that series.  So maybe Pittman said something he shouldn’t have.  I think the Pats made it their objective to take Pittman away from Wentz and it was really frustrating Pittman.  Something a young guy can learn from.

Watching the replay of game, and literally saw this right after the play. And makes complete sense. Dude cheap shot. I also believe TY knocked the ref over by accident when trying to pull a colt player back off

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:
  • Chippy all game
  • Peanut punch to Wentz
  • Judon piling on and elbow to the back of the neck to Wentz
  • Wentz jumping up in the Pats faces
  • Patriots cruising our sideline chirping
  • Pitt and Dugger skirmish
  • Sendejo laying wood twice, and knocking a Pats player out
  • JT moving piles and breaking tackles
  • OL dominating in the run game

Yes, it's back on. Too bad we won't play them until the playoffs the next couple years.

I wish Ballard or Reich would have chirped in last weeks Hard Knocks. If they chirp now, it'll seem less meaningful. 

No. Chirping is best when you let your players  do the talking on the field. That drives people nuts more than any talk

The other incident that got Wentz going may have been worse.

On a QB sneak for a first down Judon came flying on top of the pile throwing a punch at Carson’s head.  He can’t claim he was trying to punch out the ball either.  The ball was under Wentz, not there to be punched. 

He actually threw a second punch when he was top of the pile.  

I hope he gets fined for that one.  

18 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I think it's all been renewed and you'll see us play them every year again. I just want to thank Josh McDaniel's for his thoughtfulness and kindness for backing out he did us a huge favor and it was nice kicking your behind last night to. 

Okay, but the schedule had nor has nothing to do with the rivalry.   

23 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I was just saying the league probably will  like the rivalry because  they used to schedule  us play each other every year during Manning Brady years. 

They didnt do anything. Teams finish in the same position play each other. For example, they would only play next year if both teams finish in 1st or 2nd etc. The league doesn't make them face each other. During the Manning years we would all finish in 1st or be facing the AFC East that year

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

They didnt do anything. Teams finish in the same position play each other. For example, they would only play next year if both teams finish in 1st or 2nd etc. The league doesn't make them face each other. During the Manning years we would all finish in 1st or be facing the AFC East that year

Okay, I didn't know that well then there's a good chance we play them next year then. 

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Okay, but the schedule had nor has nothing to do with the rivalry.   

well, the schedule definitely did have something to do with the rivalry but not for the reasons originally stated.  it was a rivalry because both the Colts and Pats won their divisions every year so the schedule dictated they would play each other every year.  

Personally I don't think the rivalry is necessarily back on until both teams show that same type of perennial dominance of their divisions.  

Also to the OP, 

30 minutes ago, J@son said:

well, the schedule definitely did have something to do with the rivalry but not for the reasons originally stated.  it was a rivalry because both the Colts and Pats won their divisions every year so the schedule dictated they would play each other every year.  

Personally I don't think the rivalry is necessarily back on until both teams show that same type of perennial dominance of their divisions.  

Also to the OP, 

My point was that the schedules are set up years in advance.  They don’t take into account rivals.   

The pats won’t be on our schedule until 2024 unless we end up in the same place in our divisions either of the next two years.

51 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

My point was that the schedules are set up years in advance.  They don’t take into account rivals.   

oh yeah, I know what you meant.  The NFL wasn't intentionally scheduling the colts and pats to face each other because they'd started a rivalry.  I was just clarifying that it was the method of the scheduling process that did allow it to become an every year rivalry.  

The pats won’t be on our schedule until 2024 unless we end up in the same place in our divisions either of the next two years.

exactly..which is why I'm not just yet ready to say the rivalry is back on.  what made the previous rivalry what it was wasn't just the fact that it was brady vs. manning, but it was also the colts and pats that each dominated their divisions for over a decade.  they're both going to need to prove they can do that again for the rivalry to truly be back on.  in my opinion at least :)

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

btw speaking of NFL scheduling, and this is a little off topic and something I could just google, but how are they determining the 17th game now?  I'm REALLY not a fan of the 17 game season

1 minute ago, J@son said:

btw speaking of NFL scheduling, and this is a little off topic and something I could just google, but how are they determining the 17th game now?  I'm REALLY not a fan of the 17 game season

This year it was the team that finished the same in the opposite conference.  Hence the Bucs who were second in the NFC South.  

Not sure about the formula but we get NFC North next year.  Looks like it’s the Vikings.  

Archived