Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

4 outa next 5 is a must

bleed blue 4 life

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

The Colts losses have been due to mistakes that have erased 2 score leads over teams like Tampa, Baltimore and Tennessee. They manhandled Buffalo.

They have not been blown out by anybody or out-muscled.

I like their chances of winning out or going 4-1. 

Yea blowing double digit leads versus ravens bucs titans and losing a close game to Rams shows we can compete with good teams. Just have to get a key score at the end of those games to stomp on our opponents throats once we get the lead. We can beat patriots if we don't turn over football and Cardinals to though neither will be easy

• Like 2

I think we finish this season as follows....

Beat Texans 7-6

Bye

Lose to Pats 7-7 ( This is one we must have that we probably find a way to lose.)

Upset Arizona 8-7

Beat Raiders 9-7

Beat Jags 10-7

We end season on a 3 game win streak but miss the playoffs on tie breakers. (Losses to Ravens, Titans and Pats prove costly.)

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I think we finish this season as follows....

Beat Texans 7-6

Bye

Lose to Pats 7-7 ( This is one we must have that we probably find a way to lose.)

Upset Arizona 8-7

Beat Raiders 9-7

Beat Jags 10-7

We end season on a 3 game win streak but miss the playoffs on tie breakers. (Losses to Ravens, Titans and Pats prove costly.)

I can see this happening. I can see the reverse too, where we beat the pats and lose to arizona. 

We absolutely have to win out. If we'd won yesterday, i think the division would have been in play but oh well. It's been that kind of year

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Is there a Pro Bowl Free Safety, just lounging around???

:)

Without a true FS, we are going to have a difficult time on defense

Sendejo is having a career year despite all odds and now gets Willis back to help. I wish we could get Boston or another true Free but he has earned my respect 100% so far (Even had a hard hit on Brady at goal line on Sunday that rattled him).

I actually think that 5 out of 5 (5-0) is a must to lock up a playoff spot.  Go 4-1 and Colts will need help with the right teams losing for the remainder of the season. 

I fear this season will go down as ifs and buts, for they should’ve won 2-4 more games than they have.  The team seems so close, but just keep self destructing.  It’s so disappointing for this year, but yet encouraging for next year.

11 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I fear this season will go down as ifs and buts, for they should’ve won 2-4 more games than they have.  The team seems so close, but just keep self destructing.  It’s so disappointing for this year, but yet encouraging for next year.

I would agree

There is a bright future for this team. And the fact is, we have played some REALLY good teams down to the wire.

If we can get some health, and just 2-3 players to add to this current team, we could be in the SB.... next year

Hardest would be maybe Arizona but i just feel like we can beat them. I dont think we will lose to the Raiders or Pats. Harder to obtain if we dont have Buckner though so hopefully we have his services. Ive seen us against every so called best team theyve thrown at us this year and we usually are beating them or going blow for blow for most of the game. We gotta close these deals out though. I say we probably lose 1. I dont see us losing 2.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yeah good stuff @NewColtsFan. It is just a great time to be a Colts fan again. I have always been a fan but this is the best I have felt that we can win the division since 2014 when Luck dominated the division. 
    • Again, IMO it depends on what the goal is. If we are not going all in for a championship, I see no problem with letting the young guys sort out the rotation, find their spots on the team and get some playing time to develop their game. But if we are going for it this year, right now(!!) IMO OBJ should be in heavy consideration. Why OBJ - because he gives the highest ceiling IMO and that highest ceiling will be available for the playoffs, when it will be most needed. He also fits the best from every other option... well maybe TY fits pretty well too, but there is definitely a question about just how much left he has in the tank. In general, I tend to lean towards vets that have reached incredibly high level in the past. I think it's easier to project an all-pro/pro-bowl vet being able to get back to a level we've seen he can reach, than project really high level of development from players who have failed to reach that level before. And this is especially true for short periods of time and runs of several games of high leverage situations(like a playoff run).   So what does that mean for us(if we are going all in now)? IMO OBJ should be priority with players like Julio and TY still being good options. For example, even though TY has been injured and has fallen off I would still believe he has a better chance to be a difference maker in the playoffs than the likes of Parris Campbell, Ashton Dulin, Keke Coutee, etc. 
    • I’ve written a very long post explaining what I believe is happening.   It has nothing to do with the Colts being good and relevant again. I think it’s MUCH bigger than that.  I believe you’ll like what I wrote.   Hope you’ll consider it….   Please scroll up one post. 
    • Back during the combine I heard on the radio one of the nicest and best stories I’ve ever heard about Indianapolis.    Listening to the NFL Network on Sirius XM, a reporter who has covered roughly 25-30 combines said this….  (Not word for word, but a pretty close summary)   That for all the good natured teasing that Indy gets as not a very glamorous or sexy city, that it literally is the PERFECT city to host the combine, and that everyone in the NFL knows it.     That the ONLY reason they’re going to rotate it is to monetize it and make more money.  But here’s what the NFL fears.   That cities like Los Angeles and Dallas are way, WAY too big, too spread out.   And it will be hard, if not nearly impossible for cities like this to keep things organized and running smoothly as Indy does.   That there’s such thing as too big and Indy is the perfect size and they run things so well, so efficiently.  NFL people know this and LOVE this about Indy.  He said he thinks Indy will likely always be part of the rotation.   (Back to my opinion)  So, it strikes me that here’s what the NFL is doing by keeping the Combine in Indy for two more years….  The NFL is going to encourage every city that will submit bids to come and visit INDY the next two combines to see what makes us the perfect host city and what is expected.   The NFL fears moving it and having it be a disaster and poorly done.  It’s one thing to host a draft where there is one central location.  But the combine has many locations besides Lucas Oil.   Hospitals, hotels,  restaurants and more, and they don’t want things so spread out that it’s impossible to keep things organized.   Indy is just the right size, and the other bigger cities have to figure out how to overcome those obstacles.  The NFL is so image conscious, that they don’t want a self inflicted PR wound where there is LOTS of negative feedback about the new city.   Indy is the Gold Standard and they’re trying to make sure everyone else measures up!   Pretty damn nice when you think about it!             
  • Members