Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who's Been to the Bronco's Forum?

18Manning

I've been over there since shortly before he selected the team and while that sentiment popped up on occasion, the vast majority welcomed me, and all the others with open arms.

Their 20,000+ post thread was hilarious and what caused me to join and wish them well on winning Peyton. Their growing love of Peyton and friendly attitude towards his followers was what caused me to stay.

Are you sure we're talking about the same Broncos board?

I was referring to them talking about people totally denouncing the Colts. The first day he signed some of those people were called out. But yes, to people simply following the Broncos as well now, they are welcomed and they should be. Not saying it was rampant but it happened. Just thought it was unique.

I was referring to them talking about people totally denouncing the Colts.

Well that attitude caused even more friction over here. Nobody wants to hear it. Someone being willing to turn on their own team like that makes me nervous probably because it feels like it undermines what we are all here for. If someone came onto this board saying that they hated the Ravens now because they let Pagano go, and they were now Colts fans I would be uncomfortable with that as well. There is a big difference between warming up to a team because you like a player, and angrily rejecting your previous team. I just don't want to hear it I don't care who the team is.

Boiler_Colt Today, 12:31 PM

I remember when he first signed with them, Colts fans flooded their board and said they were now Broncos fans. The Broncos fans to a man said they didn't want anything to do with bandwagon jumpers and urged the fleeing Colts fans to remain Colts fans and stick with their team through thick and thin. I thought that was pretty cool.

Hey Boiler Colt,

Your not one of the guys over there PM'ing people stating nasty remarks towards Colts fans supporting Peyton on the Broncos boards are you?

I dont agree with your assesment. As it seems others here do not as well. They welcomed Peyton followers with open arms and are embracing it. I think perhaps your making a remark on posters here. Just the way i see it.

The other thread to check out is "where were you when you found out"

I've been there. I saw that thread and it made me sad because it reminded me where was I when we LOST Peyton. To see everyone over there so happy to get Peyton does make me happy to see. I also saw you have an account lol.

I've been there. I saw that thread and it made me sad because it reminded me where was I when we LOST Peyton. To see everyone over there so happy to get Peyton does make me happy about it. I also saw you have an account lol.

I felt the same way (remembered where I was when Peyton did the news conference), but began to smile as I saw all the happy Broncos fans. I don't want to start a Peyton or Colts argument again, but there's nothing wrong with being a fan of both. I'll be pulling for the Colts and Peyton. I'm not sure how anyone that loved Peyton before can't still want to follow him and wish him well. He's a GREAT player and person. He deserves nothing less than well wishes.

And for anyone that hasn't yet been to the Broncos forum, you should drop in a read a little, I promise you will smile and get goose bumbs for the things they say about Peyton.

I felt the same way (remembered where I was when Peyton did the news conference), but began to smile as I saw all the happy Broncos fans. I don't want to start a Peyton or Colts argument again, but there's nothing wrong with being a fan of both. I'll be pulling for the Colts and Peyton. I'm not sure how anyone that loved Peyton before can't still want to follow him and wish him well. He's a GREAT player and person. He deserves nothing less than well wishes.

And for anyone that hasn't yet been to the Broncos forum, you should drop in a read a little, I promise you will smile and get goose bumbs for the things they say about Peyton.

Totally agree with you! The Broncos board made me smile again. Now I'm beginning to get excited to see what our new boys will do this year!

I will definitely be following both teams very closely!

I am a long time Colts' fan in Pennsylvania. Just returned from a family wedding in TX with a large group of relatives from Colorado. The CO group greeted me with, "Thank you for your quarterback!" They are very excited to have Peyton. They continued to tell me all about PM and his play... I didn't know if I wanted to smile or cry.

The old ball and chain is a Denver born and raised Broncos fan, so I've heard plenty about how thrilled they are out there. Frankly, I can't blame 'em one bit. They've just inherited a heck of a QB and seem to be moving in the right direction under Fox and Elway after the complete and utter fiasco that was replacing Shanahan with McDaniels. Can't say I didn't blame them a ton for backing Tebow so vigorously, though. ;)

On a side note, I don't get people who follow players over teams. It's just a completely alien concept to me and just feels incredibly wrong/dirty. Being a long-suffering fan of a single team just has that effect, I suppose.

The old ball and chain is a Denver born and raised Broncos fan, so I've heard plenty about how thrilled they are out there. Frankly, I can't blame 'em one bit. They've just inherited a heck of a QB and seem to be moving in the right direction under Fox and Elway after the complete and utter fiasco that was replacing Shanahan with McDaniels. Can't say I didn't blame them a ton for backing Tebow so vigorously, though. ;)

On a side note, I don't get people who follow players over teams. It's just a completely alien concept to me and just feels incredibly wrong/dirty. Being a long-suffering fan of a single team just has that effect, I suppose.

If the player is the reason you started following the team, it's hard to overlook it when he is no longer there. You might say that those of us who feel that way were never fans of the team. You are probably right. I have been following the Giants for 28 years now. I won't abandon them, but I love Eli. If he left, I'd still root for him and the Giants. Don't feel that connection to the Colts, so it's easy to follow te player.

I might be wrong but I do think Peyton has a Super Bowl ring. ;)

Sometimes I think people act like he is Dan Marino and has never experienced it all. He has been to two Super Bowls and the Colts won one with him. That is still quite an accomplishment even if he never wins another. Not every player gets 3+ rings. It takes a great team and a lot of luck at times too. Our kicker has 4 rings and was fortunate enough to be on the Pats dynasty teams and with the Colts in 2006.

Even if Peyton retired this offseason he has done everything I could ask for in an individual player.

And Vinny is personally responsible for 2 of those Patriot SB victories.

And Vinny is personally responsible for 2 of those Patriot SB victories.

He did miss one or two vs. the Panthers but made up for it in the end.

I'll give you the Snow Bowl though.....pretty impressive stuff. I have to give the Pats offense credit though at the end of the Rams SB too, many thought they would play for OT but they got it in range. Great kick by Adam though in the end.

Colts also did not win a title until they got him. Adam is a Super Bowl good luck charm I always said :). Colts did not have him vs. the Saints. ;) I am not ashamed to admit that when the Colts signed Adam I told my father we were going to win the next SB finally, I said he was the missing piece. I was that excited over the signing, he always seemed like more then a kicker to me.

The Broncos fans quickly went from loving Tebow to forgetting he ever started there lol.

Imagine it being pre-Peyton Indy and you just found out that a future hall-of-fame QB is about to come to be the starter.

You feel that feeling, optimism my friends. Greatest elixir in the world!

If the player is the reason you started following the team, it's hard to overlook it when he is no longer there. You might say that those of us who feel that way were never fans of the team. You are probably right. I have been following the Giants for 28 years now. I won't abandon them, but I love Eli. If he left, I'd still root for him and the Giants. Don't feel that connection to the Colts, so it's easy to follow te player.

Agree 100%. I'm still a fan of the Colts, but I will not abandon my love of watching Peyton play. I have lots of family in different states with their own NFL teams. They all enjoyed watching the Colts play ONLY because of Peyton. I started watching the Colts before Peyton arrived and enjoyed watching that much more when he started. You can be a fan of both. Don't know why that's "dirty".

I've been on Broncos Country. For the most part, they welcome Colts fans who wish to continue following Manning until he retires. They are reluctant to embrace the 'team jumpers'. People not a fan of a team per se`, but fans of the team that have their player(s) on them. And I am not a fan of those who went over there and dirty their carpets after jumping the Colts ship and disparage anything the Colts owner, FO, or supportive fans say or did. Just enjoy their 'house' (Forum) and Manning getting to play some more. Come back here to air your dirty laundry regarding the Colts/FO/Colts fans, please. Though I think even that scenario has now run its course (I hope).

It's really cool to see how excited the Broncos fans are to have Peyton.

I went there and they were unanimously agreeing that PM was the second best QB they ever had behind bucky Elway and I had to leave.Anyone who thinks Elway is in Mannings league is either mentally insane or just plain dumb.He had to have T Davis come in and win 2 of them for him.

I'm a Peyton fan too, but not really a Colts fan. Honestly, once the season starts I'll probably ease out of here and stick to the Broncos. Can only handle 2 teams at a time during the season and would never abandon my Giants board :)

why?The Mannings don't even know you exist. Edited by Maureen
inflammatory

I am a long time Colts' fan in Pennsylvania. Just returned from a family wedding in TX with a large group of relatives from Colorado. The CO group greeted me with, "Thank you for your quarterback!" They are very excited to have Peyton. They continued to tell me all about PM and his play... I didn't know if I wanted to smile or cry.

they may regret it in the end,the man hasn't played in 2 years,is methuselah by NFL standards ,and has a recent history of majoe injury.If I were them I wouldn't pencil in anything yet.I don't think they are all that great even with him.

why?The Mannings don't even know you exist.Will never understand this athlete worshipping mentality.

For the 10,000th time, I am a lifelong Giants fan. I started with the Giants since Simms and have suffered through Dave Brown, and Kent Graham as the QBs. I stuck with them with Kerry Collins and kurt Warner. I just like Peyton and Eli. The Giants are still my team and will be after Eli leaves. I just like to follow Peyton and Eli's career at the same time. Not sure why I have to keep apologizing for that.

For the 10,000th time, I am a lifelong Giants fan. I started with the Giants since Simms and have suffered through Dave Brown, and Kent Graham as the QBs. I stuck with them with Kerry Collins and kurt Warner. I just like Peyton and Eli. The Giants are still my team and will be after Eli leaves. I just like to follow Peyton and Eli's career at the same time. Not sure why I have to keep apologizing for that.

IMO, you don't have to apologize. Peyton and Eli are both great QB's, and besides since this is a free country, you are allowed to like and do as you wish (within the law of course ;) ) Don't worry or feel like you have to apologize.

why?The Mannings don't even know you exist.Will never understand this athlete worshipping mentality.

RIght, That's COMPLETELY different than worshiping a team - which is the entire reason for the existence of this forum.

Of course the fact that seconds later you wrote: "Anyone who thinks Elway is in Mannings league is either mentally insane or just plain dumb", and that your signature is "Godspeed to 2 Colt's heroes Bubba Smith and 88 John Mackey"

leaves me a bit confused. Well, one of us is anyway.

Which Tennis teams do you root for? How about Golf? I love auto racing - BIG fan of Jacques Villeneuve. His career was at it's most enjoyable when he was driving for Williams in F1, but I'd still be rooting for him if he was driving for the Iranian national team (if there was such a thing). The Beatles were fantastic, but by your logic should I have refused to listen to Wings? Any favorite authors? Do you stop reading them because they change publishers?

You don't understand athlete worship? I don't understand blindly drawing lines in the sand. All of the above are artists in their own right, and teams are nothing but collections of individual talent. You can root for the laundry, you can root for the city, you can root for the individual, or all of the above. Whatever makes your boat float. There is no right and no wrong, and the fact that you can't understand it is simply unfortunate for you.

yep. If Brady is gone I follow the Patriots, not Brady.

There does seem to be more athelete fans with the younger generation these days,

I was working in a card store and asked a couple kids what their favorite team was. They said huh, he follow the players not the team. Well there ya go.

This was baseball where admittedly there is more movement of players from teams...but still.........

Thanks for backing me up, Mac and Coltspride

You're not alone.... whether people admit it or not, most everyone has a "favorite" be it a TEAM, an individual player, or artist. I am with you on the Peyton and Eli worshipping, and not afraid or ashamed to admit it.

Agree 100%. I'm still a fan of the Colts, but I will not abandon my love of watching Peyton play. I have lots of family in different states with their own NFL teams. They all enjoyed watching the Colts play ONLY because of Peyton. I started watching the Colts before Peyton arrived and enjoyed watching that much more when he started. You can be a fan of both. Don't know why that's "dirty".

I should probably point out the "players over teams" thing was moreso directed at people who have no team. If you're a lifelong Giants fan then you're just doing what most diehards do and have secondary rooting interests based on somewhat arbitrary criteria (players/coaches/owners/styles of play you like or don't like). Similarly, if you start following a team because of a player and stick with that team then you're also fine in my book.

What irks me are people with no team allegiance who are infatuated with only the player. You don't see it that often but there are Tebow fans like that and us Skins fans were afflicted with Colt Brennan fans of a similar nature (largely people from Hawaii who really didn't care at all about the team before or after the presence of said 5th round pick). There are quite a few LeBron James fans like that also... and James himself represents something else that bothers me: pure frontrunners (Lakers/Yankees/Cowboys type fans).

My experience has been the same as yours. The only thing they didn't like was people using the term "Broncolts"

There's someone on the boards that, no matter how many broncos fans he has quote him, he still keeps saying Broncolts ha. He's making them mad. Well, was at least.

I've been to their boards regularly and for the most part, it's welcoming. There's some of the people on the Denver Boards I can't really stand, though. It's like they question why Colts fans are there.

You are just the reverse of what a lot of Colts fans have been for years. A lot of Colts fans like me loved the Colts and liked the Giants because Eli went to the play for the Giants. Nothing wrong with that. Since Eli went there there have become other reasons I like the Giants to the point they are my second favorite team. Nothing wrong with that. Don't listen to people who give you a hard time for it. You are alloud to cheer for anyone you want for any reason you want.