Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who's Been to the Bronco's Forum?

18Manning

I really do hope Peyton gets his SB ring this year and next.

I might be wrong but I do think Peyton has a Super Bowl ring. ;)

Sometimes I think people act like he is Dan Marino and has never experienced it all. He has been to two Super Bowls and the Colts won one with him. That is still quite an accomplishment even if he never wins another. Not every player gets 3+ rings. It takes a great team and a lot of luck at times too. Our kicker has 4 rings and was fortunate enough to be on the Pats dynasty teams and with the Colts in 2006.

Even if Peyton retired this offseason he has done everything I could ask for in an individual player.

I have no desire to go to the Broncos Forum, and pretend to be a Broncos Fan. I am not a Broncos Fan, I am and always will be a Peyton Manning fan, and will follow his career, but it's all I can do to keep up with this forum haha

I have no desire to go to the Broncos Forum, and pretend to be a Broncos Fan. I am not a Broncos Fan, I am and always will be a Peyton Manning fan, and will follow his career, but it's all I can do to keep up with this forum haha

I'm a Peyton fan too, but not really a Colts fan. Honestly, once the season starts I'll probably ease out of here and stick to the Broncos. Can only handle 2 teams at a time during the season and would never abandon my Giants board :)

As I am and will be. You don't have to be a Broncos fan to see the nice things they're saying about Peyton. You truly are missing some comments that will make you proud.

Sometimes I think people act like he is Dan Marino and has never experienced it all. He has been to two Super Bowls and the Colts won one with him. That is still quite an accomplishment even if he never wins another. Not every player gets 3+ rings. It takes a great team and a lot of luck at times too. Our kicker has 4 rings and was fortunate enough to be on the Pats dynasty teams and with the Colts in 2006.

Even if Peyton retired this offseason he has done everything I could ask for in an individual player.

I completely agree my friend, and quite honestly if you asked me before his SB win I would have told you that he should go down as the best QB to ever play the game of football. But the harsh reality is he will not get the credit he deserves unless he gets a few more SB wins under his belt. I think Denver is just the place to get it done for him in the next five years too. I am forever grateful and will alwaysremember what he did for us and that he took us to 2 SBs.

I am there under the same screen name as well. They are excited, no doubt about that, good for them. However, I sure feel more excitment being here amongst my Colts comrades that I have known for a while. :) I participate in football discussion occasionally and am more of a casual observer there. Here, I am the more than casual poster. :)

It will be nice to know that Manning vs Brady will continue again, just in a different laundry for Peyton. Most importantly, I hope Peyton is healthy and does not go out the way Steve Young and Troy Aikman did, due to concussions and physical issues.

I completely agree my friend,and quite honestly if you asked me before his SB win I would have told you that he should go down as the best QB to ever play the game of football. But the harsh reality is he will not get the credit he deserves unless he gets a few more SB wins under his belt. I think Denver is just the place to get it done for him in the next five years too. I am forever grateful and will alwaysremember what he did for us and that he took us to 2 SBs.

The Broncos destiny with Manning will unfold with time. Will be interesting to watch.

Exactly, it does take a very good team, great coaching and luck as well. I will count my blessings when I got to watch Peyton play in person here and hope to do so when he returns to Indy next year.

I'm there with the same screen name as here. Just saw your post 18Manning.

There's still a lot people in mourning about Tebow, but most wanted him to stay behind Manning. Very few aren't excited.

Much easier to remember if you (at least me) don't make up a new name.

I laughed that a Manning vs. Brady thread popped up over there the day Peyton signed. Manning is winning :)

Just don't:

1) insult Tebow - older members can do that, but not newbies

2) insult John Elway - no one gets away with that.

I saw that too...and you're right...Peyton is winning. :)

I laughed that a Manning vs. Brady thread popped up over there the day Peyton signed. Manning is winning :)

Just don't:

1) insult Tebow - older members can do that, but not newbies

2) insult John Elway - no one gets away with that.

Why would anyone want to insult John? No one would get away with that with me. I grew up watching (and loving) #7. He is a big part of what made me love football.

Manning vs Brady is a classic rivalry that will never end until one of them retires (and then it won't die, it will still be talked about and forever lived in the "Greatest Players of All Time" shows on the NFL and in discussions...lets just hope the commentators and analysts start getting it right--Brady will never compare to Peyton. E V E R. Peyton can succeed no matter who is around him. Brady cannot. Peyton doesn't have to have a great football mind as coach to suceed. Brady does. Peyton is a man. Brady is a whiner who comes across to me as a baby. Peyton is the best. Brady is not... ...dang I could do these all day...

If you really want to see something, go to the draft/free agent section and scroll back a bit to see a thread that is now locked. It started the day the Colts announced they would release Manning by someone hoping the Broncos would get him. By the time they got him less than 2 weeks later, the thread had over 21,000 replies and something like 1425 pages.

If you really want to see something, go to the draft/free agent section and scroll back a bit to see a thread that is now locked. It started the day the Colts announced they would release Manning by someone hoping the Broncos would get him. By the time they got him less than 2 weeks later, the thread had over 21,000 replies and something like 1425 pages.

How cool is that??? Reading their comments do make me smile...talking about giving him a key to the city and everything. I hope they stay loyal to him even if things are rough starting out for him (I don't expect rocky for him, but there is a slight chance it might be). I do have to admit, part of me wants to go "He's ours! He's a Colt! He's just making a short stop with you until he retires to come back to Indy!" But alas, I will not...part of me still doesn't want to share him...lol, I know I know...I still think it's the best move all the way around for both teams.

HOLY SMOKES...THAT'S CRAZY!

How cool is that??? Reading their comments do make me smile...talking about giving him a key to the city and everything. I hope they stay loyal to him even if things are rough starting out for him (I don't expect rocky for him, but there is a slight chance it might be). I do have to admit, part of me wants to go "He's ours! He's a Colt! He's just making a short stop with you until he retires to come back to Indy!" But alas, I will not...part of me still doesn't want to share him...lol, I know I know...I still think it's the best move all the way around for both teams.

Me too...

In many ways I believe while Peyton's mind and work ethic is in Denver, that his heart will always be with the Colts.

I might be wrong though. However when you spend so long with just one team like Manning has I am not sure how easy it is to have your football soul join with another team.

In many ways I believe while Peyton's mind and work ethic is in Denver, that his heart will always be with the Colts.

I might be wrong though. However when you spend so long with just one team like Manning has I am not sure how easy it is to have your football soul join with another team.

Well, I think the fact that the Broncos will always "belong" to Elway makes it more likely that he'll return to Indy after retirement if he wants to stay in football. Either that or back to Tenessee at the college level. I think there's a sense that the Broncos are borrowing him. Could change with superbowl wins, but time will tell.

Well, I think the fact that the Broncos will always "belong" to Elway makes it more likely that he'll return to Indy after retirement if he wants to stay in football. Either that or back to Tenessee at the college level. I think there's a sense that the Broncos are borrowing him. Could change with superbowl wins, but time will tell.

I agree with both you and Jules. Peyton is Indy as John is Denver. Peyton will return to Indy should he want to stay in football after retirement (of course that is my speculation). I quite like the idea of him as our GM or VP... ...what about Peyton as VP and Jeff Saturday as our GM... ... ...I like it, I like it a lot...the duo back together again...just as it should be :D

Some analysts still categorize him as that.

Some analysts still categorize him as that.

True.

To be fair though nothing against Marino. He is an all time great as well (even though I was never a big fan of his lol). Peyton said once that after the SB win some people would say to him "Well now we don't have to compare you to Marino." And Manning would say something like "Why not? Being compared to Marino is an honor."

I guess it's all about the ringz and at the same time it isn't if that makes sense. :)

I'm over there as well (Colts2Broncos). I think I say this every time I post, but I'm not a big poster (obviously), even though I've hung around the Colts Official forums since 2007 I think. I've almost always loved coming here and sharing in the excitement by just quietly "listening" to everyone else.

Losing Peyton was tough. Losing Dallas was worse (for me...he was my absolute favorite), and for a while I wondered how I would get excited with the Colts again. Yes, I'm not ashamed to admit my love for the Colts started in 2005 so the "team" we just lost is the only team I've ever known. It's been tough. "Building the Monster" honestly has me very excited and ready for the season to start to see what happens and fall in love with the Colts all over again. Still going to be strange not seeing "the gang" coming out of the tunnel....but I can learn the new guys and pick my favorites again.

But honestly, right now I feel happier hanging out on the Broncos board and watching their excitement build as they learn who Peyton really is, not just as a player, but as a person as well! I've been really surprised by the reactions of some on this board and for a while, checking in here left me angry for a while after I would sign out. I under it's a business and unpleasant things must be done...but the attitude of many who just wanted to forget Peyton ever existed was frustrating. Oh well, not trying to start it up again. In fact, it's beginning to get pleasant to lurk around here again!

Anyway, I keep telling myself that I need to join in the conversations more because I recognize so many of you over on Broncos and want to say hi over there, but you wouldn't know who the heck I am! LOL! So here's to trying to interact around here a little more and getting to know you all better! It's a new season and I can't wait for it to start. I will be following Peyton closely, but I'm still a Colts fan in my heart!

I'm over there as well (Colts2Broncos). I think I say this every time I post, but I'm not a big poster (obviously), even though I've hung around the Colts Official forums since 2007 I think. I've almost always loved coming here and sharing in the excitement by just quietly "listening" to everyone else.

Losing Peyton was tough. Losing Dallas was worse (for me...he was my absolute favorite), and for a while I wondered how I would get excited with the Colts again. Yes, I'm not ashamed to admit my love for the Colts started in 2005 so the "team" we just lost is the only team I've ever known. It's been tough. "Building the Monster" honestly has me very excited and ready for the season to start to see what happens and fall in love with the Colts all over again. Still going to be strange not seeing "the gang" coming out of the tunnel....but I can learn the new guys and pick my favorites again.

But honestly, right now I feel happier hanging out on the Broncos board and watching their excitement build as they learn who Peyton really is, not just as a player, but as a person as well! I've been really surprised by the reactions of some on this board and for a while, checking in here left me angry for a while after I would sign out. I under it's a business and unpleasant things must be done...but the attitude of many who just wanted to forget Peyton ever existed was frustrating. Oh well, not trying to start it up again. In fact, it's beginning to get pleasant to lurk around here again!

Anyway, I keep telling myself that I need to join in the conversations more because I recognize so many of you over on Broncos and want to say hi over there, but you wouldn't know who the heck I am! LOL! So here's to trying to interact around here a little more and getting to know you all better! It's a new season and I can't wait for it to start. I will be following Peyton closely, but I'm still a Colts fan in my heart!

Hi. I'll keep an eye out for you over there. Thanks for introducing yourself.

I remember when he first signed with them, Colts fans flooded their board and said they were now Broncos fans. The Broncos fans to a man said they didn't want anything to do with bandwagon jumpers and urged the fleeing Colts fans to remain Colts fans and stick with their team through thick and thin. I thought that was pretty cool.

I remember when he first signed with them, Colts fans flooded their board and said they were now Broncos fans. The Broncos fans to a man said they didn't want anything to do with bandwagon jumpers and urged the fleeing Colts fans to remain Colts fans and stick with their team through thick and thin. I thought that was pretty cool.

I've been over there since shortly before he selected the team and while that sentiment popped up on occasion, the vast majority welcomed me, and all the others with open arms.

Their 20,000+ post thread was hilarious and what caused me to join and wish them well on winning Peyton. Their growing love of Peyton and friendly attitude towards his followers was what caused me to stay.

Are you sure we're talking about the same Broncos board?

I've been over there since shortly before he selected the team and while that sentiment popped up on occasion, the vast majority welcomed me, and all the others with open arms.

Their 20,000+ post thread was hilarious and what caused me to join and wish them well on winning Peyton. Their growing love of Peyton and friendly attitude towards his followers was what caused me to stay.

Are you sure we're talking about the same Broncos board?

My experience has been the same as yours. The only thing they didn't like was people using the term "Broncolts"

My experience has been the same as yours. The only thing they didn't like was people using the term "Broncolts"

LOL! Yeah, they definitely didn't like that one little bit! Like you said earlier, there are a few sensitive topics to steer clear of, but for the most part, it's been a lot of fun to watch the excitement growing over there.