Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Master Plan

Alright, I was spaced out and came up with this idea. Say I was the Vikes GM. I would make a deal with the Browns. They would announce their plans to draft Tannehill at #4. This would make the Phins trade up for a large sum to #3. The Vikings win. Then, the Browns get first pick of every player that isn't a QB. The Browns win. A little crazy, I know. What are your thoughts?

Alright, I was spaced out and came up with this idea. Say I was the Vikes GM. I would make a deal with the Browns. They would announce their plans to draft Tannehill at #4. This would make the Phins trade up for a large sum to #3. The Vikings win. Then, the Browns get first pick of every player that isn't a QB. The Browns win. A little crazy, I know. What are your thoughts?

I agree with the spaced out comment lmao

Think you have been hitting a bottle of Polian Juice, that is what he is advocating. Who knows, Miami hasn't made anything else work so far this off season

If the Dolphins were that concerned about the Browns taking R.T. they probably would have already traded up (or are planning to do so). This would lead me to suspect they would simply go with Matt Moore and draft a WR. They don't have to be so desperate with David Garrard on the roster. Next years draft has some decent talent. Brandon Weeden and Kirk Cousins will be there in the 2nd.

If the Dolphins were that concerned about the Browns taking R.T. they probably would have already traded up (or are planning to do so). This would lead me to suspect they would simply go with Matt Moore and draft a WR. They don't have to be so desperate with David Garrard on the roster. Next years draft has some decent talent. Brandon Weeden and Kirk Cousins will be there in the 2nd.

Weeden is old and yet not refined. Bad mix. And eww Cousins? Overrated. Will be a great backup to have.

Weeden is old and yet not refined. Bad mix. And eww Cousins? Overrated. Will be a great backup to have.

I was simply saying that they don't need to mortgage themselves to get R.T. I agree Weeden and Cousins are not the answers for them. They have 2 guys on the roster to get them through until next years draft. I said the two above simply because they are the next highest rated QBs in the draft. I would personally wait until the 5th and take Nick Foles.

haha! I like the conspiracy type theory here, I like it a lot!

I got to admit Id take both Cousins and Weeden over Tannehill at this point his body of work isnt enough, he still has the wide receiver label sticking to him and I just cant see him being anything more then a backup and Im not sure a serviceable one at this point

I got to admit Id take both Cousins and Weeden over Tannehill at this point his body of work isnt enough, he still has the wide receiver label sticking to him and I just cant see him being anything more then a backup and Im not sure a serviceable one at this point

I can respect that. I don't like RT either. I honestly think Cousins will be a great backup. Smart, decent, but definitely not a star.

I can respect that. I don't like RT either. I honestly think Cousins will be a great backup. Smart, decent, but definitely not a star.

I believe if he goes to the right team with a solid veteran he can learn behind him and be a serviceable backup and come in and get you a few wins if the starter goes down, Cousins that is and Weeden

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, April 11, 2012 - merge mistake
Hidden by 21isSuperman, April 11, 2012 - merge mistake

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8283a406/article/jake-ballard-could-miss-season-more-surgery-revealed?module=HP11_headline_stack

I sense the Giants are going to draft a tight end after reading this article. If Fleener is still on the board, they'll most likely grab him.

Which means for us Colts fan our dream of Luck to Fleener might not happen :(

Unless the Giants totally whiff on the pick....Thoughts?

They did sign Martellus Bennett and they have Beckum coming back. They have some other bigger needs too, so while they could take Fleener I personally don't think they will.

Wouldn't be surprised if they took Fleener and the pick makes sense to me. The whole Luck & Fleener going to the Colts right now is a dream and is looking to be more of a dream than something that will become reality and I'm fine with that. I know people love the idea of Luck throwing to someone he knows and how Fleener would be perfect, but there are other TEs in this class that can do what Fleener does. The TE class might not be that great in comparison to years past, but there are capable TEs in this draft besides Fleener. James Hannah around the 5th or 6th round or Ladarius Green in the 4th (Or 3rd depending how high his stock rises from now to draft day) are great options who have very similar skill sets to Fleener. TE is a very large need, but just because we might not land Fleener doesn't mean we're boned at the TE position.

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

I sense the Giants are going to draft a tight end after reading this article. If Fleener is still on the board, they'll most likely grab him.

Which means for us Colts fan our dream of Luck to Fleener might not happen :(

Unless the Giants totally whiff on the pick....Thoughts?

I hope your wrong,i really like him myself

He's not the as good of a blocker as their TE's in their system. Giants fans think OT, RB, and LB are the biggest needs and that TE Dwayne Allen fits their system better anyways.

Personally, I think the point is moot because I think Houston will take him.

It is a terrible story Cleveland Browns (THE DOG POUND) great fans and supporters, team always plays hard,just cant win.

They certainly have some of the most faithful fans in the league....that entire city is snake-bitten by pretty much every sports franchise. The Browns, Cavs, and Indians (and if you want, the Blue Jackets of the NHL even though that's Columbus) haven't won anything recently

Fleener will go to Houston or Baltimore most likely. Both in need of a TE and Fleener is too good of a talent to sneak out of the 1st round. The Giants need to go with O-line or LB. Maybe Hightower from Alabama or someone like that

It seems more and more likely that Janoris Jenkins will fall to us, IMO :) than Fleener or Stephen Hill.

However, I would prefer that Kevin Zeitler falls to us and becomes a franchise OG for a while.