Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tevi out for the season

CR91

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesnt affect our squad as he was getting cut anyway and honestly should have been weeks ago and this injury wouldnt have ever happened. That being said I feel for Sam the person, seemed like a good enough guy and teammate  and if this is the end of his career he played longer than most....

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Doesnt affect our squad as he was getting cut anyway and honestly should have been weeks ago and this injury wouldnt have ever happened. That being said I feel for Sam the person, seemed like a good enough guy and teammate  and if this is the end of his career he played longer than most....

I don't think he would have been cut especially with Fisher still on the mend and having Covid on top of it.

8 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

He was long gone zero question about that.  Davenport and Holden both passed him.

Davenport sure, but Holden hasn't exactly had a good camp either and we don't know how long Fisher will be out.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Davenport sure, but Holden hasn't exactly had a good camp either and we don't know how long Fisher will be out.

Sam may have had the worst camp of any player on our squad, got beat on a daily basis (Multiple write ups on how bad it was) and in games got beat by 3rd and 4th string players. Davenport starting at LT until Fisher is back which could be opening day though most likely week 3-5, Holden playing swing Tackle until then.    

57 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

If he were not injured and was released he would of saved the Colts over $2.1m in cap space.

Now will have to eat all non incentive/roster bonus $$.

Instead of $1m dead cap(if he were to be cut pre injury), he will be closer to the $2.5-$2.7m dead cap on IR(post injury).

So either way this affects our squad, be it loss of depth(even if not good), but also loss of potential cap savings that are unobtainable now.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

If he were not injured and was released he would of saved the Colts over $2.1m in cap space.

Now will have to eat all non incentive/roster bonus $$.

Instead of $1m dead cap(if he were to be cut pre injury), he will be closer to the $2.5-$2.7m dead cap on IR(post injury).

So either way this affects our squad, be it loss of depth(even if not good), but also loss of potential cap savings that are unobtainable now.

If he goes to season ending IR before making the 53, I didn't think his pay counted against our Cap (since he won't be on the 53).??

We waived some other injured guys like Togiai, N Nelson, and Q. Davis, with injury designation, and they reverted to IR. I think more or less then we have to do an injury settlement. Not sure what counts against the cap though.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

If he goes to season ending IR before making the 53, I didn't think his pay counted against our Cap (since he won't be on the 53).??

We waived some other injured guys like Togiai, N Nelson, and Q. Davis, with injury designation, and they reverted to IR. I think more or less then we have to do an injury settlement. Not sure what counts against the cap though.

Very little

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

It counts against IR dead cap.

All those guys got their bread.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/cap/

Take a look at IR Cap:

Definitely counts against the cap.

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Sam may have had the worst camp of any player on our squad, got beat on a daily basis (Multiple write ups on how bad it was) and in games got beat by 3rd and 4th string players. Davenport starting at LT until Fisher is back which could be opening day though most likely week 3-5, Holden playing swing Tackle until then.    

I'm not arguing that, but from a depth perspective it's an issue especially with Fisher on Covid.

Just now, CR91 said:

I'm not arguing that, but from a depth perspective it's an issue especially with Fisher on Covid.

Fisher really isn't missing a lot. Just personal trainer time which he can do at home. As long as he's not feeling bad... . Pretty sure most of the stuff he was doing on the sidelines was simple motion drills.

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So Jennings, who we did an injury settlement with, does not appear anywhere?

Jennings must not of had an injury that was expected to drag into regular season.

On injury settlement they come to an agreement on how many regular season games you would miss. If any, those game checks count against cap.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/overthecap.com/what-exactly-are-injury-settlements/amp/

16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Fisher really isn't missing a lot. Just personal trainer time which he can do at home. As long as he's not feeling bad... . Pretty sure most of the stuff he was doing on the sidelines was simple motion drills.

There's a difference between re-habing alone and re-habing at the facility. Imo, this only extends his timetable to return.

21 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Where did I say that he wouldn’t count against the cap

This post is worse than your last one 

Your last post was 2 words "very little". Which was not correct in any aspect it could of been applied to replying to that post.

EastStreets Questions:(your take:very little)

1. Tevi's cap hit post injury(not correct)

2. Other IR reverts cap hit(not correct)

3. What counts against the cap(not correct)

I gave you credit for it not being number 1 and assumed you meant 2 and 3, which were still wrong.

Then you come back with this post clarifying you were meaning Tevi? Ok, guess I gave you to much credit in the post before.

Now, my turn to ask a question. Where did I say, that you said, he wouldn't count against the cap? You clearly said "very little", which we've established is wrong in every aspect in which it could be applied in this scenario.

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

depend on the person... it's like you can trust some people to work from home, some you can't.

I've never had to re-hab an injury so I can't speak from experience, but you would think a billion dollar company would have better resources for you then doing it alone.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

I've never had to re-hab an injury so I can't speak from experience, but you would think a billion dollar company would have better resources for you then doing it alone.

I'm sure somebody is zooming with him, but if he's covid positive, he's going to be at home alone.

Archived