Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College basketball 2021-22 thread

Hard to believe it but it wont be long til college ball is being played.

Looks like Woodson is doing a nice job recruiting for IU for his first season. 

I think UK will be much improved (hard to be worse than 9-16) but probably wont be a championship caliber team.

Its Coach Ks last year at Duke. Should be an interesting year.

• 4 weeks later...

I heard a talk show host on local radio this morning talk about the upcoming changes to college basketball i the next 5 years with the NIL and transfer options now available.  He said in 5 years we may see 5-10 super programs that will emerge and then the rest will be also-rans.  He mentioned Duke, Kentucky specifically.

I've always rooted against IU.   It stems from when I moved to northern Indiana in 1987, there were 9 IU fans to every Purdue fan.   It seemed the IU fans were cocky, so I leaned the other way and pulled for Purdue. 

I just googles the Big Ten win projections and Purdue is supposed to finish 13th in the conference and IU 4th.   Granted they still have to play the games but it sure doesn't get me too excited.   Call me in March. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/23/2021 at 4:46 PM, Myles said:

I've always rooted against IU.   It stems from when I moved to northern Indiana in 1987, there were 9 IU fans to every Purdue fan.   It seemed the IU fans were cocky, so I leaned the other way and pulled for Purdue. 

I just googles the Big Ten win projections and Purdue is supposed to finish 13th in the conference and IU 4th.   Granted they still have to play the games but it sure doesn't get me too excited.   Call me in March. 

"Keith Smart", 'Cuse fan" here...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2021 at 4:46 PM, Myles said:

They were way off on their prediction.

Should be a good one this year.   Lots of good teams but very few great teams.  

3 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Tennessee is playing in Indy on Thursday.  Already clearing my schedule to go. Got a favorable bracket this year but still will be a tough road to the final 4

Tennessee was my preseason favorite with Kennedy Chandler coming in and honestly nothing has changed for me , they ran right through the SEC tournament and even though a 3 seed essentially a 2 seed (You can swap them and Nova) they will be a hard out. The are the most complete squad, can play small or big, fast or slow and their D locks clubs down. Rocky Top 2022

8 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Tennessee was my preseason favorite with Kennedy Chandler coming in and honestly nothing has changed for me , they ran right through the SEC tournament and even though a 3 seed essentially a 2 seed (You can swap them and Nova) they will be a hard out. The are the most complete squad, can play small or big, fast or slow and their D locks clubs down. Rocky Top 2022

Fingers crossed!!

The Big Ten is 2-2 in the tournament so far.  They need a good showing or they won't even sniff 9 teams making the tournament next year.  They did bad last year.   IU got clobbered yesterday, so that wasn't good for the Big Ten (although I enjoyed it).   Iowa got be pretty convincingly by Richmond.   I hope the Big Ten can win 4/5 games today.

Awesome to see St. Peters knock #2 Kentucky out.  

I used to love March Madness. I did not even realize the tournament is on. haha Are there no big-time College Basketball fans on this forum? 

@2006Coltsbestever Thanks for letting me know that my guy Jay Wright's team has moved to the Sweet 16. I may watch the Sweet 16. 

I am a big fan of Tom Izzo. I see that he is going against Duke. I always root against Duke but I hear that this is Coach K's last season. I am conflicted. I think I am still going to root for Izzo. 

UAB is a 2 Seed?  Texas Tech is a 3 Seed? Is Florida State in the tourney this year?

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I used to love March Madness. I did not even realize the tournament is on. haha Are there no big-time College Basketball fans on this forum? 

@2006Coltsbestever Thanks for letting me know that my guy Jay Wright's team has moved to the Sweet 16. I may watch the Sweet 16. 

I am a big fan of Tom Izzo. I see that he is going against Duke. I always root against Duke but I hear that this is Coach K's last season. I am conflicted. I think I am still going to root for Izzo. 

UAB is a 2 Seed?  Texas Tech is a 3 Seed? Is Florida State in the tourney this year?

No problem, who's who Ncaa Basketball What GIF by BIG EAST Conferenceor George Clooney Reaction GIF by American Film Institute- is it Clooney or Jay Wright?

I have a gut feeling it is Gonzaga's year finally. Arizona is great too. Villanova with Clooney could even win it all. St Peters is the story of the tourney so far though. They are in the Sweet 16 for the 1st time ever. The beat Kentucky, my uncle in KY was devastated. I told him that was like us losing the to Jags lmao 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have a gut feeling it is Gonzaga's year finally. Arizona is great too. Villanova with Clooney could even win it all. St Peters is the story of the tourney so far though. They are in the Sweet 16 for the 1st time ever. The beat Kentucky, my uncle in KY was devastated. I told him that was like us losing the to Jags lmao 

Are you sure St. Peter's was not in the the Sweet Sixteen before? Is that the school in Philly? I recall them having a big year maybe about 15 years ago. I keep thinking their coach's name was Cardinelli or Martely or something like that.

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Are you sure St. Peter's was not in the the Sweet Sixteen before? Is that the school in Philly? I recall them having a big year maybe about 15 years ago. I keep thinking their coach's name was Cardinelli or Martely or something like that.

The St. Joes that I am talking about did not play today. Wikipedia says that in 2003 or so, they went undefeated. Martelli is the name I was thinking of. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The St. Joes that I am talking about did not play today. Wikipedia says that in 2003 or so, they went undefeated. Martelli is the name I was thinking of. 

Tom Hardy GIFsure

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Different school.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No but he has coached other college teams so he has been around a long time. Great story, that is why the tournament is must see.

He looks very young. I have not followed college BB in several years. When I last watched college basketball Bruce Pearl was in trouble at Tennessee, I think. Now he is back at a major school. He looks so much older. He is facing Jim Larrañaga who looks so much older. When I last watched college basketball that VCU coach that went to Texas was in his first or second year in Texas. Is he still there? (As I am writing the names are coming to me, Shaka Smart).

46 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

He looks very young. I have not followed college BB in several years. When I last watched college basketball Bruce Pearl was in trouble at Tennessee, I think. Now he is back at a major school. He looks so much older. He is facing Jim Larrañaga who looks so much older. When I last watched college basketball that VCU coach that went to Texas was in his first or second year in Texas. Is he still there? (As I am writing the names are coming to me, Shaka Smart).

Bruce Pearl is at Auburn, they are in the Sweet 16 if they beat Miami, that game is tonight. Michigan St up 5 over Duke 70-65.

Big Ten laid an egg again this year.  I think Michigan and Purdue are the only 2 (of 9) to make the sweet 16.   Maybe Purdue can make the final 4.  With Baylor and Kentucky out of the way, their path got easier.  

On 3/20/2022 at 5:46 PM, NFLfan said:

I seen that game, it was great. Duke willed their way to victory late and coach K's career continues. 

Other good games I watched, Gonzaga outlasted a tough Memphis team.....they both played fast. 

The Hurricanes advanced too.

Archived