Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College basketball 2021-22 thread

On 3/22/2022 at 1:04 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I seen that game, it was great. Duke willed their way to victory late and coach K's career continues. 

Other good games I watched, Gonzaga outlasted a tough Memphis team.....they both played fast. 

The Hurricanes advanced too.

Duke vs Texas Tech. should be fun to watch. Purdue should pull through, there is enough tape on St. Peters now for Matt Painter. 

Today I am pulling for:

Gonzaga over Arkansas - I typically root against the SEC

Michigan over Villanova - Go Big Ten

Texas Tech over Duke - I'd like to see Duke's season end.   Sick of hearing about their coach

Houston over Arizona - Beating the #1 seed would be cool 

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Today I am pulling for:

Texas Tech over Duke - I'd like to see Duke's season end.   Sick of hearing about their coach

I like Gonzaga.....they played fast vs Memphis.

21 hours ago, Myles said:

Today I am pulling for:

Well, that didn't go well for me.  

Tonight I am rooting for:

Purdue over St. Peters - Last chance for the Big Ten.

Providence over Kansas - Even though I have Kansas winning it all on my bracket

Not sure on the North Carolina vs UCLA game.  I dislike both teams.

Iowa State over Miami - Never cared for Miami

13 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Whelp, Ivey and his ridiculous turnovers cost Purdue tonight. Purdue played like trash and got what they deserved. Painter/broken record.

That was a good game. I never heard of St. Peter's but my niece said she lives a few blocks from their school. They are the first 15 seed to get this far, beating Kentucky too.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

That was a good game. I never heard of St. Peter's but my niece said she lives a few blocks from their school. They are the first 15 seed to get this far, beating Kentucky too.

Good game for St Peter maybe. Purdue blew it, they’re better then they showed tonight. Sickening.

On 3/26/2022 at 2:10 PM, HOZER said:

Ok I walked off the ledge….still unhappy with Ivey but it is what it is. Pretty good season, just wish the Boilers were a little more aggressive at times. 

Tough loss, I had Purdue going to the Final 4 in my bracket before it started. I had Purdue vs Duke, Kansas vs Villanova. I still have 3 alive. Clooney is dangerous over at Nova. College Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

My feeling was that Gonzaga may win it all finally but I had them losing in the Final 8 on my bracket, I guess I made the right call lmao, they actually lost a round before that. I had Duke taking them out.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Well Duke lost to North Carolina and ends coach K's fairy tale ending of retiring as the champs. 

So now people might ask what's coach K's legacy?

I will say his legacy is that he was one of the Best HC's that Duke has had in the last 20 years! :thinking:

I had Duke winning it all from the beginning, they were up 1 late last night but couldn't close. I think Kansas will beat NC.

There have been tons of college basketball players throughout history, my all-time starting 5 would be this:

PG - Pistol Pete Maravich 6'5 195

SG - Steve Alford 6'2 180

SF - David Thompson, he was an actual SG but I would put him here, he could handle it against other college teams at 6'4 200 because of his athletic ability.

PF - Christian Laettner 6'11 235

C  - Lew Alcindor (aka Kareem) 7'2 235

Coach - would be me for craps and giggles. 

-Remember I am just basing this on college career's. David Thompson would be my Captain (he won a Championship as well), he was like Jordan was when Jordan played in the Pro's. In college Pistol average'd 44 points a game lmao . Steve Alford was so deadly from 3 in 1987 that it was unreal, IU went on to win the Championship. Laettner won back to back titles with Duke and could give you 20 and 10 every game. Kareem is the greatest college player ever and unstoppable, he 3-Peated in college. All my phases are covered from great Big's, athleticism, and 3 pt Shooting.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There have been tons of college basketball players throughout history, my all-time starting 5 would be this:

PG - Pistol Pete Maravich 6'5 195

SG - Steve Alford 6'2 180

SF - David Thompson, he was an actual SG but I would put him here, he could handle it against other college teams at 6'4 200 because of his athletic ability.

PF - Christian Laettner 6'11 235

C  - Lew Alcindor (aka Kareem) 7'2 235

Coach - would be me for craps and giggles. 

-Remember I am just basing this on college career's. David Thompson would be my Captain (he won a Championship as well), he was like Jordan was when Jordan played in the Pro's. In college Pistol average'd 44 points a game lmao . Steve Alford was so deadly from 3 in 1987 that it was unreal, IU went on to win the Championship. Laettner won back to back titles with Duke and could give you 20 and 10 every game. Kareem is the greatest college player ever and unstoppable, he 3-Peated in college. All my phases are covered from great Big's, athleticism, and 3 pt Shooting.

The difference between College and Pro are amazing but the 1 constant is Kareem lmao :

A typical all-time starting 5 in the NBA would be:

PG - Magic 6'9 220

SG - Jordan 6'6 198

SF - LeBron 6'8 250

PF - I would put Larry Bird here because you need a stretch 3 point shooter who was also 6'9 225 and could rebound with the best of them + he passed like Magic lmao 

C  - Kareem 7'2 245 as a pro, he put on weight as a pro player

• 1 month later...

Archived