Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Vikes postgame thoughts....

EastStreet

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

It's hard to take anything you say serious about comparing quarterbacks these days because of how blatantly biased it is, which is unfortunate because usually you had good posts.

I was staring facts from what Reich just said with the media a little bit ago. Those are critical things they use to evaluate them.

Just now, CR91 said:

6 1 is being generous. He's closer to 6 foot which is still too small and he doesn't have Kyler's or Russ's arm talent to make it a non-factor

I mean he's also bigger than Drew Brees (granted he's retired now) and same size as Baker Mayfield. I won't argue the arm strength like I said but let's be realistic he does have the size, people are just seeing what they want to 

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Sure. You can learn to throw far with touch. Doesn't mean you can drive it and make difficult throws in small windows.

I don't know how accurate the statement was but I believe someone said Sams velocity was tested higher than Carsons when they both came out of college. That said, I can agree Jacob has next level zip on his ball. One could argue too much zip. If he learns to harness it that would be great but there's much more to playing QB then throwing hard. Which is why he struggles at times.

Just now, life long said:

I don't know how accurate the statement was but I believe someone said Sams velocity was tested higher than Carsons when the both came out of college. That said I can agree Jacob has next level zip on his ball. One could argue too much zip. If he learns to harness it that would be great but there's much more to playing QB then throwing hard. Which is why he struggles at times.

The Eason zip and the fact he hasn’t been able to control it can be a negative

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I mean he's also bigger than Drew Brees (granted he's retired now) and same size as Baker Mayfield. I won't argue the arm strength like I said but let's be realistic he does have the size, people are just seeing what they want to 

Yes, you certainly seem to fall in to that group ;)

5 minutes ago, life long said:

I don't know how accurate the statement was but I believe someone said Sams velocity was tested higher than Carsons when they both came out of college. That said, I can agree Jacob has next level zip on his ball. One could argue too much zip. If he learns to harness it that would be great but there's much more to playing QB then throwing hard. Which is why he struggles at times.

Eason does need to learn to hold back.

5 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Again your missing the point. Size becomes a factor when you can't make throws. Guys like Brees and Russ can make that a non-factor because of their arm talent. You can't just be smart. You need to be able to make throws.

Just now, CR91 said:

Again your missing the point. Size becomes a factor when you can't make throws. Guys like Brees and Russ can make that a non-factor because of their arm talent. You can't just be smart. You need to be able to make throws.

Peyton and Drew Brees were knocked for their arm strength. They adapted with timing and anticipation.  Also being meticulous in their knowledge of the game and opponents. They made NFL throws through that not arm talent.

One thing I had not seen mentioned was the Qbs checking at the line yesterday. Saw Sam audible to the run a time or two, and Eason change a protection it appeared. More motion was also utilized. I was pleased with both attempting to show more command at the line of scrimmage. 

4 minutes ago, life long said:

Peyton and Drew Brees were knocked for their arm strength. They adapted with timing and anticipation.  Also being meticulous in their knowledge of the game and opponents. They made NFL throws through that not arm talent.

Pretty sure Peyton had a commercial about his laser rocket arm.

1 hour ago, Douzer said:

On my TV:

Offense:

• Davenport LT (B+) outplayed Holden & Tevi.
  • Holden was mediocre at RT (B-) & LG (C+), poor at LT (C-). So poor, they put Davenport back in for the 4th.
  • Tevi was very poor at RT (D+).
  • Fries was pretty solid at RG (B-), solid run blocking (B+).
  • Hunt was pretty solid at center (B)
  • Reed was OK at LG (B-).
  • Ehlingers' 2nd INT was on Dulin, who didn't know he was targeted until the ball went by his facemask.
  • Granson did a pretty solid job run blocking. Too bad, nothing thrown his way was actually on target or catch-able.
  • Eason to Patmon! A bunch of times now. Patmon, like Pascal, just gets open and makes plays.
  • Wilkins is still quietly solid as heck.

Defense:

• Paye, Banogu, AQM & Rochell all put heat on the edges!
  • Matt Adams has discovered his speed and can now defend passes, 2 games in a row? Nice!
  • Chris Williams (DT), only played a few snaps at the end, but he made them count.
  • The back end of the Colts D was a little shaky at times, but the Vikes did not exploit those mishaps.

The one to Dulin was Ehlinger leaving a man high and dry to be blasted had he caught it. The one Campbell let go through his hands was less Ehlingers fault than the threw your reffered.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Ever heard of satire?? He famously would throw ducks for completions saying well it got there but definitely wasn't pretty.

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Did you think the mustache in his commercial was real too?

2 minutes ago, life long said:

Ever heard of satire?? He famously would throw ducks for completions saying well it got there but definitely wasn't pretty.

Did you think the mustache in his commercial was real too?

So his long bombs to Marv were what? Peyton was mostly throwing ducks after his neck surgery.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

So his long bombs to Marv were what? Peyton was mostly throwing ducks after his neck surgery.

Do you honestly believe Sam can't float one 55 yes downfield? He has a video if you don't believe it... You just moments ago had went on about the difference between how far you can throw vs how quickly it gets there...

5 minutes ago, life long said:

Do you honestly believe Sam can't float one 55 yes downfield? He has a video if you don't believe it... You just moments ago had went on about the difference between how far you can throw vs how quickly it gets there...

I've seen plenty of times Peyton drove balls. 

21 minutes ago, life long said:

Peyton is 6'5

9 minutes ago, life long said:

Floating a 55 yarder in the NFL  is a safties dream

18 hours ago, EastStreet said:

some good, too much bad.

• SE struggled. 3 INTs in 3ish Qs is not that good.
  • JE struggled, but settled in.
  • Seemed we tried a lot of pass catchers out (very heavy rotation). That might have impacted rhythm for the QBs. 
  • DL played well, but we should have expected that given MN's OL. Still, nice to see some guys getting home. 
  • DBs didn't impress me, but I though Chachere and RYS had good games.
  • Kaufusi looks like he wasn't Glasgow's ST spot. 
  • Running game didn't impress. 
  • OL didn't give up a sack IIRC, but the QBs had pressure a lot.
  • Patmon and Pascal had nice games.
  • Granson was 0-4. Some where his fault, but he's struggling.

Can you keep these threads going after each game this season? 

I’ll be so glad to have Wentz back so he can get the focus at QB. Plain and simple Eason is an nfl QB he just needs to be coached. Sam has all the heart and effort In the world but he just isn’t going to be able to compete against starting nfl defenses consistently. With the right coaching and effort Eason has all the tools to become a serviceable nfl starter. Which could make for a good backup for us or even net us a good draft pick in return for him. 

Archived