Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Vikes postgame thoughts....

EastStreet

28 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Your point being what exactly? All I said was Ehlinger made two throws against scrubs. Last I checked, Ehlinger has three picks to Eason's zero. If you wanna put that in perspective, that's three picks in one full game of football.

Eason still has 2 turnovers (1 fumble and 1 on downs plus more sacks).  People were saying Sam only played well because of who his competitors were. Yet Jacob didn't light up the 4th quarter... YOU said he was essentially playing against Walmart workers, so why didn't Eason light them up accordingly?

My point however was that you acted as if you didn't say something you clearly did. If you have trouble admitting you were wrong, so be it.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, life long said:

Eason still has 2 turnovers (1 fumble and 1 on downs plus more sacks).  People were saying Sam only played well because of who his competitors were. Yet Jacob didn't light up the 4th quarter... YOU said he was essentially playing against Walmart workers, so why didn't Eason light them up accordingly?

My point however was that you acted as if you didn't say something you clearly did. If you have trouble admitting you were wrong, so be it.

Your blaming the LT missing the block and TE with the wrong blocking assignment on Eason? The whole offense was terrible the entire game. Sam was terrible for 90 percent of the Panthers game, but we forget that because of two throws.

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Your blaming the LT missing the block and TE with the wrong blocking assignment on Eason? The whole offense was terrible the entire game. Sam was terrible for 90 percent of the Panthers game, but we forget that because of two throws.

Whats your point? Did you say the guys he was playing against were Walmart workers or didn't you? That is the only thing that you contended...

2 minutes ago, life long said:

Whats your point? Did you say the guys he was playing against were Walmart workers or didn't you? That is the only thing that you contended...

Yea and I'm also saying the entire offense was terrible for the entire game. Guess what, the Vikings offense was terrible for the entire game too.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Yea and I'm also saying the entire offense was terrible for the entire game. Guess what, the Vikings offense was terrible for the entire game too.

Lol ok I'm not disagreeing with you. Yes the offenses didn’t score any Tds or look sharp. You may had missed my earlier comments but I had asked if Sam only looked good against bad competition then why didn't Eason. I had merely mentioned you because you referred to players in the panther game as Walmart workers. Then proceeded to act as if you hadn't said such a statement.  Either way I doubt we really disagree about much; when it comes to the offensive play from yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, life long said:

To be fair, Reich did not call very many good plays for Eason the first three drives when he came in before half. The Vikings were playing tight man to man or cover 2. Eason was trying to throw quick darts to the TE/RB's for 3 yards & they were getting LIT up right after the catch. 

If Eason didn't have the velocity he has, those 3-4 yard passes would never have been possible.

Obviously, he didn't play well overall. But, he had 5-6 NFL starting QB throws. Ehlinger has ZERO last night. 

2 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

To be fair, Reich did not call very many good plays for Eason the first three drives when he came in before half. The Vikings were playing tight man to man or cover 2. Eason was trying to throw quick darts to the TE/RB's for 3 yards & they were getting LIT up right after the catch. 

If Eason didn't have the velocity he has, those 3-4 yard passes would never have been possible.

Obviously, he didn't play well overall. But, he had 5-6 NFL starting QB throws. Ehlinger has ZERO last night. 

No disagreements here. I dont think we did either QB many favors yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, life long said:

Lol ok I'm not disagreeing with you. Yes the offenses didn’t score any Tds or look sharp. You may had missed my earlier comments but I had asked if Sam only looked good against bad competition then why didn't Eason. I had merely mentioned you because you referred to players in the panther game as Walmart workers. Then proceeded to act as if you hadn't said such a statement.  Either way I doubt we really disagree about much; when it comes to the offensive play from yesterday. 

And I'm telling you the entire offense was out of sync. It's not always on the QB, but you want to sit there and act like Ehlinger is a hero for making two throws instead of looking at the entirely of his game.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

And I'm telling you the entire offense was out of sync. It's not always on the QB, but you want to sit there and act like Ehlinger is a hero for making two throws instead of looking at the entirely of his game.

Lol pretty sure he made more than 2 throws but either way I'm not talking about why Ehlinger got praise at the end of that game. I'm asking why didn't Eason light up those Walmart employees? And yes I can admit Sam didn't look good yesterday, but when the competition level fell, why didn't Eason look great against 3s and 4s?

3 minutes ago, life long said:

Lol pretty sure he made more than 2 throws but either way I'm not talking about why Ehlinger got praise at the end of that game. I'm asking why didn't Eason light up those Walmart employees? And yes I can admit Sam didn't look good yesterday, but when the competition level fell, why didn't Eason look great against 3s and 4s?

Eason was fine once Reich started playing to his strengths.

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

Well the only thing with this statement is the fact that you dont gameplan much if at all in the preseason. It isnt about making your team play well its about evaluation. In order to evaluate both guys you have to put them both in. Idk what makes you think the Colts EVER game plan in the preseason. 

And when you basically have 2 rookies "battling" it our for back up then you do approach it exactly as they have. Why would you change the way you evaluate a players ability just because of him being a QB? What would you like them to have changed in the PRESEASON??

do you want them to pick a backup QB before they evaluate him? Seems like a recipe for disaster. 

Regarding the game plan, you might not do it like you would in the regular season but you should adjust your plays based on the QB especially given how different these two are. 

Progress and consistently is more likely to come if you treat one of them as the 1st QB and the other as the 2nd. (until Wentz returns of course) Communication and chemistry with the other guys on offense is vital for the QB and I simply think that comes easier if you settle in with one of them at 1 and 2. 

I'm not talking about picking a QB before they evaluate him. Idk what makes you even suggest that. They have had how many weeks now to evaluate them? It's the most important position on the team and if the Colts are not comfortable with one over the other at this point in the preseason then I sure hope they are working to bring someone else in.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Eason was fine once Reich started playing to his strengths.

Not fine enough to get in the endzone. Figured against non starters he would've got the team in the endzone once. If we want to win games he will need to show more.

8 minutes ago, life long said:

What in the ENTIRE offense was out of sync are you missing? Why didn't LeMay run for 100 yards in the fourth?

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

What in the ENTIRE offense was out of sync are you missing? Why didn't LeMay run for 100 yards in the fourth?

Well your not using that as an excuse for Sam... one int was tipped at the line the other the defense hit the wr before the ball arrived. I'm not using that as an excuse for Sam yet you don't see your own hypocrisy. 

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Some poster talked up Sam saying "clutch" gene is Brady like.

Lol ok then. Thats ridiculous. I'm more in the camp if we could combine their skillset we would have a solid QB. To me they both aren't starter material.... yet, maybe ever. Who knows. That said people on the internet love to make crazy comparisons.... like a nfl practice squad player to a Walmart employee....

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

So whichever guy plays well in practice this week will start Friday. If Sam gets the starters again I am going to be mad. 

Omg

Why would you be mad?  I think Frank has a pretty good grasp on what he is doing

7 minutes ago, life long said:

Lol ok then. Thats ridiculous. I'm more in the camp if we could combine their skillset we would have a solid QB. To me they both aren't starter material.... yet, maybe ever. Who knows. That said people on the internet love to make crazy comparisons.... like a nfl practice squad player to a Walmart employee....

You do realize almost no one playing in the fourth quarter of a preseason makes an active roster. Practice Squad fine, but if it was the regular 10 instead of 16 that is making it a lot less likely.

Archived