Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts rookies and the trajectory of the team

:rock: It’s a good time to be a Colts fan. We’ve all had some disappointments (and some exciting moments), since Peyton left. But I’m so glad that I’m a Colts fan! The future is looking bright! 

• Like 9
26 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

:rock: It’s a good time to be a Colts fan. We’ve all had some disappointments (and some exciting moments), since Peyton left. But I’m so glad that I’m a Colts fan! The future is looking bright! 

Agreed!

The rookies are all articulate intelligent fellows... hopefully they are all in on playing

We have a tough schedule, 

Tough games

Seahawks, Buffalo, Rams, Ravens, Miami, Bucs, Titans twice

I say we split these games 4 - 4

Medium Games

Cards, Pats, Raiders

I say we win 2 of 3

Games we SHOULD win

Jets

2 Houston

2 Jags

5 Games win

Record for this year

11-6

Good times!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Agreed!

The rookies are all articulate intelligent fellows... hopefully they are all in on playing

Tough games

Medium Games

Cards, Pats, Raiders

I say we win 2 of 3

Games we SHOULD win

Jets

2 Houston

2 Jags

5 Games win

Record for this year

11-6

Good times!

Our first 8 games is a very brutal stretch. If we come out of that 4-4, I will be thrilled. 

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Agreed!

Tough games

Medium Games

Cards, Pats, Raiders

I say we win 2 of 3

Games we SHOULD win

Jets

2 Houston

2 Jags

5 Games win

Record for this year

11-6

Good times!

Ok...    good post, but the math seems a little off off...

You have a group of 8 games.    4 wins. 

You have a group of 3 games.     2 wins. 

You have a group of 5 games.     5 wins. 

That’s 16 games,   and you give us an 11-6 record.    I assume the Bucs games is the missing one and it’s a loss too for the 6 defeats.   I also assume that would be in the tough games class and we’d 4-5 in that group?  Just asking...

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That’s 16 games,   and you give us an 11-6 record.    I assume the Bucs games is the missing one and it’s a loss too for the 6 defeats.   I also assume that would be in the tough games class and we’d 4-5 in that group?  Just asking...

I believe they’re missing the 49ers.

12 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I believe they’re missing the 49ers.

Yes, thanks.  

Great, I make a comment and it turns out I got part of my own comment wrong!    

DOH!!         :facepalm:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Agreed!

Tough games

Medium Games

Cards, Pats, Raiders

I say we win 2 of 3

Games we SHOULD win

Jets

2 Houston

2 Jags

5 Games win

Record for this year

11-6

Good times!

Seahawks have a brutal defense. Should b able to run on them. Is Allan going to have a little regression from last year? Is Stafford going to be a difference maker? League starting to figure out Lamar? Tua sucks and I expect them to finish last in their division. Titans will be tough and should split. Bucs will b tough as they have a strong run D. It will b on Wentz to win that one. Not really a hard schedule when u break it down.  Every schedule looks tough but a lot happens in the NFL to even things out.

• Confused 1
9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I missed the 49ers game 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes, thanks.  

Great, I make a comment and it turns out I got part of my own comment wrong!    

DOH!!         :facepalm:

I had to look at the schedule twice to figure out what was missing haha you're good NCF!

9 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Seahawks have a brutal defense. Should b able to run on them. Is Allan going to have a little regression from last year? Is Stafford going to be a difference maker? League starting to figure out Lamar? Tua sucks and I expect them to finish last in their division. Titans will be tough and should split. Bucs will b tough as they have a strong run D. It will b on Wentz to win that one. Not really a hard schedule when u break it down.  Every schedule looks tough but a lot happens in the NFL to even things out.

I think it is a tough schedule any way you look at it.  

The point of this thread, was more about the future in general in terms of the equality of the young men being added. There are several places that predictions of the record and the schedule are being discussed. 

I agree with the OP....Ballard is assembling special young men to the great franchise, the Colts. High on effort, talent, and intelligence, with old school humility. Future is bright indeed. 

• Thanks 1

Well, I don't want anyone to change their mind, but I don't know how you could peg the future as anything other than a question mark right now. 

14 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Agreed!

Tough games

Medium Games

Cards, Pats, Raiders

I say we win 2 of 3

Games we SHOULD win

Jets

2 Houston

2 Jags

5 Games win

Record for this year

11-6

Good times!

I keep seeing the colts listed as having a bottom third schedule in SOS rankings for the whole league.... Why is there such a disparity, almost every fan I've seen lauds our amazingly difficult schedule, but I have seen the colts around 20-25 toughest schedule in several ranking articles....

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I keep seeing the colts listed as having a bottom third schedule in SOS rankings for the whole league.... Why is there such a disparity, almost every fan I've seen lauds our amazingly difficult schedule, but I have seen the colts around 20-25 toughest schedule in several ranking articles....

Only part of our schedule that is consider easier is based on Jags and Texans (4 games) and the Jets. As such that knock our SoS. But if you look at the majority of our schedule most of the teams we are to face are 10 win teams last year, or expected to be in contention for Playoff (Raiders, Cards, 49ers). That is pretty much why