Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antwaun Woods visiting

MarquisJ

14 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

That will eventually be Dayo. But until he is healthy yeah we need someone. 

When he comes back and is working himself into shape and a roster spot, sure.  Going forward though, I doubt Buckner's backup is what they were envisioning in rd. 2

47 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I saw on Indy star article Lewis will be starting left defensive edge and paye the right . Looks they colts need a new backup to Buckner 

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

That will eventually be Dayo. But until he is healthy yeah we need someone. 

Dayo will be the LDE (Jabaal Sheard/Denico Autry) in base defense and Paye will be the RDE (Houston) in base. 

If Woods is signed he is in competition behind Grover Stewart as a NT with Stallworth, Brown and Williams. 

Windsor and Cline are in competition to be the UT depth behind Buckner with Dayo and Lewis capable of sliding inside on passing downs.

10 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Dayo will be the LDE (Jabaal Sheard/Denico Autry) in base defense and Paye will be the RDE (Houston) in base. 

If Woods is signed he is in competition behind Grover Stewart as a NT with Stallworth, Brown and Williams. 

Windsor and Cline are in competition to be the UT depth behind Buckner with Dayo and Lewis capable of sliding inside on passing downs.

From everything that was said after he was drafted he will play role similiar to Autry. He can play anywhere on the line. With his length he will be able to play that 3 tech also if Buckner is injured.

14 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

When he comes back and is working himself into shape and a roster spot, sure.  Going forward though, I doubt Buckner's backup is what they were envisioning in rd. 2

Not his backup as sitting on the bench and not playing. But like Autry he will play all over but he can also play 3 tech if Buckner gets injured. 

56 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Sorry but you left out Isaac Rochel. I believe he is a 1-2nd down DE with 3rd down UT expectations that Ballard brought in.

31 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Sorry but you left out Isaac Rochel. I believe he is a 1-2nd down DE with 3rd down UT expectations that Ballard brought in.

I did forget about him.......oops! Here's hoping he makes some plays and makes him worth remembering and not another Sheldon Day homecoming tour.....

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

We need someone to backup Stewart.

Right now the person to backup Stewart I think is Stallworth.   I read good things about him last year and we brought him back.   I suppose it doesn’t hurt to have more competition.....

Woods was solid but unspectacular here in 2017-2018. He did start 1.5 seasons for us before taking a back seat to Stewart. 

when he moved on, it was widely panned as it being since the colts were going more 4-3 and away from 3-4 and also that we wanted to see what we had in Grover, which clearly worked out well

for Ballard to show interest in a 34 year old reserve is fairly rare. 

but right now we have probably one of the youngest DLs in the league with Buckner and Grover being the eldest at 27. 

woods could provide a veteran presence and some backup snaps at NT.

It could also be Ballard doing a solid in giving a visit to an old respected vet that played some solid ball for us a few years back. 

6 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

Woods was solid but unspectacular here in 2017-2018. He did start 1.5 seasons for us before taking a back seat to Stewart. 

when he moved on, it was widely panned as it being since the colts were going more 4-3 and away from 3-4 and also that we wanted to see what we had in Grover, which clearly worked out well

but right now we have probably one of the youngest DLs in the league with Buckner and Grover being the eldest at 27. 

It could also be Ballard doing a solid in giving a visit to an old respected vet that played some solid ball for us a few years back. 

I think you are confusing Al Woods with Antauwn Woods. 

Nobody got excited when Ballard brought in Autry, or either of our CBs really.  Some were calling Rhodes a liability.  He’s got production and value from a number of “cast-offs”now.  I wont discount anyone.  Sometimes those “round” cast-offs were being forced into “square” positions, if you know what i mean.

2 hours ago, TomDiggs said:

Different Woods. That was Al Woods who plsyed for us in the 3-4 days.

6 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Different Woods. That was Al Woods who plsyed for us in the 3-4 days.

Agreed. I noticed my mistake earlier. I knew it was Al Woods. I did not pay close enough attention to the fact it was Antwaun coming in for a visit and mistook the visit for actually being Al lol

Shoulda known better w the age and fit question marks lol 

9 hours ago, TomDiggs said:

Agreed. I noticed my mistake earlier. I knew it was Al Woods. I did not pay close enough attention to the fact it was Antwaun coming in for a visit and mistook the visit for actually being Al lol

Shoulda known better w the age and fit question marks lol 

I didn't see the other two posters correct you either, sorry for the triple tap! Lol

Archived