Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

These are the kinds of dumb posts you get over at Youtube. I was reading the gameday thread of Cubs and Reds. Cubs fans were enjoying the moment with their posts and a Reds fan said we are in 2nd place and you guys haven't done anything since 2016. I about fell out of my chair here at work. "Haven't done anything since 2016", that is comical. By that logic the Reds haven't done anything since 1990. Cards haven't even won a WS since 2011. The Cubs just won the Division last year. Reds are 1.5 games ahead of the Cubs and we are in sell mode lmao, it isn't like the Reds are 10 games ahead. By the way I like the Reds but some fans in general ruin it. Some people are so jealous over the Cubs being great over the last 6 years that it is comical. Brewers fans can put a zipper on it period until they win a WS, until then they are irrelevant to any kind of greatness discussion. I just ignore their hate because it isn't worth my time, they are the worst haha . 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs beat the Reds 6-5 but at this point it is tough to get excited about any win since the narrative by everyone at ESPN and Fox are just saying sell, sell, sell Cubbies. That is the only team they are doing that with that much chatter. Cubs are 50-51 just a half game behind the 50-50 Cards, the Reds are now 51-49 - those teams are basically even. However for some reason, Hoyer is in sell mode and the media keeps pushing for KB to be traded?? An article today on ESPN, says KB to the Mets? That was their starting point. If we trade KB that will be the dumbest thing we have done in years. How about Goldschmidt to the Yankees? lmao - you will never hear that because the media loves the Cards. Nah lets just break up the 2nd best team over the last 6 years because the media says so (Only LA has been better). Hoyer is puzzling to me right now. He is turning into Jerry Jones as the days go by.

I think you just notice things more because you are a Cubs fan.    I think the media is always pretty positive on the Cubs.   Sure there will always be a * here and there.   Don't let it get to you.   If the media pushes the Cubs GM to trade players, he is not a good GM.   You may see more about Bryant than any Cards player because he is younger and better.   That's probably why you do not want to see him traded.  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I think you just notice things more because you are a Cubs fan.    I think the media is always pretty positive on the Cubs.   Sure there will always be a * here and there.   Don't let it get to you.   If the media pushes the Cubs GM to trade players, he is not a good GM.   You may see more about Bryant than any Cards player because he is younger and better.   That's probably why you do not want to see him traded.  

I mean with regards to the media, it is more the announcers for ESPN and Fox that do it in a dumb way,

In other news, BOS is looking at Rizzo, Rays are looking at KB.

Chafin after Ross told him he was getting traded, "I have one bad outing and you trade me"haha (after his 25ip no run streak was snapped)

Javy wont be traded, (injury and all). The stupidest two proposed Trade deals I saw this year, Rizzo to the Brewers and Javy to the Reds. Neither would ever happen. Also, Javy cannot be on the same team as Garrett they would be fighting everyday. I am certain Javy will get hit next time he faces him.

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Well in some bad news, Nico got hurt and we are down to our third SS. In fun news, our third SS is Kris Bryant. He has now played, 1B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF this season 

I am not sure anyone has ever played 6 different positions in 1 season. Crazy great stuff! We are about to lose but nobody is catching the Brewers in the division anyway. Cards lost again today. Brewers are just beating up on the hapless Pirates in their series. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure anyone has ever played 6 different positions in 1 season. Crazy great stuff! We are about to lose but nobody is catching the Brewers in the division anyway. Cards lost again today. Brewers are just beating up on the hapless Pirates in their series. 

I believe Kris did a few years ago. And someone has played all 9, but that was gimmick (Andrew Romine, he's in Cubs AAA now). But no MVP capable, player ever done

The trading frenzy is well underway with a few deals done yesterday and more this morning.  Nothing involving the Cubs, Mets or Cardinals in the past 24 hours.  Just over 24 hours before the deadline, so I'm sure many more are coming.

Nationals are selling, Brewers adding more ammo, White Sox, Blue Jays, Yankees and A's have deals.  Meanwhile, the hottest team in baseball other than the Brewers is the Tigers!

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Huge fan of Rizzo, this just sucks. Don’t think it’s  over either.

Rizzo getting traded is a shocker, I didn't see that coming. He was a huge part of our 2016 Championship team. Right now the only team I see interested in KB are the Mets. Hoyer may be asking a lot for KB is why, and he should be. I hope KB doesn't get traded. I am 99% certain Baez isn't going anywhere, can never be 100% certain lol.

On 7/27/2021 at 3:17 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

These are the kinds of dumb posts you get over at Youtube. I was reading the gameday thread of Cubs and Reds. Cubs fans were enjoying the moment with their posts and a Reds fan said we are in 2nd place and you guys haven't done anything since 2016. I about fell out of my chair here at work. "Haven't done anything since 2016", that is comical. By that logic the Reds haven't done anything since 1990. Cards haven't even won a WS since 2011. The Cubs just won the Division last year. Reds are 1.5 games ahead of the Cubs and we are in sell mode lmao, it isn't like the Reds are 10 games ahead. By the way I like the Reds but some fans in general ruin it. Some people are so jealous over the Cubs being great over the last 6 years that it is comical. Brewers fans can put a zipper on it period until they win a WS, until then they are irrelevant to any kind of greatness discussion. I just ignore their hate because it isn't worth my time, they are the worst haha . 

Good lord, whoever that person is, they don’t sound like a typical Reds fan. We’ve been trash since I was 2 (1990), and have no right to smack talk anyone. 

That * is obviously a troll and a loser. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

Good lord, whoever that person is, they don’t sound like a typical Reds fan. We’ve been trash since I was 2 (1990), and have no right to smack talk anyone. 

That * is obviously a troll and a loser. 

There are a lot of them that post on youtube game threads. There are Cubs trolls too so we are not innocent lmao . Brewers fans are the worse by a mile though. ESPN was the same way when they allowed posting. ESPN doesn't allow posting anymore and my guess is, it is because way too much trolling. Looks like the Reds beat the Cubs 3 out of 4. Congrats on the series win. Cubs are pretty much done for this season, Reds still have a slim chance to catch the Brewers but I don't see it. Looks like the stinkin Brewers will win the Central.

3 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

The biggest shocker, Rizzo was traded to the Yankees!:Cry:

I’m still shocked… he was the glue to that team. Got the final out for the WS win, and meant so much to the city. 

They should’ve traded away friggin’ David Ross and have someone else manage. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There are a lot of them that post on youtube game threads. There are Cubs trolls too so we are not innocent lmao . Brewers fans are the worse by a mile though. ESPN was the same way when they allowed posting. ESPN doesn't allow posting anymore and my guess is, it is because way too much trolling. Looks like the Reds beat the Cubs 3 out of 4. Congrats on the series win. Cubs are pretty much done for this season, Reds still have a slim chance to catch the Brewers but I don't see it. Looks like the stinkin Brewers will win the Central.

For sure. The Brewers are too far out of reach at this point. The only chance (less than 1%) is for the Padres to just completely collapse.  Not gonna happen…

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I’m still shocked… he was the glue to that team. Got the final out for the WS win, and meant so much to the city. 

They should’ve traded away friggin’ David Ross and have someone else manage. 

Yeah, although KB is our best player, Rizzo was our leader. KB isn't vocal like Rizzo is. KB just plays and lets his talent do the talking. Baez IMO is pretty vocal at times, he leads sort of like Rizzo.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

For sure. The Brewers are too far out of reach at this point. The only chance (less than 1%) is for the Padres to just completely collapse.  Not gonna happen…

Yeah I was hoping the Brewers would collapse haha . I don't see it happening nor do I see the Padres collapsing either. Reds are having a pretty good year regardless. They are fun to watch at least.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rizzo getting traded is a shocker, I didn't see that coming. He was a huge part of our 2016 Championship team. Right now the only team I see interested in KB are the Mets. Hoyer may be asking a lot for KB is why, and he should be. I hope KB doesn't get traded. I am 99% certain Baez isn't going anywhere, can never be 100% certain lol.

Giants, Ray, Dodgers were but not now after getting turner. Kimbrel is our next big trade and then KB. 

Rizzo seemed different this year though, just like her knew it was the end for him. Just kinda the way he seemed. I am still shock.

Kyle Schwarber was traded from Nationals to Boston 

I don't think Ross is a bad manager, he has been actually above average for the most part, nothing special but better than average. Maddon was great his 1st 4 years (2015-2018) but wore out his welcome and became stale in 2019. So the Cubs were put in a tough position before 2020 deciding who to hire. Ross was refreshing to the team in 2020 (the players loved him) and we won the division but we look like we are playing like 2019 again. Ever since the talk started about selling we haven't really looked right either. The team seemed not to have  much chemistry after that.

4 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Giants, Ray, Dodgers were but not now after getting turner. Kimbrel is our next big trade and then KB. 

Rizzo seemed different this year though, just like her knew it was the end for him. Just kinda the way he seemed. I am still shock.

Kyle Schwarber was traded from Nationals to Boston 

As of now I only see the Mets interested in KB and the deadline is tomorrow so he may not get traded.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

The Nationals are all in on rebuilding.    I haven't seen all they got in return, but I assume they now have a stocked minor league.  

From what I saw, the top two players in the dodgers system (once trade is official, there some weird stuff going on there) are going to the Nats, which would really shoot them up the rankings. 

In fun news, this weekend's Cubs/Nats games will be the battle of the sell-offs

14 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And now, Trea Turner and Max Scherzer are going to the Dodgers, for a big prospect package

This pisses me off!  Why is it the Dodgers do this every year?  What's the point of a salary cap with a luxury tax if a team is allowed to go over the cap and pay the tax?  What's the point in a cap?  There's 2-3 teams with the money to pay whatever luxury tax is imposed AND they get all the players they want, despite the cost of the player.

MLB has to do something about this.

4 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

This pisses me off!  Why is it the Dodgers do this every year?  What's the point of a salary cap with a luxury tax if a team is allowed to go over the cap and pay the tax?  What's the point in a cap?  There's 2-3 teams with the money to pay whatever luxury tax is imposed AND they get all the players they want, despite the cost of the player.

The Dodgers are in a big market.   MLB will let them be.  

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

It isnt a salary cap, (some teams use it as an excuse but it is not) And it is the reason you guys get revenue sharing from the Cubs, Yankees, Dodgers etc. Same reason you guys get competitive balance picks. The MLB is setup to have the big market teams spend a lot while smaller market get the use of special things. 

8 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Kimbrel off to the Dodgers, and the biggest shocker I did not expect, Javy Baez off to the Mets @NFLfan. The Cubs only remaining infielder is KB. That I would never have expected

Wow, Cubs have cleaned house as have the Nationals.  The NL West will be interesting to watch with the Dodgers and Padres making moves to try and catch the Giants.

Jays and Yankees making moves, as well as the Rays to catch the Red Sox.  Looks like the White Sox and Astros have their divisions wrapped up.  White Sox still made moves to improve.  Twins also in big selling mode.

10 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Wow, Cubs have cleaned house as have the Nationals.  The NL West will be interesting to watch with the Dodgers and Padres making moves to try and catch the Giants.

Jays and Yankees making moves, as well as the Rays to catch the Red Sox.  Looks like the White Sox and Astros have their divisions wrapped up.  White Sox still made moves to improve.  Twins also in big selling mode.

Mets also got Trevor Williams in Deal. This is really hard time to be a Cubs fan, even our crappy years it wasnt like this

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Mets also got Trevor Williams in Deal. This is really hard time to be a Cubs fan, even our crappy years it wasnt like this

Will be interesting to see the evaluation on the players they got in return for all these deals.  I would be very disappointed if I were a Cubs fan and seeing them disassemble like this in just a couple of days.

Just now, Barry Sears said:

Will be interesting to see the evaluation on the players they got in return for all these deals.  I would be very disappointed if I were a Cubs fan and seeing them disassemble like this in just a couple of days.

I am incredibly. We got their Number 5 Prospect, an outfielder, is all ik

Archived