Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

8 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@2006Coltsbestever there is the singles inning. Scored 3 runs on singles. 2 hardest hit balls of inning were both outs

At the moment we are up 3-0 but it is real early. I just hope we win to end this dreaded losing streak. With a win that pulls us even with the Cards at 43-44 just 1 game below .500. It is amazing us and the Cards may have the same record, even by nights end we could be back in 3rd place and we haven't won a game in 2 weeks. They play at the Giants late tonight.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope the Mets Game 1 99-0 and Game 2 100-0 Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

The Mets won the early game but are losing the 2nd one 5-0. 

Update: Brewers won 5-0.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

At the moment we are up 3-0 but it is real early. I just hope we win to end this dreaded losing streak. With a win that pulls us even with the Cards at 43-44 just 1 game below .500. It is amazing us and the Cards may have the same record, even by nights end we could be back in 3rd place and we haven't won a game in 2 weeks. They play at the Giants late tonight.

But the lead has come at a cost. KB is out with right hamstring tightness. And with our luck, he is now out until August. THat is just our luck

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets won the early game but are losing the 2nd one 5-0. 

Update: Brewers won 5-0.

:Cry:

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

But the lead has come at a cost. KB is out with right hamstring tightness. And with our luck, he is now out until August. THat is just our luck

:Cry:

Thanks for the update, I am at work and didn't see the injury. Figures as that is how the year is going, all I can do is laugh at this point lmao . Cubs are still up 5-3 in the 6th.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks for the update, I am at work and didn't see the injury. Figures as that is how the year is going, all I can do is laugh at this point lmao . Cubs are still up 5-3 in the 6th.

It really is such an issue. These hamstrings. The Cubs score 3 in the 6th, and and now up 8-3. But were still the Cubs so we could still lose. 

It is funny the last time I did work at night while watching the game at home of course since I can do in office or home, was the No-Hitter, I havent done since

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I seen where Jake got put on the 10 day IL. Up 8-3 now, see singles and doubles tonight are getting it done. Swinging for the fences all the time is a bad habit for some players they fall into.

Nico would be an example, same would Heyward, Happ is an example as a guy it makes sense to

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

It really is such an issue. These hamstrings. The Cubs score 3 in the 6th, and and now up 8-3. But were still the Cubs so we could still lose. 

It is funny the last time I did work at night while watching the game at home of course since I can do in office or home, was the No-Hitter, I havent done since

Should I do the ol' Turn out the Lights the Party is Over haha . The Cubs have never lost when I broke that one out. I usually only break it out when we are up by 5 or more runs going to the 7th.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Should I do the ol' Turn out the Lights the Party is Over haha . The Cubs have never lost when I broke that one out. I usually only break it out when we are up by 5 or more runs going to the 7th.

It is 5 runs but, we are still the Cubs and our luck has been bad in general

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfan, Mets deGrom to skip all-star game per ESPN.

In other news Giants are up on the Cards 2-1 in the 4th.

Honestly, if he had pitched, I would've thought he was dumb as he has multiple injuries, even minor, this year that it is not worth to pitch in a meaningless game when your team is in first place

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Honestly, if he had pitched, I would've thought he was dumb as he has multiple injuries, even minor, this year that it is not worth to pitch in a meaningless game when your team is in first place

I agree, they need to stay healthy as they are leading the NL East.

• Like 2

Cubs win finally! Kimbrel baby! Fly the Flag @HOZER. That puts us currently tied with the Cards for 3rd place at 43-44. Glad that losing streak is over, that was dreadful. The 1 thing about the Cubs is, Chafin and Kimbrel have been lights out. We are 8.5 back of the Brewers, not good but we are not dead yet. If you look at the schedule through August, the Brewers have the tougher schedule compared to us. The next time they play us, it is a 4 game set at Wrigley from August 9th-12th. After the all-star break we have 6 games against the D-Backs in an 10 day span.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win finally! Kimbrel baby! Fly the Flag @HOZER. That puts us currently tied with the Cards for 3rd place at 43-44. Glad that losing streak is over, that was dreadful. The 1 thing about the Cubs is, Chafin and Kimbrel have been lights out. We are 8.5 back of the Brewers, not good but we are not dead yet. If you look at the schedule through August, the Brewers have the tougher schedule compared to us. The next time they play us, it is a 4 game set at Wrigley from August 9th-12th. After the all-star break we have 6 games against the D-Backs in an 10 day span.

tumblr_n5s8vgoted1s2wio8o1_500.gif

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

• Haha 4

Despite losing 11 in a row, after tonight we may still end up having the 7th best record in the NL through 87 games which is almost comical. 

Giants are 53-32

Dodgers 53-34

Brewers 52-36

Padres 51-37

Mets 45-38

Reds 45-41

Then it is us at 43-44 (Cubs)

-unbelievable how we are still in the top half of the NL, that is if the Giants/Cards score holds up. Giants are currently ahead 3-1 in the 7th. A Cards loss puts them at 43-45. Giants are just 6 outs away from winning that game.

Heading into July 8th, the NL Central standings look like this:

1. Brewers 52-36

2. Reds 45-41 (6 back)

3. Cubs 43-44 (8.5 back)

4. Cards 43-45 (9 back)

5. Pirates 32-54 (19 back)

The Division is definitely the Brewers to lose at this point. Ordinarily I would say the Cubs and Cards are both toast but the Brewers schedule through August is tough. The Brewers still play the Cubs 7 times, 4 of them at Wrigley. The Cards still play the Brewers an amazing 13 times, yes 13 times!

44 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@Barry Sears Are you optimistic that the Rays could win the World Series? I see that the Tampa Bay Lighting won the Stanley Cup (Hockey Championship). And, of course, Tampa won the Super Bowl. 

I'm confident they can make a run at the WS title again this season.  Been a great couple of years for Tampa sports.  Odd that the Bucs and Lightning get great fan support, but the Rays can't draw flies to their games.  Only big crowds are when the Yankees or Red Sox are in town.  I'm sure the ballpark has a lot to do with it.  I don't know the geography of that area, so not sure if Tropicana Field is in a bad area or hard to get to, but I'm sure a new ballpark would be helpful.

It's a shame, because they are such a fun team to watch.

• Like 2

7 straight games against the Brewers starting with tonight. I hope we can at least split the games against them, as this will be a huge moment for the season, and we’d be helping the Cubbies as well. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

7 straight games against the Brewers starting with tonight. I hope we can at least split the games against them, as this will be a huge moment for the season, and we’d be helping the Cubbies as well. 

Four before the break and then 3 right after? That is such a weird scheduling quirk there

• Like 1

You can take the Cardinal out of STL, but not the killing the hitting the Cubs at Wrigley Field. 

Brad Miller, has 3 HRs, and 5 RBIs, the Cubs are gonna have their win streak stopped at 1. 6-0 Phillies in 7th

Winning last night was fun while it lasted haha . Last I seen the Reds were beating the Brewers 3-2. Go Reds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Winning last night was fun while it lasted haha . Last I seen the Reds were beating the Brewers 3-2. Go Reds.

My NL Central Like List,

1. Cubs

2. Reds, I like Votto, and of course Nick, dont mind old Cub Mike Freeman

3. Pirates, because they normally suck more the Cubs in my lifetime outside of like 2 years

4. Cardinals, at least better fans than the brewers

5. Rob Manfred making up a team

6. The 6th Sense

113,132,555,999,000. The Brewers

• Like 2

My NL Central Like List,

1. Cubs

2. Reds, I like Votto, and of course Nick, dont mind old Cub Mike Freeman

3. Pirates, because they normally suck more the Cubs in my lifetime outside of like 2 years

4. Cardinals, at least better fans than the brewers

5. Rob Manfred making up a team

6. The 6th Sense

113,132,555,999,000. The Brewers

Yeah when I was a kid it was either be a Cubs or Reds fan around here because we had no professional team. Both Cincy and Chicago are pretty close to here. What drew to me to the Cubs was the 1984 season, they were great and the fact they were WGN every day. I loved Harry Caray, Ryno, etc.. My uncle was a huge Reds fan and tried persuade me to be a Reds fan but I chose the Cubbies haha . Imagine being a fan since 1984 and having to wait 32 years for a Championship lmao .Anyway my list goes:

1. Cubs

2. Reds

3. Pirates

4. Cards - I respect them as they have won 3.5 WS Championships in my lifetime = 1982, 2006, and 2011. You notice I put 3.5 because in 1985 they got cheated out of a game 6 clincher. 

5. Brewers - worst fans in all of baseball (their fans act like they have won a WS and are Champions) and the way they win sometimes (mainly since 2018) is so lucky, I never seen anything like it. It is annoying.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah when I was a kid it was either be a Cubs or Reds fan around here because we had no professional team. Both Cincy and Chicago are pretty close to here. What drew to me to the Cubs was the 1984 season, they were great and the fact they were WGN every day. I loved Harry Caray, Ryno, etc.. My uncle was a huge Reds fan and tried persuade me to be a Reds fan but I chose the Cubbies haha . Imagine being a fan since 1984 and having to wait 32 years for a Championship lmao .Anyway my list goes:

1. Cubs

2. Reds

3. Pirates

4. Cards - I respect them as they have won 3.5 WS Championships in my lifetime = 1982, 2006, and 2011. You notice I put 3.5 because in 1985 they got cheated out of a game 6 clincher. 

5. Brewers - worst fans in all of baseball (their fans act like they have won a WS and are Champions) and the way they win sometimes (mainly since 2018) is so lucky, I never seen anything like it. It is annoying.

I was in Central Illinois for when I started watching baseball and local team was cubs minor league so became that way.

Also the Brewers Twitter game is absolute crap, they are the worst I've seen 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I was in Central Illinois for when I started watching baseball and local team was cubs minor league so became that way.

Also the Brewers Twitter game is absolute crap, they are the worst I've seen 

ESPN no longer allows posts on game threads but Brewers fans were the worst. There were 2 posters that I literally wanted to tell them that their stupidity had reached new heights. Everytime they would win they would clog the whole page up at how they were the best team and was going to win the WS easily. This was back in 2018 and they would say stuff like the Cubs sucked and that Yelich was this era's Barry Bonds. Yelich isn't a pimple on Barry's rear end lmao !  Just on and on. This was every day. They would be like the Cubs will have to wait another 108 years to win a WS, etc.. News flash, the Brewers have never won a WS in their franchise history, they have been around since 1969 and technically we have won 3 and one recently in 2016. You needed Facebook to post then and I don't do Facebook, too many people on Facebook that post dumb stuff that gets me riled up when I do read posts.

Until your team wins a WS, you can't talk. End of discussion. 

• Thanks 1

I was born in 1971 so in my lifetime, here are the WS Championships won in our division:

1. Cards 3 = 1982, 2006, 2011

1. Reds 3 = 1975, 1976, 1990 (tied with the Cards)

3. Pirates 2 = 1971 and 1979

4. Cubs 1 = 2016

5. Brewers = A big Fat 0 Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

Interesting, the Pirates won the WS the year I was born. Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was born in 1971 so in my lifetime, here are the WS Championships won in our division:

1. Cards 3 = 1982, 2006, 2011

1. Reds 3 = 1975, 1976, 1990 (tied with the Cards)

3. Pirates 2 = 1971 and 1979

4. Cubs 1 = 2016

5. Brewers = A big Fat 0 Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

Interesting, the Pirates won the WS the year I was born. Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Mine is even more simple, I was born in 1997,

So Cards 2006 and 2011

Cubs 2016,

Pirates 0

Reds 0

Brewers, Zippo

I had that Marlins team win the WS the year I was born. 4 years into their existence. Only the D-Back and Rays are younger than I am.

• Like 1

Here we go...Cardinals vs. the Cubs for a 3 game series before the All-Star Break.  Both teams have struggled of late, so this series may help set the tone for the second half of the season.

Been reading a lot about the Cubs being sellers at the trade deadline unless they turn things around in the next couple of weeks.

I think the Cards stand pat...no buying and no selling, because we have little to sell at this point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Here we go...Cardinals vs. the Cubs for a 3 game series before the All-Star Break.  Both teams have struggled of late, so this series may help set the tone for the second half of the season.

Been reading a lot about the Cubs being sellers at the trade deadline unless they turn things around in the next couple of weeks.

I think the Cards stand pat...no buying and no selling, because we have little to sell at this point.

Yeah, Hoyer has been telling the media that he will be listening to phone calls for the next three weeks. Unbelievable considering just a few weeks ago they were supposed to be big buyers. That 11 game slide changed everything…

5 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah, Hoyer has been telling the media that he will be listening to phone calls for the next three weeks. Unbelievable considering just a few weeks ago they were supposed to be big buyers. That 11 game slide changed everything…

Even if we got a little hot streak here, we are still likely to sell. I would like to get Pederson traded, for just a low level guy or two, Chafin and Tepera could both bring back something decent based on how good they been over all in back high leverage spots. Davies could bring something back as lots of teams are looking for rental starting pitching and has been looking good as that mid guy. 

Kimbrel would bring back the biggest return as reporters have him as the biggest fish of trade season since teams want that dominant bullpen arm for postseason.

KB I am still hoping they find some way to keep him and extend him Baez and Rizzo this year and Willy by next

Also Cubs won Game 1 10-5 today, That first inning was interesting. KB and Joc had 3 RBI doubles. Wisdom 2 run HR.  

• Like 1

Good win today, 10-5 over the Cards. @HOZERFly the flag. Any win over the Cards is nice. Those games are never easy. That puts us at 44-45 now on the season. It would be nice getting back over .500 at the all-star break. I think the Cubs and Cards are in the same boat, I don't see either buying or selling. I think they both just play the season out as is. Nice to see KB is ok. Wisdom did his thing as well. Hendricks picks up another win too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good win today, 10-5 over the Cards. @HOZERFly the flag. Any win over the Cards is nice. Those games are never easy. That puts us at 44-45 now on the season. It would be nice getting back over .500 at the all-star break. I think the Cubs and Cards are in the same boat, I don't see either buying or selling. I think they both just play the season out as is. Nice to see KB is ok. Wisdom did his thing as well. Hendricks picks up another win too.

My reasoning behind the Cubs not selling is, I see no way they trade Bryant who is their best player unless they get huge return. If they trade Bryant and get didley then Hoyer has lost his mind- he isn't that dumb. No way the Cubs get rid of Rizzo either because the city of Chicago would be fuming mad, he is the most loved Cub and our leader. Kimbrel is our best reliever and just too valuable to trade as he still can be used even in the future. He may have 5 great years left?? He is 33 but only is used 1 inning a game. We aren't buying either IMO because I am not sure Hoyer is sold on the fact we are WS contenders.