Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

20 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Cardinals make a deal!!  We got a washed up pitcher from the Twins...J.A. Happ.  The division is ours!!!  LOL

Is he gonna come and pitch tonight??haha All he has to do is cross the field as it is you guys and Twins, I will be at the game tonight, sad as the last time I was there the Cubs still had the Core 4

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Kris Bryant is traded to the Giants, and Jake Marisnick is traded to the Padres. 

That's everyone from the Cubs to other teams, except the bat boy now.  Bryant the Giant.

Cardinals get John Lester from the Nationals.

7 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

That's everyone from the Cubs to other teams, except the bat boy now.  Bryant the Giant.

Cardinals get John Lester from the Nationals.

This is absolutely devastating and heartbreaking. I am so sorry Cubs fans… so sickening to see the damn Dodgers, Giants and Yanks get whatever they want. 

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Kimbrel off to the Dodgers, and the biggest shocker I did not expect, Javy Baez off to the Mets @NFLfan. The Cubs only remaining infielder is KB. That I would never have expected

Wow. I need to start following baseball again. How did that happen? The Cubs are purging players. I know @2006Coltsbestever, @HOZER and others are not happy. What are you feelings/thinking about this?

Just now, HOZER said:

Devastated.

6eBP.gif

I'm sorry. It really sucks. I know you guys like Javy. He seemed to be the heart and soul of that team. 

Hopefully the Cubs acquire future stars to rebuild the team. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

I'm sorry. It really sucks. I know you guys like Javy. He seemed to be the heart and soul of that team. 

Hopefully the Cubs acquire future stars to rebuild the team. 

Rizzo to the Yankees yesterday too. Gutted.

I can't recall a time when two teams who had won a WS in recent years did a complete sell off like the Cubs and Nationals have done this week.

Imagine being a season ticket holder with actual money invested in those teams so to speak and seeing them dismantle your team overnight.

The Cubs just crushing their fans again.  They can afford to keep everyone but a few trades could be OK.   No need to empty the cupboards like they did.  The Cubs have a history of not caring about their fans.  I thought that had changed in recent years but maybe not.  They used to always put crappy teams on the field knowing that the Cubs fans were loyal.

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

The Cubs just crushing their fans again.  They can afford to keep everyone but a few trades could be OK.   No need to empty the cupboards like they did.  The Cubs have a history of not caring about their fans.  I thought that had changed in recent years but maybe not.  They used to always put crappy teams on the field knowing that the Cubs fans were loyal.

Until 2016, the ballpark was what sold tickets, not the team or their performance.  It was an experience to go to Wrigley and still is.  I would love to see the fans there just stop going the rest of the season and let them play in an empty ballpark.

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Wow. I need to start following baseball again. How did that happen? The Cubs are purging players. I know @2006Coltsbestever, @HOZER and others are not happy. What are you feelings/thinking about this?

It is hard. KB I expected to be traded just for years. But it still hurts, mainly because you see how bad it hurts him. I really hope there is a way to bring him back this offseason. 

Rizzo, I saw some writing on the wall, as he seemed to realize his time was over back before this season. There just wasn't the same feeling as there was before with his future. 

Javy, that one is the hardest and most shocking as I never expected that they would trade him or that he would leave in FA. That is the hardest. 

And the thing is, people are gonna blame the owners for this one, except for once, they sent money to cover salaries, for once it wasnt about shredding salary. But it still hurts. I am just hoping some way to bring one of them back in FA

Just now, Barry Sears said:

Until 2016, the ballpark was what sold tickets, not the team or their performance.  It was an experience to go to Wrigley and still is.  I would love to see the fans there just stop going the rest of the season and let them play in an empty ballpark.

Hey we are not the Cardinals haha 

Cubs fans will still stick, it is who we are. Bandwagon ones will leave which is a great thing. But Cubs fans will always attend games.

I feel bad for Ross

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I don't understand the Cardinals trade for Happ.   They gave up Gant, who is a better pitcher than Happ.   They also gave up a promising minor leaguer.   

Agreed.  Gant is better than Happ, hands down.  Lester is washed up and they trade Thomas to get him.

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Cubs fans will still stick, it is who we are. Bandwagon ones will leave which is a great thing. But Cubs fans will always attend games.

I feel bad for Ross

Cardinals will always sell tickets, too even when they aren't playing well.  True that Cubs fans are very loyal and I respect that.

1 minute ago, Barry Sears said:

Agreed.  Gant is better than Happ, hands down.  Lester is washed up and they trade Thomas to get him.

These moves make no sense since the team doesn't have a realistic chance at the postseason.   

2 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Cardinals will always sell tickets, too even when they aren't playing well.  True that Cubs fans are very loyal and I respect that.

Could that go into a "loyal to a fault" type of thing?    When the ownership knows they can screw the fans over and they'll keep coming back, it can be bad.

4 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I am basing that kinda on this year with the games I have been at, they really havent sold much, which I was surprised. 

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

These moves make no sense since the team doesn't have a realistic chance at the postseason.   

I agree, that is borrowing from peter to pay paul type thing there. You guys are like one game ahead of us and we tore it down. I do not understand making short-term trades this year for you guys. The only nice thing about this for me will be able to see Lester Pitch live again but just in the wrong uniform. 

22 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Rizzo to the Yankees yesterday too. Gutted.

Oh no. I love Rizzo. I guess the Mets would never trade for him because we have Alonso as our 1st baseman. 

This is a surprise. I thought the Cubs were in the race for the division. I clearly have not been following. Sorry.

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Oh no. I love Rizzo. I guess the Mets would never trade for him because we have Alonso as our 1st baseman. 

This is a surprise. I thought the Cubs were in the race for the division. I clearly have not been following. Sorry.

In June we were, then we lost 11 straight games and everything else. Cubs fans in NY can still see both Javy and Rizzo live, just two different stadiums. Schwarber up there too in BOS

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Likely Cubs starting lineup tonight/

CF Ortega

C Contreras

3B Duffy

1B Wisdom

RF Heyward

2B Bote

SS Alcanatra

LF Happ

P (I do not remember who is scheduled)

Arrietta, reinstated.

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I feel bad for Ross

I have been a Cubs fan since 1984 but Hoyer has lost his freakin mind. I have been a super loyal fan for 37 years but this dude just ripped our heart out. Boooooooooooo! Trading Baez is a complete joke, that makes 0 sense. KB was expected to be traded in a way, I was just hoping he wouldn't be. 

Loyalty works both ways, how can you be loyal to a team or franchise when the FO doesn't care about their fans. I would rather have Homer Simpson running this team than the guys we got running the team now Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Aaaaaaaad just like that Rizzo hit’s his first homerun with the Yankees. 

AptSadEmperorpenguin-size_restricted.gif

200w.gif?cid=82a1493brbmm9tqwchw6y83z5k3

mbeUu.gif

can’t wait to see Bryant crush them  for The Giants and El Mago work his magic for the Mets. And o yeah can’t wait to see Kimbrel shut batters down for the Southsiders.

1329292734.0.jpg

47 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Aaaaaaaad just like that Rizzo hit’s his first homerun with the Yankees. 

AptSadEmperorpenguin-size_restricted.gif

200w.gif?cid=82a1493brbmm9tqwchw6y83z5k3

mbeUu.gif

can’t wait to see Bryant crush them  for The Giants and El Mago work his magic for the Mets. And o yeah can’t wait to see Kimbrel shut batters down for the Southsiders.

1329292734.0.jpg

Kris Bryant Thinking GIF by Chicago Cubs- I actually got traded, interesting.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been a Cubs fan since 1984 but Hoyer has lost his freakin mind. I have been a super loyal fan for 37 years but this dude just ripped our heart out. Boooooooooooo! Trading Baez is a complete joke, that makes 0 sense. KB was expected to be traded in a way, I was just hoping he wouldn't be. 

Loyalty works both ways, how can you be loyal to a team or franchise when the FO doesn't care about their fans. I would rather have Homer Simpson running this team than the guys we got running the team now Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

I am still hoping Javy comes back this offseason once he sees his market. He is certainly a guy I could see. KB, will be interesting to see his case study, he really loved being a Cub, and when they come to Wrigley in Sept, he needs that major ovation. He has said he would comeback to Chicago, same with Javy. Rizzo is the one I do not think will be back as a Cubs player. The other two I think could, especially Javy

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am still hoping Javy comes back this offseason once he sees his market. He is certainly a guy I could see. KB, will be interesting to see his case study, he really loved being a Cub, and when they come to Wrigley in Sept, he needs that major ovation. He has said he would comeback to Chicago, same with Javy. Rizzo is the one I do not think will be back as a Cubs player. The other two I think could, especially Javy

Yeah I am still in shock this is happening this year. Not thinking straight. I was so sure Baez wouldn't be traded and MVP loved being a Cub. They call Ernie Banks Mr. Cub but definitely MVP could have that title too. 

KB (aka MVP) key accolades as a Cub:

Career .279 batting average = very good for todays game

Career OBP% .378

4Time All-Star = 2015, 2016, 2019, 2021

Has proven he can play 2 positions great = 3B, and LF 

Led the league in Runs scored in 2016 = 121

Won NL Rookie of the Year in 2016

Won NL MVP in 2016

World Series Champion in 2016

-He gave to many charities in the city of Chicago and is just a humble guy.

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am still in shock this is happening this year. Not thinking straight. I was so sure Baez wouldn't be traded and MVP loved being a Cub. They call Ernie Banks Mr. Cub but definitely MVP could have that title too. 

KB (aka MVP) key accolades as a Cub:

Career .279 batting average = very good for todays game

Career OBP% .378

4Time All-Star = 2015, 2016, 2019, 2021

Has proven he can play 2 positions great = 3B, and LF 

Led the league in Runs scored in 2016 = 121

Won NL Rookie of the Year in 2016

Won NL MVP in 2016

World Series Champion in 2016

-He gave to many charities in the city of Chicago and is just a humble guy.

It is going to stay in shock. That is just too hard and I agree with Javy. 

One thing I have seen lots of prospect guys have said we gotten good/surprising good returns. That is at least good to have the see. 

I really just hope they can resign one or 2 of them, and do the Yankee move

41 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

It is going to stay in shock. That is just too hard and I agree with Javy. 

One thing I have seen lots of prospect guys have said we gotten good/surprising good returns. That is at least good to have the see. 

I really just hope they can resign one or 2 of them, and do the Yankee move

Yeah who knows, we will see but a bad way to end what I call a very good 6 season run, if not great a run. It will be close to impossible to duplicate what the Cubs accomplished from 2015-2020 seasons ever again. 3 straight NLCS's - 2015/2016/2017, 3 Division Titles - 2016/2017/2020, and most importantly winning the World Series - 2016. Do you know Jake Arrieta didn't lose a game in 24 straight starts from mid 2015 into 2016 for a while. Of course he won CY Young in 2015 and was 2-0 in WS games vs the Indians in 2016. In 2016 Bryant was the 1st Cubs NL MVP since Sammy Sosa won that in 1998! Leaders like Rizzo rarely come around either and El Mago's great play will never be forgotten. El Mago always did something to excite the fans, he is worth paying a ticket for. Sad to see those 3 players gone and sad to see Jake be a shell of himself. At least we don't have to hear that 108 year crap anymore lmao . 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah who knows, we will see but a bad way to end what I call a very good 6 season run, if not great a run. It will be close to impossible to duplicate what the Cubs accomplished from 2015-2020 seasons ever again. 3 straight NLCS's - 2015/2016/2017, 3 Division Titles - 2016/2017/2020, and most importantly winning the World Series - 2016. Do you know Jake Arrieta didn't lose a game in 24 straight starts from mid 2015 into 2016. Of course he won CY Young in 2015 and was 2-0 in WS games vs the Indians in 2016. In 2016 Bryant was the 1st Cubs NL MVP since Sammy Sosa won that in 1998! Leaders like Rizzo rarely come around either and El Mago's great play will never be forgotten. El Mago always did something to excite the fans, he is worth paying a ticket for. Sad to see those 3 players gone and sad to see Jake be a shell of himself. At least we don't have to hear that 108 year crap anymore lmao . 

Speak for yourself I still hear that crap! All the time I wear my Cubs stuff at work, I hear ithaha

A comment Jed made, when the writing was on the wall for this season (11 game losing streak) he knew it was obvious to sell. The biggest thing is he didnt want what happened to the Phillies, Giants, and I am blanking on the third, who's core got old and skills diminish without making moves to keep from having the crater drop. The Cubs are hopefully on that path to bring back by not allowing us to crater. That will be the biggest thing. Also, Steele should be up soon to start, Keegan at a point too. 

Manuel Rodriguez has a lot of things, and hopefully he can do it and stay composed like he needs. Cuz he has the stuff to close, and this is the perfect time to see. 

I kinda want Morel to get a chance in the Majors since on 40man and why not. Amaya if healthy he would. Davis needs to be bumped to AAA. 

But I am still hoping somehow KB and Javy comeback, bridge that gap. And figure out our first baseman of the future

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Speak for yourself I still hear that crap! All the time I wear my Cubs stuff at work, I hear ithaha

A comment Jed made, when the writing was on the wall for this season (11 game losing streak) he knew it was obvious to sell. The biggest thing is he didnt want what happened to the Phillies, Giants, and I am blanking on the third, who's core got old and skills diminish without making moves to keep from having the crater drop. The Cubs are hopefully on that path to bring back by not allowing us to crater. That will be the biggest thing. Also, Steele should be up soon to start, Keegan at a point too. 

Manuel Rodriguez has a lot of things, and hopefully he can do it and stay composed like he needs. Cuz he has the stuff to close, and this is the perfect time to see. 

I kinda want Morel to get a chance in the Majors since on 40man and why not. Amaya if healthy he would. Davis needs to be bumped to AAA. 

But I am still hoping somehow KB and Javy comeback, bridge that gap. And figure out our first baseman of the future

Regarding the 108 year thing, why would anyone give you grief over that? We won the WS in 2016, it is history. Tell them they look dumb for doing so haha . Everyone where I work at and who knows me knows I am a Cub fan and they never talk about that to me. They can't in reality. I do hear stuff like, you guys are 1 timers, Go Brewers or Go Cards  lmao but not the 108 from non Cubs fans.

Archived