Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

Appreciate the invite, but I really have not followed MLB for several years, so probably can't offer too much.

Tom Seaver and Jesse Orozco are the only two Mets I can remember, and I'm not even sue Oroszco was a Met?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dunk said:

Appreciate the invite, but I really have not followed MLB for several years, so probably can't offer too much.

Tom Seaver and Jesse Orozco are the only two Mets I can remember, and I'm not even sue Oroszco was a Met?

That's ok. Orosco was a Met. He threw the final pitch to beat the Red Sox in the 1986 World Series. 

2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Cardinals clinch at least a split for this series with the Cubs...Yadi with the walk-off winner in the 10th inning.

I was nice to see Molina able to get a hit off Kimbrell.   

I'm actually fine if they split but a win today would be a huge bonus.  

It'll be 5 games on the road against Cincy and Cleveland after tonight's game.

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

I was nice to see Molina able to get a hit off Kimbrell.   

I'm actually fine if they split but a win today would be a huge bonus.  

It'll be 5 games on the road against Cincy and Cleveland after tonight's game.

Yes, would really like another win and to take 3 of 4 from the Cubs.

The Memphis Redbirds swept the double-header I went to last night and have won 11 straight now.

They won the first game 1-0 in extra innings.  Top pitching prospect Matthew Liberatore pitched 6 innings, allowed 4 hits, no runs and struck out 9.

Redbirds won the second game with a rally in the top of the 7th for a 5-4 win.

8 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Yes, would really like another win and to take 3 of 4 from the Cubs.

The Memphis Redbirds swept the double-header I went to last night and have won 11 straight now.

They won the first game 1-0 in extra innings.  Top pitching prospect Matthew Liberatore pitched 6 innings, allowed 4 hits, no runs and struck out 9.

Redbirds won the second game with a rally in the top of the 7th for a 5-4 win.

That's awesome.  Liberatore is their best minor league prospect.   The Cards only have 3 prospects ranked in the top 100.    This is unusual for them.   They usually have a stronger farm system.   

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

That's awesome.  Liberatore is their best minor league prospect.   The Cards only have 3 prospects ranked in the top 100.    This is unusual for them.   They usually have a stronger farm system.   

True.  Also saw Nolan Gorman play, who was slated to be the third baseman of the future, but since acquiring Arenado, he has been playing second base in the minors this year.  Started the season at AA and was promoted to AAA in June, I believe.  They are grooming him to take over at second base in the majors next year or the year after, OR he can be ready for third base if Arenado exercises his opt out this off-season.  Gorman has good power and hits for a decent average.

That's A Winner!  Cardinals take 3 of 4 from the Cubbies.  We're back over the .500 mark, so who knows what will happen, but at least STL is not rolling over at this point.

Trade deadline coming up quickly, so there will be a lot of news in the next several days.

I see the Rays picked up Nelson Cruz...should help them down the stretch, he brings a big bat to their liineup.

10 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

That's A Winner!  Cardinals take 3 of 4 from the Cubbies.  We're back over the .500 mark, so who knows what will happen, but at least STL is not rolling over at this point.

Trade deadline coming up quickly, so there will be a lot of news in the next several days.

I see the Rays picked up Nelson Cruz...should help them down the stretch, he brings a big bat to their liineup.

I hope the Cards stay neutral through the trading.   At only 7 games back, they do have a chance, but not enough to give up an already depleted minor league roster.  Let this current team continue to gel and hope some pitching comes back.  

Awfully quiet in here when the Cubs lose.

Just now, Myles said:

I hope the Cards stay neutral through the trading.   At only 7 games back, they do have a chance, but not enough to give up an already depleted minor league roster.  Let this current team continue to gel and hope some pitching comes back.  

Awfully quiet in here when the Cubs lose.

I agree, the only thing that would make sense is to get a SP, but to trade someone on the current 40 man roster, or some low level prospects.  We should get Mikolas back before too long, and maybe give Liberatore a shot before the end of the year.

47 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

453163978_Screenshot2021-07-23100528.thumb.jpg.e4b84410c136e1c7eacf0879de76e659.jpg

Screenshot 2021-07-23 100709.jpg

Screenshot 2021-07-23 100746.jpg

46 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Reaction Hello GIF by MOODMAN
Cleveland Indians are now the Cleveland Guardians 

I did not realize this was something they were working on. The Washington Football Team still has no name now. 

I wonder how they decided to go with "Guardians" ??

@Barry Sears Hey there. Can you tell me anything about Rich Hill who the Mets acquired in a trade with the Rays? Hope he can help.

Barry, how long have you rooted for the Rays? One of the worst trades the Mets made while I have been a fan was one we did with the Rays years ago. We traded Scott Kazmir, one of our prized prospects, for another pitcher named Victor Zambrano. I recalled being very upset when that trade was made. I hoped I would be wrong. It turned out even worse than I expected. Zambrano never went on to do anything for the Mets. Kazmir did not become a Hall of Fame player but he more than contributed to the teams he played for. Zambrano did not.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@Barry Sears Hey there. Can you tell me anything about Rich Hill who the Mets acquired in a trade with the Rays? Hope he can help.

Barry, how long have you rooted for the Rays? One of the worst trades the Mets made while I have been a fan was one we did with the Rays years ago. We traded Scott Kazmir, one of our prized prospects, for another pitcher named Victor Zambrano. I recalled being very upset when that trade was made. I hoped I would be wrong. It turned out even worse than I expected. Zambrano never went on to do anything for the Mets. Kazmir did not become a Hall of Fame player but he more than contributed to the teams he played for. Zambrano did not.

@NFLfan Hill is almost over the hill, ha ha.  He has been around a long time.  Started the season well, but has struggled the pst month or so, which is why the Rays were open to dealing him.  Plus, they have some injured pitchers on the way back.

Been following the Rays for about 4 years now since they drafted Brendan McKay from Louisville and later picked up Nick Solak from Louisville in a trade with the Yankees.

2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

@NFLfan Hill is almost over the hill, ha ha.  He has been around a long time.  Started the season well, but has struggled the pst month or so, which is why the Rays were open to dealing him.  Plus, they have some injured pitchers on the way back.

Been following the Rays for about 4 years now since they drafted Brendan McKay from Louisville and later picked up Nick Solak from Louisville in a trade with the Yankees.

Ah. Ok.  Are you a Louisville football fan? One of my favorite players to play for the Vikings is Teddy. I know he played only a couple of years but I loved the kid. Lots of Louisville football fans used to post on the Vikings site. I used to be a member of Card Chronicle. But I am a fan of a different Cardinal team -- the Stanford Cardinal.

As for the trade, the name Rich Hill did not evoke excitement. Now I know why. Lol. In fact, I thought it was someone who had been out of baseball and making a comeback. You confirmed what I thought. I don't know why the Mets traded for him. I guess it is because we have so many injuries.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Ah. Ok.  Are you a Louisville football fan? One of my favorite players to play for the Vikings is Teddy. I know he played only a couple of years but I loved the kid. Lots of Louisville football fans used to post on the Vikings site. I used to be a member of Card Chronicle. But I am a fan of a different Cardinal team -- the Stanford Cardinal.

As for the trade, the name Rich Hill did not evoke excitement. Now I know why. Lol. In fact, I thought it was someone who had been out of baseball and making a comeback. You confirmed what I thought. I don't know why the Mets traded for him. I guess it is because we have so many injuries.

Yes, a Louisville football fan, too.  Bridgewater was great here and glad he’s still around after that horrendous injury a few years ago.

I know the Mets need starting pitching with all their injuries so I hope the trade works out.

You can put a fork in the Cubs, they are 10 games back. I am just praying they don't trade MVP just to be trading him for scraps. If that happens I will be really upset and disappointed in Hoyer. Myles, I didn't go anywhere lol, I am here win or lose but our season is toast and you know it lmao .

Cards fans @Myles @Barry Sears, and @Jay Kirk, I hate to say it but you guys are done too. You guys are 9 games back, it isn't happening for either team this year. The Reds still have a slight chance but they are 6.5 back. Baseball gave the Brewers the most insane easiest schedule pre-all-star break. That allowed them to build a huge lead in the division so now they can play comfortably. Brewers could go .500 the rest of the season and win the division in reality as long as they beat the Cards like only 4 of the 13 times they play them and Reds a couple more times. Lets say the Cards beat the Brewers 9 of the 13 times they play, they would only makeup 5 games, I doubt they beat the Brewers 9 times. Cubs having an easy schedule now doesn't even matter because of the talk of selling and once a team falls behind 8 games or more going into the 2nd half of the season (after the all-star break), their % of winning the division is only 19%. I looked it up. It is because the team ahead of them can play loose the last part of July - September no matter their schedule. The other teams are playing tight and know they have to win, it is just a mentality players have. I have seen this over the last 40 years. Going into the all-star break, if you aren't in 1st you need to be within 7.5 games at worse. 7.5 is a doable makeup, but 8 or more is unlikely going by the %'s. Cubs and Cards both were 8 games out going into the all-star break. I tried to stay optimistic because of the Cubs do have an easier schedule and the Brewers have a harder one but it hasn't mattered. Cubs lost to Arizona today lmao, they don't look like themselves. Reds have just beat the Cards 2 in row, it is over fella's. I can at least say the Cubs had a hell of a 6 yr run from 2015-2020. The Cubs went to 3 straight NLCS from 2015-2017, won a WS in 2016 going 103-58, and won 3 Division Titles in 2016, 2017, and 2020. Nothing great ever lasts.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You can put a fork in the Cubs, they are 10 games back. I am just praying they don't trade MVP just to be trading him for scraps. If that happens I will be really upset and disappointed in Hoyer. Myles, I didn't go anywhere lol, I am here win or lose but our season is toast and you know it lmao .

Cards fans @Myles @Barry Sears, and @Jay Kirk, I hate to say it but you guys are done too. You guys are 9 games back, it isn't happening for either team this year. The Reds still have a slight chance but they are 6.5 back. Baseball gave the Brewers the most insane easiest schedule pre-all-star break. That allowed them to build a huge lead in the division so now they can play comfortably. Brewers could go .500 the rest of the season and win the division in reality as long as they beat the Cards like only 4 of the 13 times they play them and Reds a couple more times. Lets say the Cards beat the Brewers 9 of the 13 times they play, they would only makeup 5 games, I doubt they beat the Brewers 9 times. Cubs having an easy schedule now doesn't even matter because of the talk of selling and once a team falls behind 8 games or more going into the 2nd half of the season (after the all-star break), their % of winning the division is only 19%. I looked it up. It is because the team ahead of them can play loose the last part of July - September no matter their schedule. The other teams are playing tight and know they have to win, it is just a mentality players have. I have seen this over the last 40 years. Going into the all-star break, if you aren't in 1st you need to be within 7.5 games at worse. 7.5 is a doable makeup, but 8 or more is unlikely going by the %'s. Cubs and Cards both were 8 games out going into the all-star break. I tried to stay optimistic because of the Cubs do have an easier schedule and the Brewers have a harder one but it hasn't mattered. Cubs lost to Arizona today lmao, they don't look like themselves. Reds have just beat the Cards 2 in row, it is over fella's. I can at least say the Cubs had a hell of a 6 yr run from 2015-2020. The Cubs went to 3 straight NLCS from 2015-2017, won a WS in 2016 going 103-58, and won 3 Division Titles in 2016, 2017, and 2020. Nothing great ever lasts.

Cubs and Cards both won today. Through 100 games the 2 teams almost have identical records. Cubs are at 49-51 and Cards at 50-50 1 game ahead in 3rd in the division. I still can't see anyone catching the Brewers. Cubs, Cards, and Reds are all too inconsistent. Those teams will win 3 or 4 in a row but then lose 3 or 4 in a row. Still hard to believe the Cubs lost 11 in a row at one point. I would've never imagined that could happen with this team. That is why they are in the hole they are in. 

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Sadly I agree. The only outside looking in team I could think would be the Phillies

Yeah the Phillies have a lot of talent but like most of the teams they are inconsistent too. Mets are a little more consistent and if deGrom holds up, they should win the East. The Braves might be the most disappointing team in the NL this year. I had them winning the East before the season, surprising.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Phillies have a lot of talent but like most of the teams they are inconsistent too. Mets are a little more consistent and if deGrom holds up, they should win the East. The Braves might be the most disappointing team in the NL this year. I had them winning the East before the season, surprising.

I do agree, that division though just is kinda disappointing. The Mets for example are doing extraordinary pitching, but outside of deGrom I wonder if the other guys will hold up. Their offense is a Zero. Phillies I am just curious since we know they will spend. And the braves i agree 

Cubs beat the Reds 6-5 but at this point it is tough to get excited about any win since the narrative by everyone at ESPN and Fox are just saying sell, sell, sell Cubbies. That is the only team they are doing that with that much chatter. Cubs are 50-51 just a half game behind the 50-50 Cards, the Reds are now 51-49 - those teams are basically even. However for some reason, Hoyer is in sell mode and the media keeps pushing for KB to be traded?? An article today on ESPN, says KB to the Mets? That was their starting point. If we trade KB that will be the dumbest thing we have done in years. How about Goldschmidt to the Yankees? lmao - you will never hear that because the media loves the Cards. Nah lets just break up the 2nd best team over the last 6 years because the media says so (Only LA has been better). Hoyer is puzzling to me right now. He is turning into Jerry Jones as the days go by.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs beat the Reds 6-5 but at this point it is tough to get excited about any win since the narrative by everyone at ESPN and Fox are just saying sell, sell, sell Cubbies. That is the only team they are doing that with that much chatter. Cubs are 50-51 just a half game behind the 50-50 Cards, the Reds are now 51-49 - those teams are basically even. However for some reason, Hoyer is in sell mode and the media keeps pushing for KB to be traded?? An article today on ESPN, says KB to the Mets? That was their starting point. If we trade KB that will be the dumbest thing we have done in years. How about Goldschmidt to the Yankees? lmao - you will never hear that because the media loves the Cards. Nah lets just break up the 2nd best team over the last 6 years because the media says so (Only LA has been better). Hoyer is puzzling to me right now. 

I mean I still love to see a win, and they are selling. Chafin is going to A's. The biggest reason I think we are is certainly based around all the FAs we have and the understanding we wont be able to resign all of them. You gotta stock up on guys when you can. it is stuff Theo did in past, same as Yankees in 16. KB is gonna suck to lose him, and it was a mistake to never get him locked up years ago. But the dumbest moves would be to trade Rizzo/Baez for nothing major. For once this isnt just the media doing what they do, it makes sense to do it while we can. Cant always keep everybody this isnt the 80/90s.

On otherhand, I think Baez is gonna get hit next time he faces Garretthaha All the talking baez did and strutting it was great!

6 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I mean I still love to see a win, and they are selling. Chafin is going to A's. The biggest reason I think we are is certainly based around all the FAs we have and the understanding we wont be able to resign all of them. You gotta stock up on guys when you can. it is stuff Theo did in past, same as Yankees in 16. KB is gonna suck to lose him, and it was a mistake to never get him locked up years ago. But the dumbest moves would be to trade Rizzo/Baez for nothing major. For once this isnt just the media doing what they do, it makes sense to do it while we can. Cant always keep everybody this isnt the 80/90s.

On otherhand, I think Baez is gonna get hit next time he faces Garretthaha All the talking baez did and strutting it was great!

If we are giving up on the season I would trade Kimbrel definitely, he is older and could bring maybe a good young prospect. A lot of teams want him. I just wouldn't trade KB and I would give him a huge contract. Reason being is, there isn't a prospect that can replace him and he's still young. If KB was like 32 or 33 I would say it is time and understand. I would keep Rizzo, Baez Contreras, and KB and everyone else would be tradebait. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we are giving up on the season I would trade Kimbrel definitely, he is older and could bring maybe a good young prospect. A lot of teams want him. I just wouldn't trade KB and I would give him a huge contract. Reason being is, there isn't a prospect that can replace him and he's still young. If KB was like 32 or 33 I would say it is time and understand. I would keep Rizzo, Baez Contreras, and KB and everyone else would be tradebait. 

I would keep Hendricks as well of course.

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It isn't really blowing up the team, normally that is more something you do when guys are still under contract for the future. And I mean I agree, sign him, but it is just hard to see him, but also IDK where he will go or sign. I wish we could resign all 3 and Willy. It is just hard to see him signing longterm, and maybe that is because it has been talked about for 6 years ever since the service time manipulation. Rizzo also seems to be a bit different than he has, and I am worried he may not sign in FA with us again, Javy is the one I most expect to be back next year

Archived