Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

The fact the Cubs have the wins leader on the team is hilarious. And proves just how he's been. I think like 16 games he's had no losses 

Hendricks is just like Maddux, not over powering but is when he needs to be. He gets you with his Curve. Arrieta has the Cubs record with 24, I think Hendricks is at 16 now, not sure.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hendricks is just like Maddux, not over powering but is when he needs to be. He gets you with his Curve. Arrieta has the Cubs record with 24, I think Hendricks is at 16 now, not sure.

Baby Maddux, and I think the biggest surprise is just that it is happening in a year where we are under 500 compared to Arrieta who did that during the best years of the Cubs, that is kinda what is impressing me about Kyle's just since I would not have expected him to not be hung with  a loss even with with like a 1-0 loss. 

Rafael Ortega hit another HR. He does seem like he may be a nice piece for next season. 

@NFLfan it appears you guys will not be signing your first round pick. Appears the issue is that is his arm for medical. 

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Not good. What happens to him if he does not sign? Does he go into next year's draft?

Mets will get the 11th pick next year. He we be eligible to be drafted again next year.

KB has a hit a HR in his first game with Giants. So now Rizzo, KB, and Javy all hit a HR in their first game with a new team. That is just a feeling of pain for us

45 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

KB has a hit a HR in his first game with Giants. So now Rizzo, KB, and Javy all hit a HR in their first game with a new team. That is just a feeling of pain for us

I'm sorry. Maybe you will get them back in free agency. 

8 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

2022 MLB Schedule has been released, so for us who have lost hope on the season, can start to plan for our winnings ways next season

I follow the Cubs regardless. I am still checking to see every night whether we win or lose. It is too early to even think about next season because we have no idea what the roster will be like. A lot will happen in the offseason. 

By the way I still watch and get into the playoffs every year as well even when the Cubs aren't in it. The playoffs are fun to watch and intense. The Cubs stunk for many years and I still watched the WS every year. I hope we get 2 teams in there that rarely make the WS as in maybe a Rays vs Padres WS, like the NBA had with the Bucks vs Suns. Something different to me that would be easy and fun to watch.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I follow the Cubs regardless. I am still checking to see every night whether we win or lose. It is too early to even think about next season because we have no idea what the roster will be like. A lot will happen in the offseason. 

By the way I still watch and get into the playoffs every year as well even when the Cubs aren't in it. The playoffs are fun to watch and intense. The Cubs stunk for many years and I still watched the WS every year. I hope we get 2 teams in there that rarely make the WS as in maybe a Rays vs Padres WS, like the NBA had with the Bucks vs Suns. Something different to me that would be easy and fun to watch.

I still follow and watch too, it is more that joke, and to comment the wait til next year fun. (Plus for me, seeing where I may go for games) I mean I only seen like one game since trade deadline, but that has just been because I havent been home to watch. I will catch when I can, but still do get score updates.

In other things, if anybody here ever gets the chance to sit in the Green Seats at Busch (Cardinals Club Seats), do it! They are amazing. So close to the players you can hear them and chat to them, can read the names,. Unlimited food and drinks, a dining hall with a buffet, servers that deliver to you. Cushioned and extra space, they are great seats! I got to go tonight with work tickets

22 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I still follow and watch too, it is more that joke, and to comment the wait til next year fun. (Plus for me, seeing where I may go for games) I mean I only seen like one game since trade deadline, but that has just been because I havent been home to watch. I will catch when I can, but still do get score updates.

In other things, if anybody here ever gets the chance to sit in the Green Seats at Busch (Cardinals Club Seats), do it! They are amazing. So close to the players you can hear them and chat to them, can read the names,. Unlimited food and drinks, a dining hall with a buffet, servers that deliver to you. Cushioned and extra space, they are great seats! I got to go tonight with work tickets

I know you were joking, unfortunately there is no hope for this season :(. I pretty much stayed positive like usual until we traded Bryant and Baez both, we gave the white flag when we did that. It is cool you go to these games. Busch club seating sounds like a great time.

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know you were joking, unfortunately there is no hope for this season :(. I pretty much stayed positive like usual until we traded Bryant and Baez both, we gave the white flag when we did that. It is cool you go to these games. Busch club seating sounds like a great time.

Its kinda time to watch the prospects/young guys see what we got coming up. See them take lumps and make adjustments. And ya 10 at busch this year and 2 other stadiums for 12 total. And the green seats are great! So comfy and so nice, and so much food for free. Gotta love company sharing season tickets, and them letting employees use them if clients aren't using them 

Jake actually didn't get the loss today but got a no decision. If he is done and it looks like he is then may hats off to him for the years he spent as a cub urban cowboy houston GIF by Texas Archive of the Moving Image - As a cub from mid July in 2015 to mid May in 2016 he didn't lose a start. 24 straight regular season games with either a win or a no decision. That is a Cubs record. He won NL Cy Young in 2015 and was 2-0 in starts in WS games vs the Indians earning his ring (2016). It is has been a hell of a ride Jake!

I have to mess with @Mylesa little regarding when he said it gets quiet in here when the Cubs are losing. This is all in fun but how about them Cards as well? They are 53-55 and 11.5 games back, nobody is hardly posting period in here because our teams are out of it haha . 

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jake actually didn't get the loss today but got a no decision. If he is done and it looks like he is then may hats off to him for the years he spent as a cub urban cowboy houston GIF by Texas Archive of the Moving Image - As a cub from mid July in 2015 to mid May in 2016 he didn't lose a start. 24 straight regular season games with either a win or a no decision. That is a Cubs record. He won NL Cy Young in 2015 and was 2-0 in starts in WS games vs the Indians earning his ring (2016). It is has been a hell of a ride Jake!

I have to mess with @Mylesa little regarding when he said it gets quiet in here when the Cubs are losing. This is all in fun but how about them Cards as well? They are 53-55 and 11.5 games back, nobody is hardly posting period in here because our teams are out of it haha . 

The losing is bad, but I got more frustrated at the Cardinals for being buyers at the trade deadline when they were clearly not in the race.   How they thought bringing in 2 over the hill pitchers and giving up younger, better players would work is beyond me. 

3 hours ago, Myles said:

The losing is bad, but I got more frustrated at the Cardinals for being buyers at the trade deadline when they were clearly not in the race.   How they thought bringing in 2 over the hill pitchers and giving up younger, better players would work is beyond me. 

Yeah I said it was over a week ago, I wish I would've been wrong. Schedules even out but the thing is if a team has an easy schedule before the all-star break that allows them to build a big lead. When their schedule gets tougher they can play loose and just play .500 and still win the division. I have no idea how the Brewers got such an easy schedule through mid-July, it is ridiculous. Schedules should be the same all season = hard/easy/hard/easy. Not 28 games in a row like the Brewers had playing tomato cans. No bigge, they will roughly be the worse team in the playoffs so they will get eliminated early more than likely. They can't beat any of teams in the West in a series.

I actually didn't want to be buyers or sellers, I wanted to stay neutral but we sold bigtime :thmdown:

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I said it was over a week ago, I wish I would've been wrong. Schedules even out but the thing is if a team has an easy schedule before the all-star break that allows them to build a big lead. When their schedule gets tougher they can play loose and just play .500 and still win the division. I have no idea how the Brewers got such an easy schedule through mid-July, it is ridiculous. Schedules should be the same all season = hard/easy/hard/easy. Not 28 games in a row like the Brewers had playing tomato cans. No bigge, they will roughly be the worse team in the playoffs so they will get eliminated early more than likely. They can't beat any of teams in the West in a series.

I actually didn't want to be buyers or sellers, I wanted to stay neutral but we sold bigtime :thmdown:

Yeah, the Cubs sold big time.   Pretty much screwed their fans.  

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Ya  I really did not understand that plan, you guys needed to sell or at worst stand pat. Too far back and didnt just seem unlucky/should be better, you guys like the Cubs played to the record at the deadline, that could really have consequence for future.

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ya  I really did not understand that plan, you guys needed to sell or at worst stand pat. Too far back and didnt just seem unlucky/should be better, you guys like the Cubs played to the record at the deadline, that could really have consequence for future.

I would have been happy standing pat.   They didn't give up the farm for what they got, but they lost some.   Subtraction by addition in this case I guess.  

Cubs Andrew Romine (UT) hit a 3 run HR off of Craig Kimbrel today. Cubs lost in 10 8-6 but that was certainly fun. 

Cubs are currently the 10th worst team in MLB. Due to the Mets not signing Rocker, they will now get the 11th pick in 2022. So the top 10 teams will pick in their spot in relation to record finish, the remaining 20 teams will pick 1 spot lower (11th worst team in league will pick 12th and so on)

On 8/6/2021 at 2:50 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I’m still hanging around, but just not posting as much out of respect to all my Cubbies friends here. Very happy with my Reds and their surge. I just wonder if it will be enough to catch one of the West teams for that wildcard spot. 

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I’m still hanging around, but just not posting as much out of respect to all my Cubbies friends here. Very happy with my Reds and their surge. I just wonder if it will be enough to catch one of the West teams for that wildcard spot. 

When you guys face the Brewers, you guys gotta win. Certainly want you guys to get the division over the Brewers

6 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Post away my friend, you are a classy Reds fan. I would much rather see them win the division than the stinkin' Brewers. I was watching the Cubs game earlier and they were already down 2-0 to the Whitesox in the 4th. I am now watching a movie classic in Trading Places with Murphy and Aykroyd. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Post away my friend, you are a classy Reds fan. I would much rather see them win the division than the stinkin' Brewers. I was watching the Cubs game earlier and they were already down 2-0 to the Whitesox in the 4th. I am now watching a movie classic in Trading Places with Murphy and Aykroyd. 

Alozay looked good today, first career start where he walked zero and allowed no HRs. He is gonna get saddled with the loss. He just had bad luck/sequencing in the first inning to give up 2 runs, two weak hit balls, a non-call strike and then the only good hit of inning for a 2 RBI double

13 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Alozay looked good today, first career start where he walked zero and allowed no HRs. He is gonna get saddled with the loss. He just had bad luck/sequencing in the first inning to give up 2 runs, two weak hit balls, a non-call strike and then the only good hit of inning for a 2 RBI double

I see it is 4-0 in the 9th. It is tough to watch games anymore because I feel like our FO quit on the team. I have watched plenty of years where the Cubs have stunk but the FO quit this year. I watched almost every game back in 1987 during the summer before your time and we had a losing record, the year Dawson won NL MVP for example. They were on WGN every day. It isn't about not following the team as much or even losing, it is the fact they quit (well the FO did). In 2009 when the Colts were 14-0 and we quit on the undefeated season I was so upset I nearly stopped watching. Quitting is the wrong way to go about things. JMO

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see it is 4-0 in the 9th. It is tough to watch games anymore because I feel like our FO quit on the team. I have watched plenty of years where the Cubs have stunk but the FO quit this year. I watched almost every game back in 1987 during the summer before your time and we had a losing record, the year Dawson won NL MVP for example. They were on WGN every day. It isn't about not following the team as much or even losing, it is the fact they quit (well the FO did). In 2009 when the Colts were 14-0 and we quit on the undefeated season I was so upset I nearly stopped watching. Quitting is the wrong way to go about things. JMO

I wouldn't say the FO quit, at that point making trades was the best thing for the organization. You gotta get new guys in, especially that since 2017 we haven't won a playoff game. At some point the actual results are the truth compared to the expected results. At this point, we were not gonna win, not after 11 game losing streak, the more irresponsible thing would have been doing what the Cards did. 

Now we have the chance to bring up some of the younger guys and see what they can do and figure out for next year. I am still looking forward to Steele and Keegan getting up, and hoping Rodriguez figures out pitching to LHH

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks! Much appreciated!

3 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

When you guys face the Brewers, you guys gotta win. Certainly want you guys to get the division over the Brewers

Yep. We’ve got to take at least 2 out 3. No excuses with the talent. 

40 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I wouldn't say the FO quit, at that point making trades was the best thing for the organization. You gotta get new guys in, especially that since 2017 we haven't won a playoff game. At some point the actual results are the truth compared to the expected results. At this point, we were not gonna win, not after 11 game losing streak, the more irresponsible thing would have been doing what the Cards did. 

Now we have the chance to bring up some of the younger guys and see what they can do and figure out for next year. I am still looking forward to Steele and Keegan getting up, and hoping Rodriguez figures out pitching to LHH

I get trading Rizzo and Kimbrel - you get younger and get prospects because the season looked over but the Cubs cleaned house by trading KB and Baez - I just don't agree with those moves. I have talked to a lot of Cubs fans where I at work at and they think trading Baez was ridiculous. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get trading Rizzo and Kimbrel - you get younger and get prospects because the season looked over but the Cubs cleaned house by trading KB and Baez - I just don't agree with those moves. I have talked to a lot of Cubs fans where I at work at and they think trading Baez was ridiculous. 

The Baez i agree with, that was ridiculous and just not something I ever saw coming. But it gave javy a chance to play with lindor, which maybe giving him that chance now will make him happy, and in future though realize he got the chance to play with him but doesn't need to again 

Kris Bryant got lucky, he is in the best situation possible. He ended up being on the best team in baseball. Mets are collapsing which is surprising so Baez has to be shaking his head, and Rizzo tested positive for Covid-19 so he is out for a while in NY. He never got sick playing in Chicago with that crap. 

Man Kris Bryant is tearing it up with the Giants. He is aka MVP so I expected it. He is a guy you can build your franchise around. He was great today and made a great defensive play in a win over the Brewers. I said the other day it would be cool if it ended up being Padres vs Rays in the WS because of something different. Having said that if the Giants won it all I would be happy, MVP could say stick that in your tail pipe and smoke it at Hoyer. MVP would never do that (great and humble guy) but he could lmao . He should've been a lifetime Cub, ridiculous!

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@RollerColt, Reds are now only 5 games out of 1st place. I would lmao if the Brewers choke the division away. Go Reds.

We start a series with the Brewers tomorrow, I hope we can help but I wouldn't count on it. 

Playing the Pirates helps. Still got a lot of baseball left. But we're at least taking care of business for the moment. 

Kris Bryant in 8 games with the Giants is batting .323 up from .267 when he was a Cub. His OBP is .382 up from .358 when he was a Cub. He also has a HR with the Giants so far. What that tells me is our hitting coaches stink, you don't turn into a .323 hitter over night from his career of .279 as a Cub, that is freakin' Tony Gwynn material when you are at .323. Our FO needs take a long look in the mirror as they just traded away the best talented player they have ever have for a bag chips! If I sound bitter, I am because that would be like the Colts trading away Marvin Harrison in his prime. I won't say Peyton because Peyton is on a different level by himself but you guys get my point. Imagine trading Marv in like 2003 lmao , that is what it is like. The more and more I think about it, I hope the Giants steam roll everyone and win the WS this year. I love the Cubs, always will, have since 1984 but Bryant is still my favorite player. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kris Bryant in 8 games with the Giants is batting .323 up from .267 when he was a Cub. His OBP is .382 up from .358 when he was a Cub. He also has a HR with the Giants so far. What that tells me is our hitting coaches stink, you don't turn into a .323 hitter over night from his career of .279 as a Cub, that is freakin' Tony Gwynn material when you are at .323. Our FO needs take a long look in the mirror as they just traded away the best talented player they have ever have for a bag chips! If I sound bitter, I am because that would be like the Colts trading away Marvin Harrison in his prime. I won't say Peyton because Peyton is on a different level by himself but you guys get my point. Imagine trading Marv in like 2003 lmao , that is what it is like. The more and more I think about it, I hope the Giants steam roll everyone and win the WS this year. I love the Cubs, always will, have since 1984 but Bryant is still my favorite player. 

What would you say the odds are that the Cubs sign Bryant after this season?   Could there have been a gentleman's agreement between the Cubs and Bryant?   

34 minutes ago, Myles said:

What would you say the odds are that the Cubs sign Bryant after this season?   Could there have been a gentleman's agreement between the Cubs and Bryant?   

I hope that happens but I haven't heard any rumors of that, I watch a lot of Cubs pre and post games = Cubs media and nobody has brought that up. 

Archived