Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Draft Eve Poll (plus data from Colts article Mock Draft Mondays)

EastStreet

Colts Draft Eve Poll  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Colts do with their 1st round pick?

• Make their pick at 21
    • Trade to move back
    • Trade to move up
    • Trade for a player and possibly picks
  2. 2. With their 1st pick (21st or whatever they might trade into), the Colts will select a:

3. 3. With the 2nd pick (wherever it is), the Colts will select:

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

Thought it would fun to do a "Colts draft-eve poll".

Just some info from Colts latest Mock Draft Monday article so you know what others are predicting.

This is the latest breakdown from all the predictions.

Edge - 37 total votes
Philips 10
Ojulari 8
Paye 7 
Rousseau 7
Oweh 4
Ossai 1 

OT - 33 total votes
Cosmi 9
Jenkins 8
Darrisaw 7
Leatherwood 4 (1 was a trade back)
Eichenberg 2 (1 was a trade back)
Vera Tucker 2
Mayfield 1 

WR - 7 total votes
Toney 3
E Moore 2
R Moore 2 

CB - 3 total votes
Horn 1 
Newsome 1
Campbell 1 

DT - 2 total votes
Barmore 2

LB - 1 total votes
JOK 1

S - 1 total votes
Moehrig 1

I voted

Pick at 21

DE with 1st pick

OT with 2nd pick

I do think Ballard is shopping to move back, just not sure he'll find the value or partner he wants. Only takes one team, or one guy slipping that a team really wants though. So in short, I hope we trade a few spots back and pick up a 3rd, I just don't think the chances are as likely as in previous years.

I think we trade back collecting another 2 and a 3 (maybe another 2?)

I'd be delighted if we could take the likes of EDGE Philips, WR E Moore/R Moore and OT Eichenberg/Radunz/Mayfield but that is very wishful thinking considering they are ranked 1st/2nd rounders. 

49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I voted

Pick at 21

DE with 1st pick

OT with 2nd pick

I do think Ballard is shopping to move back, just not sure he'll find the value or partner he wants. Only takes one team, or one guy slipping that a team really wants though. So in short, I hope we trade a few spots back and pick up a 3rd, I just don't think the chances are as likely as in previous years.

Paye at 21

Radunz or Brown at 54

Happy Pumped Up GIF

2 minutes ago, ScotColt said:

I think we trade back collecting another 2 and a 3 (maybe another 2?)

I'd be delighted if we could take the likes of EDGE Philips, WR E Moore/R Moore and OT Eichenberg/Radunz/Mayfield but that is very wishful thinking considering they are ranked 1st/2nd rounders. 

I don’t think the market is gonna be there. Not with all the reports that several teams are looking to trade down. To get that value, that’s trading out of the 1st. With us not having our first potentially next year, I think we stand pat.

53 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I voted

Pick at 21

DE with 1st pick

OT with 2nd pick

I am in the same line of thought. 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Paye at 21

Radunz or Brown at 54

Happy Pumped Up GIF

My stack rank for the two picks and positions

1st pick DE (at 21)

Oweh - pure freak

Paye - great traits too

Philips - love his production and traits, concerned about the concussion history

Rousseau - love his production and traits, concerned a bit with the opt out year

2nd Pick LT (at 54)

Little - he lost time due to injury and opt out, but was considered the #1 LT prior

Cosmi - might have a lower ceiling that the next (Radunz), but more ready now

Radunz - needs maybe 1/2 or full year, but could be elite

Leatherwood - very solid and a beast in the run game.

Eichenberg - polished but less traits than others. Would be fine next to Q.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I don’t think the market is gonna be there. Not with all the reports that several teams are looking to trade down. To get that value, that’s trading out of the 1st. With us not having our first potentially next year, I think we stand pat.

I am in the same line of thought. 

I selected pick at 21, but it only takes one team to like one guy that might fall to 21.

I agree multiple teams may be looking to trade back, but it all depends where their picks are, and what value they might be looking for. Going to be interesting to see how things shake out. I think we pick at 21, but I'd love to move back 5-8 spots and pick up a 3rd.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My stack rank for the two picks and positions

1st pick DE (at 21)

Oweh - pure freak

Paye - great traits too

Philips - love his production and traits, concerned about the concussion history

Rousseau - love his production and traits, concerned a bit with the opt out year

2nd Pick LT (at 54)

Little - he lost time due to injury and opt out, but was considered the #1 LT prior

Cosmi - might have a lower ceiling that the next (Radunz), but more ready now

Radunz - needs maybe 1/2 or full year, but could be elite

Leatherwood - very solid and a beast in the run game.

Eichenberg - polished but less traits than others. Would be fine next to Q.

I selected pick at 21, but it only takes one team to like one guy that might fall to 21.

I agree multiple teams may be looking to trade back, but it all depends where their picks are, and what value they might be looking for. Going to be interesting to see how things shake out. I think we pick at 21, but I'd love to move back 5-8 spots and pick up a 3rd.

100%

I've heard that the Colts and Jets are talking about a trade right now. The details are the Colts trade the 21st pick for the 34th pick, the 86th pick, and a 2022 3rd round pick. That's the rumblings, and why I believe Ballard made his comment in his pre-draft conference about being done earlier than we may think on Thursday. We could trade out of the 1st round completely before the draft begins Thursday. 

BTW, the trade chart matches up at 800 for the Colts at 21, and 34 (560),+ 86 (160), + 2022 3rd round pick (which equals a range from (116-265). So the final comparision if this trade happens will be the Colts giving up 800 points of value, and the Jets giving up 836-985 points of value over two years depending on the pick in 2022. 

So a great trade by Ballard to get our picks back over this year and next while only sacrificing 11 spots if he gets it done.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I've heard that the Colts and Jets are talking about a trade right now. The details are the Colts trade the 21st pick for the 34th pick, the 86th pick, and a 2022 3rd round pick. That's the rumblings, and why I believe Ballard made his comment in his pre-draft conference about being done earlier than we may think on Thursday. We could trade out of the 1st round completely before the draft begins Thursday. 

BTW, the trade chart matches up at 800 for the Colts at 21, and 34 (560),+ 86 (160), + 2022 3rd round pick (which equals a range from (116-265). So the final comparision if this trade happens will be the Colts giving up 800 points of value, and the Jets giving up 836-985 points of value over two years depending on the pick in 2022. 

So a great trade by Ballard to get our picks back over this year and next while only sacrificing 11 spots if he gets it done.

Ugh I hope not

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Ugh I hope not

I remember you wanted Kwity Paye really bad. It's just discussions right now. It may or may not happen. If we are going to gain picks for this year and next year though, it's probably going to be this trade. A lot of people are saying that this is a deep class from 35 to 75, so maybe Ballard agrees with that? We'll see what happens.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I voted what I want. So I went keep #21 and take the best LT left, in round #2 take a DE/pass rusher. I am really not getting this infatuation with people wanting to trade down, at #21 we can get the guy we want and need. 

The best explanation I can give you is we are missing a 3rd rounder this year and possibly a 1st next year. We know how good Ballard is in the draft and would rather have the picks for him to do his thing. We also weren't very active in FA, so Ballard has to make it up in the draft, and it's hard to do so with 6 picks. The earlier you trade down, the more and higher picks you get.

Ballard also said he wants more picks. It takes luck to hit on guys in the draft and you have to have the picks to hit on those guys. We honestly need those two extra 3rd rounders and I'd be happy with the trade honestly. It's infuriating to not have a 1st round pick so much, but to get Buckner and a QB in Wentz after Luck retired in exchange is worth it. 

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I voted what I want. So I went keep #21 and take the best LT left, in round #2 take a DE/pass rusher. I am really not getting this infatuation with people wanting to trade down, at #21 we can get the guy we want and need. 

Yep, draft the best player on the board at 21 to address a position, that can be fixed. Everything can’t be addressed in this draft. I’d hate to potentially see a version of the 2019 draft, trading down and passing on a difference maker. 

I can’t help but think Ballard and co. will have an advantage over some other teams, considering the circumstances of the 2020 class. 
  They’ve been pretty good at finding talent late in the draft. 
   The consensus is that they need:

A starting LT

A difference maker at DE

Depth in the secondary 

A dynamic TE

An explosive WR

HOW they meet these goals is anyone’s guess. But it’s good to know, they have a solid nucleus and just need some pieces to contend for a championship. (This is assuming Wentz balls out and the existing team is healthy).

There’s also the aspect of guys who to some are considered “busts” (Turay, Banagu, Lewis, Ya Sin and Campbell), may step up this year. 

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That would be awesome.  We could avoid getting one of the overrated DEs and be in perfect position to take Leatherwood, Radunz or possibly Cosmi or Jenkins.  (I'm hoping Ballard is showing interest in Jenkins in order to deflect our real interest).

Then we could take Tremble at 54 or another good TE since there will likley not be any at 86.

We don't really need quick bendy guys that early.  Our pass rush should come from the middle, so our DEs should be more containment guys than rushers to open up running lanes for the QB.  Keep Mahomes, Lamar, and Allen in the pocket to limit the backyard ball plays and force them to run through their scripted progressions.  The key to winning those games is to take away their improve game, IMO.

Should be plenty of decent containment type DEs at 86 and then the johnny one note bendy rusher after that.

But if Ballard wants to take Basham or Turner at 34, that's good too.  But he might have to trade up from 54 to get the OT, or visa versa.  

My conjecture, one day out.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I remember you wanted Kwity Paye really bad. It's just discussions right now. It may or may not happen. If we are going to gain picks for this year and next year though, it's probably going to be this trade. A lot of people are saying that this is a deep class from 35 to 75, so maybe Ballard agrees with that? We'll see what happens.

It’s not about Paye in this case. I’m looking at it from the fact that barring something bad happening, we’re not gonna have a 1st next year and the last time we had a first, we used it on big Q, which was well spent. I’d like us to actually take a swing in the first round, even if it is not Paye

59 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I can’t help but think Ballard and co. will have an advantage over some other teams, considering the circumstances of the 2020 class. 
  They’ve been pretty good at finding talent late in the draft. 
   The consensus is that they need:

A starting LT

A difference maker at DE

Depth in the secondary 

A dynamic TE

An explosive WR

HOW they meet these goals is anyone’s guess. But it’s good to know, they have a solid nucleus and just need some pieces to contend for a championship. (This is assuming Wentz balls out and the existing team is healthy).

There’s also the aspect of guys who to some are considered “busts” (Turay, Banagu, Lewis, Ya Sin and Campbell), may step up this year. 

I don't think most people think we "need" an explosive WR.   Pittman should be better in his second year and with a training camp.

I also don't know many who consider Ya Sin and Campbell "busts" at this point.   I think Campbell will be great this year.  

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I don’t believe any rumors about the draft, teams only leak what they want others to believe.

But I’d be happy if that one was true.  I’ll be among the not so surprised if we don’t draft at 21.  

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Agreed with that, but one thing, the media tends to exaggerate.  Its their nature.  He seems to be talking about the big splashy trades involving the top 10.  The stuff they like to hog the air time talking about all night long while the "mundane" parts of the draft that people care about are taking place.

"There's going to be a lot of action Thursday night, I'm just not sure there's going to be a crazy, big trade move just because I get the sense that people don't want to get that far back."

There might still be some action for us.  I can see a team like GB, MIA, CLEV, BALT etc, teams that are close, wanting to get a specific player.

Even TB, with Brady there and Arians, could want to try to repeat as much as possible while they have the opportunity.  

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Agreed with that, but one thing, the media tends to exaggerate.  Its their nature.  He seems to be talking about the big splashy trades involving the top 10.  The stuff they like to hog the air time talking about all night long while the "mundane" parts of the draft that people care about are taking place.

"There's going to be a lot of action Thursday night, I'm just not sure there's going to be a crazy, big trade move just because I get the sense that people don't want to get that far back."

There might still be some action for us.  I can see a team like GB, MIA, CLEV, BALT etc, teams that are close, wanting to get a specific player.

Even TB, with Brady there and Arians, could want to try to repeat as much as possible while they have the opportunity.  

Oh definitely. I’m just saying the odds are if it does happen the value won’t be as high . But all it takes is one GM

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So lets say we do this deal. Although that 3rd is devalued in 2022. With all reports out most teams are looking to move back.

I do think NYJ would have to give up additional pick this year, maybe 5th or 6th?(146 or 186)

So how about this scenario.

Trade 21 for 34, 86, (146 or 186) 2022 3rd

Trade 54, 86 to move back up to 36-38(Miami/Philly/Cincy)

End up with 34, (36-38) (146 or 186) and 2022 3rd? For 21 and 54?

Maybe even land an additional 2022 4th or 5th in trade back up?

With all the talk about teams looking to trade down, I could see Ballard trying to capitalize on that and maybe move back up from our 2nd ?

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Trading down out of 21 before draft even starts wouldn't be good

There might be a difference maker like Paye or Jenkins 

You just take the guy then

If all players Ballard likes are fine im fine with trade

32 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Hope you guys have a great draft. Love you all 

You too bud 

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I prefer they do it now so I don’t stay up late lol

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

There are a lot of reports of teams being in on Darrisaw and Paye before the Colts. I don't know for sure on Jenkins besides the Bears. I'm getting the feeling Ballard wants to go for 2nd and 3rd round guys this year because he believes his guys won't fall. He said the Media may see him "early on Thursday night" and he also said that the draft takes luck and you need picks to get lucky and take those shots.

All that makes me think we'll possibly trade down and the trade rumor with the Jets is true.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

There are a lot of reports of teams being in on Darrisaw and Paye before the Colts. I don't know for sure on Jenkins besides the Bears. I'm getting the feeling Ballard wants to go for 2nd and 3rd round guys this year because he believes his guys won't fall. He said the Media may see him "early on Thursday night" and he also said that the draft takes luck and you need picks to get lucky and take those shots.

All that makes me think we'll possibly trade down and the trade rumor with the Jets is true.

I know he's also big on Greg Newsome too

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Bears are possible losing Fuller 

That's true. I see them doing a bunch of other things first though. They are definitely interested in O-Lineman, they have an interest in trading up for a QB, and I've heard if neither of those things happen, they are interested in taking Kyle Trask at 20 (which is believeable as Pace and Nagys jobs are on the line this year).

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's true. I see them doing a bunch of other things first though. They are definitely interested in O-Lineman, they have an interest in trading up for a QB, and I've heard if neither of those things happen, they are interested in taking Kyle Trask at 20 (which is believeable as Pace and Nagys jobs are on the line this year).

Typical Bears move

41 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

You Friday morning...

...Indianapolis Colts select RB Naj...

Oh Come On The Office GIF

I would be ok with that move. More important positions to address but talk about a 3 headed monster. Plus Mack would probably make it they the entire season with Taylor, Harris and Hines ahead of him. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

i didnt vote what i wanted but more what ballard likes to do trade back

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Where is this info coming from?

1 hour ago, w87r said:

So lets say we do this deal. Although that 3rd is devalued in 2022. With all reports out most teams are looking to move back.

I do think NYJ would have to give up additional pick this year, maybe 5th or 6th?(146 or 186)

So how about this scenario.

Trade 21 for 34, 86, (146 or 186) 2022 3rd

Trade 54, 86 to move back up to 36-38(Miami/Philly/Cincy)

End up with 34, (36-38) (146 or 186) and 2022 3rd? For 21 and 54?

Maybe even land an additional 2022 4th or 5th in trade back up?

With all the talk about teams looking to trade down, I could see Ballard trying to capitalize on that and maybe move back up from our 2nd ?

Yes.  Radunz/Leatherwood  and Basham/Turner would be a nice start to the draft.  Probably need to have both picks in the 36 to 48 range.

It costs less to move up 6 to 8 slots in round 2.  We could pick up a third with the trade out of 21, and only give a 4th or a 5th to move up in round 2.

Archived