Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard gives draft Hint.


Recommended Posts

The Colts have very little ammo for a move up.  No third round pick this year and no second round pick next year (which might be a first)

 

He could trade pick 21 for a veteran player and another pick before the draft.  That would certainly warrant an early presser.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He mentioned multiple different things during this session so taking that little comment and running with it is very premature. He talked about the potential of moving back as well. Said sometimes it’s better to grab 2 or 3 players instead of 1. He likes to play all sides for our media. Always have. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coltsfan40 said:

IChris Ballard gave hint as he gets up walk away today. He said you never know we maybe be talking earlier than you think to reporters. Its a move up or trade out 1st rd.


You thought Ballard was being serious?   
 

Really?    Seriously?

 

I thought he was 99 percent kidding.   He was having a fun, light moment. 
 

I think you read way too much into way too little.....     sorry. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just thinking about the trade that just went down where the Chiefs got Brown and a 2nd back from Ravens for their 1st which was pick 31 for all practical purposes.  What if the Colts could trade their 1st pick to the 49er's for Mcglinchey and their 2nd rd pick which is no 11 in the 2nd rd.  That has a nice ring to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have heard that Ballard wants Darrisaw very badly and may trade up to 12 above the Chargers to get him. The mutual interest is there between the two. If this exact scenario happens, remember that I wrote it here in this thread.

Would cost our 1st 2nd and 4th

Can't see that happening 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Just thinking about the trade that just went down where the Chiefs got Brown and a 2nd back from Ravens for their 1st which was pick 31 for all practical purposes.  What if the Colts could trade their 1st pick to the 49er's for Mcglinchey and their 2nd rd pick which is no 11 in the 2nd rd.  That has a nice ring to it.

Not a bad idea. 

 

Look at the substance of the KC/BALT trade as a benchmark.  KC gave up pick 31, 94, and 138 for pick 58 and Brown.  Draft point wise, they gave up 600 pts, 124 pts, and 38 pts to get Brown and 320 pts.  IOW, they gave up 762 pts and got back 320 pts and Brown.  Settling the dust, it means KC basically gave up 442 draft pts for Brown, or the equivalent of pick 46.

 

So KC only gave pick 46, a mid second round pick for a pro bowl LT (that they will have to resign immediately however).

 

So what is McGlinchey worth?  He is NOT a pro bowler, but has a 5th year option available (which is more attractive than having to resign to a big contract immediately).

 

Would you give pick 54 for McGlinchey?

 

Ballard could trade down from 21 and get a 2nd and 3rd rounder and trade pick 54 for McGlinchey.  He'd get his LT, and also still have a high 2nd rounder and acquire a high 3rd rounder that we currently don't have.  And we still have the 5th year option on MM to see if he's worth it.  

 

If he's not our LT, then we have the option of signing him as a RT in 2022 and move Braden Smith to RG when Glow leaves.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Just thinking about the trade that just went down where the Chiefs got Brown and a 2nd back from Ravens for their 1st which was pick 31 for all practical purposes.  What if the Colts could trade their 1st pick to the 49er's for Mcglinchey and their 2nd rd pick which is no 11 in the 2nd rd.  That has a nice ring to it.

Isn't Mike M mainly a RT?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have heard that Ballard wants Darrisaw very badly and may trade up to 12 above the Chargers to get him. The mutual interest is there between the two. If this exact scenario happens, remember that I wrote it here in this thread.

  Darrisaw is my hope in the 1st, could you please show where you read this.  I am all for stacking the offensive line...but at what price?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Would cost our 1st 2nd and 4th

Can't see that happening 

Not my opinion. Also, we wouldn't pay that exactly. We'd probably pay a 1st and 2nd, or add a pick in 2022. It wouldn't be three picks this year after not having a 3rd rounder already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have heard that Ballard wants Darrisaw very badly and may trade up to 12 above the Chargers to get him. The mutual interest is there between the two. If this exact scenario happens, remember that I wrote it here in this thread.


The Forum would need grief counselors, if Ballard traded up for Darrisaw or anyone else. 
 

Ballard only trades down to acquire picks and it’s always magical here. 
 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Not my opinion. Also, we wouldn't pay that exactly. We'd probably pay a 1st and 2nd, or add a pick in 2022. It wouldn't be three picks this year after not having a 3rd rounder already.

Still too much for my taste 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, WentzinRome said:

  Darrisaw is my hope in the 1st, could you please show where you read this.  I am all for stacking the offensive line...but at what price?

Heard it from my best friend who always tells me the truth. Let me ask him for a link. We talked about it hours ago.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Heard it from my best friend who always tells me the truth. Let me ask him for a link. We talked about it hours ago.

 Thanks man, not trying to put you on the spot.  I just really want the Colts to grab Darrisaw.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MPStack said:


The Forum would need grief counselors, if Ballard traded up for Darrisaw or anyone else. 
 

Ballard only trades down to acquire picks and it’s always magical here. 
 

 

 Yes, because trading down for lesser talent always works out....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whatever scenario anyone comes up with re McGlinchey, it’s not worth the paper it’s written on. No to that guy, all day and twice on Sunday. 
I see Ballard trading down to get back that 3rd round pick. And grabbing a rookie to fill the LT slot. The Colts cannot afford to take on yet another significant Oline salary given what they already pay Kelly, and will be paying Q and Smith.  They need young talent to fill in behind those guys, and the draft is the path. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Heard it from my best friend who always tells me the truth. Let me ask him for a link. We talked about it hours ago.


Is your best friend a scout in the Colts organization?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chris Ballard: "Or who knows maybe we'll take Greg Newsome." *Looks into camera with that Ballard smirk*

 

News Guy: "Uh.That means you’re taking Newsome aren't you?"

 

Ballard: "Hahaha, well you know I can't tell you that."

 

New guy: "No, yeah, you’re taking Newsome"

 

Ballard: "I guess we'll see."

 

....

 

Goodell: "With the 21st pick of the 2021 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select... Greg Newsome- CB- Northwestern."

 

Ballard: *Ballard Smirk*

 

Irsay: smh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Just thinking about the trade that just went down where the Chiefs got Brown and a 2nd back from Ravens for their 1st which was pick 31 for all practical purposes.  What if the Colts could trade their 1st pick to the 49er's for Mcglinchey and their 2nd rd pick which is no 11 in the 2nd rd.  That has a nice ring to it.

 

You'd want to pay that much for a player that SF may not want to keep at RT?

 

Not me.    Not at that price.    At least Brown has shown he can play LT in the NFL.    

 

I was reluctant about Brown because I'm not sure he can do all the things we'd like a LT to do?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, funktacious2 said:

Chris Ballard: "Or who knows maybe we'll take Greg Newsome." *Looks into camera with that Ballard smirk*

 

News Guy: "Uh.That means you’re taking Newsome aren't you?"

 

Ballard: "Hahaha, well you know I can't tell you that."

 

New guy: "No, yeah, you’re taking Newsome"

 

Ballard: "I guess we'll see."

 

....

 

Goodell: "With the 21st pick of the 2021 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select... Greg Newsome- CB- Northwestern."

 

Ballard: *Ballard Smirk*

 

Irsay: smh

Trade back. Farley sitting there because of his back and Colts take him. Take Jenkins in the 2nd and Tremble in the 3rd from trading back in the 1st

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...