Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JJ Watt?

According to John Gambadoro: “The deal JJ Watt signed with the Cardinals was NOT the most he was offered. The Cleveland Browns and Indianapolis Colts each offered more money. Tennessee's offer was very similar.“

6 minutes ago, James said:

According to John Gambadoro: “The deal JJ Watt signed with the Cardinals was NOT the most he was offered. The Cleveland Browns and Indianapolis Colts each offered more money. Tennessee's offer was very similar.“

If true it looks like Ballard will be trying for a big fish or two this year in FA.  ER and WR1 ?

18 minutes ago, James said:

Don't believe everything that is tweeted. Just saying. 

4 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I'm excited to hear that Ballard was looking to pay Watt that much, but I'm glad that Watt chose elsewhere. Because this might mean that we get Yannick N. or one of the other top pass rushers. 

Not big on Yannick honestly 

Seems like a player that wouldn't play up to his high contract 

5 hours ago, James said:

The guys an Arizona sports journalist it’s his job to make the Cardinals look like they got a good deal. I doubt Ballard will splash on any big name free agents considering the we have quite a few extensions from the 2018 draft to work out in the near future.

6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

St. Pats day can't get here fast enough....

2 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

There should be an option for 1000 likes.   You'd get one for this post!!!

Don't ever wish time away. There will come a time you wish you had it back. :)

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Don't ever wish time away. There will come a time you wish you had it back. :)

Clearly you are speaking to yourself in regards to wishing you had the time back that it took to reply to what we wrote... :funny:

On 3/1/2021 at 4:04 PM, James said:

I'm going to believe this tweet over the one you posted. Just seems too far out of character for Ballard to offer MORE than 15.5 per year for Watt.

Charles Robinson

@CharlesRobinson

Unless the #Colts, #Browns and #Titans are straight up lying, this is not what I’ve been told. I’ve been told by multiple Watt suitors that the $23 million guaranteed in Watt’s Arizona deal was near ceiling for their total $. Teams were trying to get Watt for roughly $12 mil per.

On 3/1/2021 at 8:06 PM, danlhart87 said:

Not big on Yannick honestly 

Seems like a player that wouldn't play up to his high contract 

Great point. My main interest in him is the simple fact that his production has fallen off, but at the same time, I feel he was misused in Baltimore. Could be at least worth kicking the tires on him to see if there is value. I would not overpay for him at all. He's a beast in a proper 4-3 though.

Archived