Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign former Bills tight end Michael Matthews (Merge)

coltsuser21

ANDERSON, Ind. – The Indianapolis Colts have added depth at tight end by signing Michael Matthews.

In 16 career games, six as a starter, the 6-4, 270 pound Matthews has eight receptions for 54 yards. He has spent time with Detroit, New England, the New York Giants and the Buffalo Bills.

Matthews, 27, fills the roster vacancy created by the waiving-injured of tight end Rob Myers (rib).

Well at least Eldridge went down at a time when there are still options to sign. I wish Eldridge was healthy, i'm just trying to look at the silver lining here. Lets hope Matthews can prove his worth. We don't have Tamme anymore, so he might be our primary blocking TE in Goal line or 3rd and short situations.

Peytonis* listed above Painter, but it doesn't mean he could play if the season started today. (Doesn't mean he couldn't)

Peyton goes down, we signed 117 QBs for training camp, now we're filling a training camp void/hedging our bets with Eldridge.

* - EDIT: That was a typo, but it looked too awesome to fix! ;D

Well at least Eldridge went down at a time when there are still options to sign. I wish Eldridge was healthy, i'm just trying to look at the silver lining here. Lets hope Matthews can prove his worth. We don't have Tamme anymore, so he might be our primary blocking TE in Goal line or 3rd and short situations.

What do you mean we don't have Tamme anymore?