Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Potential Wentz Trade Thread (Merge)

2 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

By now that “other” team would have stepped in. No one is giving a 1st for a retread QB you hope to fix. Eagles will hold for a little and realize that. Pretty soon the buzz will cool down and a few dominoes will fall hurting their value IMO. 

While the Eagles sit and wait for that No 1 pick Ballard is busy working the phones looking for a QB.  They are taking a big risk waiting that pick.  They could easily lose our offer and wind up with something less.  

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

By now that “other” team would have stepped in. No one is giving a 1st for a retread QB you hope to fix. Eagles will hold for a little and realize that. Pretty soon the buzz will cool down and a few dominoes will fall hurting their value IMO. 

Rumor is that Chicago is also interested. If they offer the Eagles Nick Foles and their #2 that might jump us..

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

While the Eagles sit and wait for that No 1 pick Ballard is busy working the phones looking for a QB.  They are taking a big risk waiting that pick.  They could easily lose our offer and wind up with something less.  

I completely agree. If Howie is dead set on a 1st then Wentz will be there next year. 

2 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Rumor is that Chicago is also interested. If they offer the Eagles Nick Foles and their #2 that might jump us..

Why would it? Files has proving to be nothing better than Wentz. Howie has been there as the GM and already had Foles. Make literally zero sense. 

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think some teams are more interested but not ready to make offer on Wentz because there Big Game hunting. Waiting on possible Dak, Wilson, Watson becoming available? ...  also waiting see what it takes to move up in draft?

I think it’s opposite. I don’t see any teams interested or kicking the tires.

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think some teams are more interested but not ready to make offer on Wentz because there Big Game hunting. Waiting on possible Dak, Wilson, Watson becoming available? ...  also waiting see what it takes to move up in draft?

I would rather have Matt Ryan as well. Ballard is being patient which is great.

Wentz will most likely be a Colt once Philly comes to realization that nobody else actually wants him, especially at what Eagles want in return. The best offer the eagles have to this point is the two second round picks from the Colts. That's it. Ron Jaworski just stated as such saying that the Bears have moved on. 

Now does this mean that a team on draft day, say the Patriots as an example misses out on QB they might want, offers Philly a better second? Sure, so it might be the waiting game all the way through end of April... 

If I'm Colts I basically withdraw both seconds unless Eagles do deal NOW. If Eagles won't then Colts move on and take entire offer away so as not to have to play that draft day game that may or may not come to pass

I have spent some time watching highlights for Wentz for 2017 season

The guy looked amazing

When he threw his feet were underneath him, he was slinging it with accuracy 40-50 yards. (Vs his 2020 season)

He also showed a great ability to move around and get 3rd down when needed. 

Since then he had a knee injury that almost all people recover fully from (these days) and a concussion

If he would have had a right arm injury (For those old like me....  ) Like Bert Jones..... he was NEVER the same,

But THAT didnt happen

Wentz need some work , but physically he should be as good as before.

When he gets here, he will have to go the basics, and have a reduced play book, and remove hero ball..... we will be ok, I think

6 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

When he gets here, he will have to go the basics, and have a reduced play book, and remove hero ball..... we will be ok, I think

This doesn't make any sense.  Exactly why would a guy you say should be physically fine, come to a team utilizing basically the same offense as the season you reference, and several others.... And more than a few of the same coaches he had from that season, right up until this last one.... Need a reduced version of the playbook?

11 hours ago, Orioles22 said:

I don't think Burton will be back. I think Cox has much more potential.

Cox has had what seems to be a decade to turn that potential into consistent productivity and that hasn't happened. I'm seeing Cox going the way of that other TE/basketball guy we kept for 4 years of nothingness. If we keep Cox it will because there is no one else we can get and we can get Cox cheap. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He doesn't have a no trade clause so it doesn't matter where wants to go. They could trade him to Mars and he would have to go or sit out the season. 

True, but if Wentz doesn't wanna play for the Bears, their not gonna trade for him.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

True, but if Wentz doesn't wanna play for the Bears, their not gonna trade for him.

Saying you would prefer a team over another compared to saying I don't want to play for you is a huge difference. I doubt Wentz would just tell the Bears FO, I don't want to play for you. That would come off looking real bad.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Saying you would prefer a team over another compared to saying I don't want to play for you is a huge difference. I doubt Wentz would just tell the Bears FO, I don't want to play for you. That would come off looking real bad.

You're right, but if the Eagles wanted to trade Wentz to the Bears they would have already. If the market doesn't reflect the value they want, then you take the best offer. What's the hold up?

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It sounds like the Eagles and Bears know he prefers Indy.  I don't know why the Bears are even tying knowing his preference.  He is nicely telling them he doesn't want to play for them.  Does it make sense to even try knowing his desires to go to Indy?   Breer has put it right out there.   Trade for a player who doesn't want to play for you.  Makes no sense. 

Archived