Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Colts Jerseys!

CCH

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The jerseys are a bland compared to the seahawks jerseys... just like ppl go to one church because the building is beautiful its the same with uniforms... could have attracted more fans with a new patent or design.

The jerseys are a bland compared to the seahawks jerseys... just like ppl go to one church because the building is beautiful its the same with uniforms... could have attracted more fans with a new patent or design.

"Bland" is not a bad thing...did you see those new Seahawks Jerseys? LOL! they look ridiculous, even their fans hate them. And I don't want to attract fans based on what our jersey looks like.

That being said, I like em. They didn't change them that much and that's a good thing, who really wants to look like Oregon?

are all NFL football players required to use the "team" cleats? thats weird, here in Mexico all soccer player use whatever cleats they choose.

It's annoying. Some players get fined depending on the cleats they were.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7240390/chicago-bears-wr-earl-bennett-ejected-continues-wear-orange-cleats

Dumbest thing ever by the NFL.

"Bland" is not a bad thing...did you see those new Seahawks Jerseys? LOL! they look ridiculous, even their fans hate them. And I don't want to attract fans based on what our jersey looks like.

That being said, I like em. They didn't change them that much and that's a good thing, who really wants to look like Oregon?

Idk what fans your talking about even NFL players say the Seahawks have the better jersey out of all. I'd love for the colts to look like Oregon they'd look good while playing, and you may not care about fans like that but colts marketing sure do.

Idk what fans your talking about even NFL players say the Seahawks have the better jersey out of all. I'd love for the colts to look like Oregon they'd look good while playing, and you may not care about fans like that but colts marketing sure do.

It doesn't work when you have two colors....Colts Marketing is smart enough to know that they don't need to mess with the jerseys much if at all to sell. That's what the pink jerseys for ladies, the black 'alternative' jerseys and the old school jerseys are for.

It's annoying. Some players get fined depending on the cleats they were.

http://espn.go.com/c...r-orange-cleats

Dumbest thing ever by the NFL.

Those guys were fined because they went against the rules of the colors the team wore. Colts have black shoes with blue or white trim. If one wore a blue shoe, they would have been fined in the past.

Look at that like a speeding ticket. You break the law/rule, you will get fined. They know this going in so while it is extreme they know what they are doing, just like the guys that wear the wrong socks. They are asking to be fined because they know the rules.

Later on, possibly this year, but in the very least I suspect next year, Nike will be rolling out a pro-combat weekend for each team. Consider it like a throw to the future weekend as opposed to a throwback weekend.

It's all about $.

Going off the conversation we had yesterday about materials, these look a lot different than Reebok. I'm anxious to see how closely the materials of the fan jerseys match with the ones the players will be wearing. I also wonder if all players on a team will be wearing the exact same jerseys or if there will be variance between certain materials like there was in the past. From what I read earlier today, each team was able to choose what Nike material technologies they wanted, and the Colts went all in.

The seahawks players are the ones saying they love it...And the fans, here is their reaction in the Seahawks forums: Edit Lots of complaints, rarely a "I like em" post. Oregon jerseys are cool, if you want to look like a clown. I'm sorry but the bright colors and weird feathers(there are also feathers on the seahawks jerseys) are just terrible looking. People usually buy jerseys based on the team they are fans of, not because it looks cool(I know some people do, not most though). I've looked at most of the new jerseys and Seahawks are the only ones that really had a change, the panthers a little bit, but Seahawks were definitely the biggest change, and most are complaining.

Edited by Coltssouth
Link to another forum

Going off the conversation we had yesterday about materials, these look a lot different than Reebok. I'm anxious to see how closely the materials of the fan jerseys match with the ones the players will be wearing. I also wonder if all players on a team will be wearing the exact same jerseys or if there will be variance between certain materials like there was in the past. From what I read earlier today, each team was able to choose what Nike material technologies they wanted, and the Colts went all in.

I'm sure the backs and lineman will be cut slightly different just like the others.

It's a good question about the fan/authentic jerseys.

To each his own but I think the Seahawks new uni's are pretty bad. I think Oregon has the second ugliest uniforms in football next to the new Maryland ones. The Colts are an old franchise will protect the brand image like the Packers, Bears, Steelers, Cowboys etc. I'm sure some people out there call Michigan, Texas, Penn St., Alabama etc. uniforms boring, but I would argue they are the best in football because of the tradition. Oregon's look like an acid trip. Oregon had no real football tradition until recently so that is why they had to go off the map and let Phil Knight and Nike do whatever he wanted to make them relevant.

These look exactly the same. There was way too much hype about the new jerseys

Minor differences.

Most of the "Changes" are technical/material changes.

The slight cosmetic changes are the NFL logo replacing the NFL equipment logo on the neck and hip.

NIke Swoosh replaces the reebok logo on the hip and shoulders.

522728_10151470884645721_57460905720_23669898_1603750025_n.jpg558841_10151470884510721_57460905720_23669895_1953729141_n.jpg

The front waist band area has a slight padded overlap at the top of the pants stripe.

546254_10151470883880721_57460905720_23669886_1735327023_n.jpg

It appears the white stripes on the socks(that were their the first year they switched to the gray facemask) are back.(manikin didn't have them, but a picture on the nike page did.)

Very few cosmetic changes NFL wide.