Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2021 Draft Watchlists and Team Fits/ Senior Bowl Week (Merge)

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tutu Atwell with a very questionable pro day:

People being worried about Devonta Smith being 170 pounds... well Atwell just measured at 155. He also had some bad explosion numbers and his speed was not quite as fast as imagined. If you take into account the bump in speed testing players get at pro day vs at the combine. He's a 155 pound guy who likely runs in the high 4.4s. 

And when you  take into account how raw he is technically, I personally would not be drafting him anywhere near day 1 or 2. 

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Tutu Atwell with a very questionable pro day:

People being worried about Devonta Smith being 170 pounds... well Atwell just measured at 155. He also had some bad explosion numbers and his speed was not quite as fast as imagined. If you take into account the bump in speed testing players get at pro day vs at the combine. He's a 155 pound guy who likely runs in the high 4.4s. 

And when you  take into account how raw he is technically, I personally would not be drafting him anywhere near day 1 or 2. 

Yup...   I think Tutu seriously hurt himself in the last few weeks.   I personally wouldn’t go near until R4. 

Ok Payton Turner is definitely hot on our radar now. If we took him with the 54th pick I’d be thrilled. Look at his 3 cone! :woah: This guy is a perfect fit here.

It is also worth noting Payton has over 35 inch arms. Just looks such an exciting prospect, length, size now shows explosiveness and flexibility. He also plays with a high motor and good attitude. Would love if we got him.

Very bad testing from Jordan Smith, his 3 cone is a complete disaster. This could take him out of day 2 actually. Especially as he is a speed rusher.

9 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Ok Payton Turner is definitely hot on our radar now. If we took him with the 54th pick I’d be thrilled. Look at his 3 cone! :woah: This guy is a perfect fit here.

Very bad testing from Jordan Smith, his 3 cone is a complete disaster. This could take him out of day 2 actually. Especially as he is a speed rusher.

Damn... I was so hopeful for Jordan Smith's numbers. Those are concerning on multiple levels - he measured heavier than I expected and the numbers are so bad... he either didn't prepare or he's really not the athlete I thought he was... and I don't know which one is worse. He was my sleeper until today... I think I will have to scratch him off my baord. This thing looks scarily similar to the Polite story. 

On the opposite end - good on Payton Turner ... he won't get out of round 2 IMO. 

14 minutes ago, stitches said:

Damn... I was so hopeful for Jordan Smith's numbers. Those are concerning on multiple levels - he measured heavier than I expected and the numbers are so bad... he either didn't prepare or he's really not the athlete I thought he was... and I don't know which one is worse. He was my sleeper until today... I think I will have to scratch him off my baord. This thing looks scarily similar to the Polite story. 

On the opposite end - good on Payton Turner ... he won't get out of round 2 IMO. 

Polite was the first guy I taught about too when I saw his numbers lol

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

Another guy who scored well was Elerson Smith of Northern Iowa, should be on our radar too for Day 3 in Round 4, IMO.

13 hours ago, stitches said:

Potential trade down partners:

I think the big question here....   what will GB offer to move up?    I’ve seen to different stories which had the Packers offering their two late 4’s.   

We’d like want a 3 and a 5,  but would settle for the 3.   Maybe a 3 and a 6?

I suspect we would like to have a verbal agreement in place depending on who is available when we’re on the clock at 21. 

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I really like him after Turner. TBH I think there’s a good chance we draft one of them if not both. Robinson also has super long arms and is very athletic. He fits the Ballard mold, which I’ll have a topic about soon.

This is why we need to not trade away any picks if at all possible......  

7 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

This is why we need to not trade away any picks if at all possible......  

Agreed. Accumulate more picks if anything. This is a deep draft at Edge, corner, and OT. All of which happen to be needs for the Colts.

On 4/9/2021 at 3:58 PM, stitches said:

Payton Turner Quote

“I’m most comfortable at outside [line]backer, that’s where most teams see me at. I played a year and a half on the edge and had supreme production where I showed versatility along with the ability to rush out of the 3-technique.”

He said the Jags and Cowboys had shown the most interest

Not sure if this says anything or not, (About his interest, and teams taking interest)  But something to "tuck away"

He was on my list of 2nd round guys to consider..... (And still is)

Nice article on one of the players that I think we need to consider at round 1

He seems like a driven kid.

The 4.52 40 at 270 lbs is nice as well......

Fits our LDE spot and kicks inside on passing downs

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2021/03/26/michigans-kwity-paye-has-cleveland-browns-attention-wallet-reminders/6971124002/

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Payton Turner Quote

“I’m most comfortable at outside [line]backer, that’s where most teams see me at. I played a year and a half on the edge and had supreme production where I showed versatility along with the ability to rush out of the 3-technique.”

He said the Jags and Cowboys had shown the most interest

Not sure if this says anything or not, (About his interest, and teams taking interest)  But something to "tuck away"

He was on my list of 2nd round guys to consider..... (And still is)

It’s funny because I was just reading on Twitter that his tape showed he was at his best with his hand in the dirt and that’s also where he’ll make his Mark in the NFL. He also lined up inside from time to time.

Nothing about Turner screams 3-4 OLB.

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It’s funny because I was just reading on Twitter that his tape showed he was at his best with his hand in the dirt and that’s also where he’ll make his Mark in the NFL. He also lined up inside from time to time.

Nothing about Turner screams 3-4 OLB.

I agree, he looks like a 4-3 end..... but what do I know....

14 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

Came across an interesting tweet about Melifonwu, I'd be surprised if he fell to Round 3 being honest.

The possibility of him being available in round 3 would be all the more reason to trade back and try to get a 3rd.

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The possibility of him being available in round 3 would be all the more reason to trade back and try to get a 3rd.

My dream is Nico Collins if we could pick up a 3rd but I'd love if we got Melifonwu, but nonetheless there are going to be good players available in that round, if Ballard can find a way of manufacturing an extra pick.

9 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I mean if that’s true then stand clear of Basham 

I mean, Carlos Basham and Terrell Basham are cousins, but the premise of holding a prospects' relative's shortcomings against them in scouting is pretty ridiculous and lazy (the sentiment echoed in the original tweet as well). 

42 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I wonder if no teams want him after his brother not playing well

No team would want him?

All 32 teams would forget what the player has done in college because he’s related to Terrel Basham?   Seriously?

Dear God, the draft can’t get here soon enough!    Please!   Make it STOP!!!

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No team would want him?

All 32 teams would forget what the player has done in college because he’s related to Terrel Basham?   Seriously?

Dear God, the draft can’t get here soon enough!    Please!   Make it STOP!!!

No need for the Dear God and drama. I was talking about Melifonwu. 

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

No need for the Dear God and drama. I was talking about Melifonwu. 

Does it matter which brother?

You scout the player.   Period.    Just because one member of a family might not work out, doesn’t mean another member won’t.  

And the drama comes you thinking all 32 teams would have no interest for the same reason — the brother.  All 32 teams can barely agree that today is Wednesday.  

All teams see the same thing differently. 

(Sorry, having a bad day here....).   :peek:

On 4/13/2021 at 3:20 AM, Defjamz26 said:

I really like him after Turner. TBH I think there’s a good chance we draft one of them if not both. Robinson also has super long arms and is very athletic. He fits the Ballard mold, which I’ll have a topic about soon.

Just stumbling on this guy. Maybe if we can trade back in the 1st and pick up a 3rd he would be a good option. 
Mocks have him moving up to around the 130 mark but I'd be okay with him in the late 3rd.
1st rd: LT, Cosmi, Jenkins... whomever is there
2nd: Turner
3rd: Robinson :D

On 4/9/2021 at 4:58 PM, stitches said:

Seen recent mocks having Turner going early in Round 2.  Been high on Turner as well so am not surprised that he may go way earlier than originally thought.  

As for Jordan Smith doubt the Colts even have him on their draft board due to character issues running a credit card scheme in college.

Archived