Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2021 Draft Watchlists and Team Fits/ Senior Bowl Week (Merge)

Well....    for what it’s worth....   Chris Ballard was at the Northwestern Pro Day.    I know they have other players to consider.   But I don’t see us trading up for Slater, and would CB need to be in attendance for guys who are most likely mid-round picks?

So it would appear he was there for...  Newsome.     Hmmm?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....    for what it’s worth....   Chris Ballard was at the Northwestern Pro Day.    I know they have other players to consider.   But I don’t see us trading up for Slater, and would CB need to be in attendance for guys who are most likely mid-round picks?

I mean Newsome is good enough where he could make an exception. 

Walker Little tested solid today. Paulson Adebo tested very well.

Another player I find intriguing is Simi Fehoko. A big almost 6’4 220lbs WR that can run (4.42 40). Kind of your Denzel Mims/Chase Claypool type player). I really want a big speedy downfield playmaker on this team. If Ballard can get a trade back a couple of spots in the 1st to pick up a 3rd, I’m looking at the likes of Nico Collins and Simi Fehoko.

5 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

Walker Little tested solid today. Paulson Adebo tested very well.

Another player I find intriguing is Simi Fehoko. A big almost 6’4 220lbs WR that can run (4.42 40). Kind of your Denzel Mims/Chase Claypool type player). I really want a big speedy downfield playmaker on this team. If Ballard can get a trade back a couple of spots in the 1st to pick up a 3rd, I’m looking at the likes of Nico Collins and Simi Fehoko.

Some of these guys were impressive 

3 hours ago, stitches said:

arm length! check. Add him to the CBs the Colts might be interested in. 

He check a lot of boxes, but I'd say he's fairly raw from a technique perspective. He's a converted wideout though, which explains his amazing ball skills.

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

That depends on them bringing back Rhodes. If they don't I also like Newsome. 

Since Rhodes hasn’t been linked to anyone I think Ballard knows next week he can talk with him and TY and get good short term deals done. If not though then yes CB becomes something important for the draft. I still see 21 being the top DE or LT though. 

Just now, DaColts85 said:

Since Rhodes hasn’t been linked to anyone I think Ballard knows next week he can talk with him and TY and get good short term deals done. If not though then yes CB becomes something important for the draft. I still see 21 being the top DE or LT though. 

I'm thinking a solid LT will be available at 54 so will probably be DE at 21.

I'm pretty confident LT will be a rookie.

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm thinking a solid LT will be available at 54 so will probably be DE at 21.

I'm pretty confident LT will be a rookie.

I don’t disagree but Ballard knows the importance of the lines and LT is a bigger deal than DE depending on what happens in FA still. Fans need to understand that Ballard likes no name ascending guys that he gets for cheap but can have 3 or 4 guys to rotate and get some sacks. Rochell could be a 7+ sack guy but no one knows. That’s what he likes IMO. Not that he won’t draft anyone. 

On 3/19/2021 at 4:55 PM, Colt Overseas said:

@danlhart87 your boy crushed his pro day today!

If Chris Ballard was given a ball of clay to make a cornerback, this is what he’d look like :)

I’m actually a big Melifonwu fan as well. His North Carolina tape is some of the best I’ve seen from a corner prospect this year. Like you said, he is what Ballard wants his CB’s to look like. He hits all the metrics except he wasn’t a team captain. But academically, he also qualifies as he was All ACC academics Team and a 5 time honor roll member. 

On 3/15/2021 at 1:59 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah, if I had to guess Newsome is the primary target here. Although... If slater starts falling for some reason...maybe he can make a play for him too.

On 3/21/2021 at 11:39 AM, Colt Overseas said:

Colts were at Cosmi's Pro Day, where he scored a perfect RAS score :woah: . I predict him to be in consideration at 21 

Love me some Cosmi. Can't see a world where he drops to 54. This draft is so loaded at T.

On 3/17/2021 at 6:12 PM, danlhart87 said:

I must've missed this post, but I just started watching some film on Imatorbhebhe. If we go for a mid-round WR, he should be it. Still a bit raw, but my god, what a physical talent. I honestly see a less polished AJ Brown in play style. Oddly enough, I actually found out after I came to that conclusion that he's actually friends with AJ Brown and DK Metcalf, works out with them, and said he sees himself as a mix between the two of them. 

His vertical jump is just silly. He just floats...

From the 2015 Nike Football Rating Championships (he was in HS):

1 minute ago, Shive said:

I must've missed this post, but I just started watching some film on Imatorbhebhe. If we go for a mid-round WR, he should be it. Still a bit raw, but my god, what a physical talent. I honestly see a less polished AJ Brown in play style. Oddly enough, I actually found out after I came to that conclusion that he's actually friends with AJ Brown and DK Metcalf, works out with them, and said he sees himself as a mix between the two of them. 

His vertical jump is just silly. He just floats...

From the 2015 Nike Football Rating Championships (he was in HS):

Kids at National Spelling Bee 

Your word is Imatorbhebhe

shocked spelling bee GIF

Oweh is a tricky evaluation. A rare H/W/S prospect, but it doesn't show up on the tape. I don't know about him, he obviously needs alot of coaching up of his pass rushing moves. Sometimes when I watch him, I kind of think he is one of those guys that is athletically gifted, but his football instincts are slow. Lance Zierlein (who I respect alot as a draft analyst) has him graded higher than Kwity Paye (I think he has Oweh as his top rusher). This is a very intriguing edge rusher class, I bet teams evaluations and rankings are very mixed up at the top.

Not sure this is exhaustive list but it's conspicuous by the absence of Colts personnel at the pro day:

Caleb Farley(who might fall to us because of injury and surgery) and Christian Darrisaw, one of the top OTs in the class, went to Virginia tech and Darrisaw is supposed to work out. 

Jaelan Phillips’ RAS. Incredible. And it shows on tape. Jeremiah rates him as the best pure pass rusher in the draft. If it weren’t for the concussions, I reckon there would be a very high chance we draft him. But after passing on Montez Sweat, I don’t think we will use a first round pick. But the upside is massive.

Philips ran faster than Brevin Jordan lol.

Gregory Rousseau’s numbers were as expected too. Great length and size but well below average explosiveness and agility. And it shows on tape too. He’s got poor get off and bend as an ER, but excellent from the interior.

13 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The injury stuff with Phillips is scary (specifically the concussions), but man does he look like an elite edge prospect. 4.56u at his size is crazy. I think that’s what Clowney ran and Phillips is a way better pass rusher.

And it's not just the athleticism. He looks refined with his technique too. I would much rather us draft him than Rousseau if he's cleared medically... 

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

And it's not just the athleticism. He looks refined with his technique too. I would much rather us draft him than Rousseau if he's cleared medically... 

I think Phillips is edge #1 in the class and way better than Rousseau as a prospect. His motor is relentless too.

Archived