Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

How many people think Dak Prescott is a Franchise type of QB? 

 

If he were let walk this off-season by the Cowboys he is exactly the athlete that our FO may like. He is big, has a big arm, can run well, can run an RPO offense and one that I think can thrive in our community here in Indianapolis.

 

Picking high in the draft there is a chance that Cowboys could take a QB and let Dak walk.

 

Money won't be an issue as ALL of Luck's, Hoyer's, Brissett's and Rivers money will be falling off of the books this offseason!

 

I still love Jacob Eason's potential but I think Dak would be a perfect fit.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

How many people think Dak Prescott is a Franchise type of QB? 

 

If he were let walk this off-season by the Cowboys he is exactly the athlete that our FO may like. He is big, has a big arm, can run well, can run an RPO offense and one that I think can thrive in our community here in Indianapolis.

 

Picking high in the draft there is a chance that Cowboys could take a QB and let Dak walk.

 

Money won't be an issue as ALL of Luck's, Hoyer's, Brissett's and Rivers money will be falling off of the books this offseason!

 

I still love Jacob Eason's potential but I think Dak would be a perfect fit.

I like him but don’t love him.  And it depends on injury recovery too.  I think I’d rather have rivers for one more year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rivers is not better than Dak.  I also saw someone post on another thread that Rivers is a better QB than Watson, Dak, & someone else that I can’t remember.  Foolishness.  Go check the numbers. Don’t know what the bias is against these young QB’s but the bias is clear against some, while guys like Carr & Goff get praised as better young QB’s when their numbers often rise and fall and aren’t consistently great or record breaking. 
 

If it’s about money or injury, then I can understand passing on Dak. But he and Watson are better QB’s and football players than Rivers or Eason are recently/currently.  I’ll take either over Rivers next year.  I’d take Carr over Rivers & Eason too.  And I’m not saying that to hate on Rivers or Eason.  If we decide to roll with either or both next year, I’m cool with that.  But neither are currently better than the young QB’s I listed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smoke317 said:

Rivers is not better than Dak.  I also saw someone post on another thread that Rivers is a better QB than Watson, Dak, & someone else that I can’t remember.  Foolishness.  Go check the numbers. Don’t know what the bias is against these young QB’s but the bias is clear against some, while guys like Carr & Goff get praised as better young QB’s when their numbers often rise and fall and aren’t consistently great or record breaking. 
 

If it’s about money, then I can understand passing on Dak. But he and Watson are better QB’s and football players than Rivers or Eason are recently/currently.  I’ll take either over Rivers next year.  I’d take Carr over Rivers & Eason too.  And I’m not saying that to hate on Rivers or Eason.  If we decide to roll with either or both next year, I’m cool with that.  But neither are currently better than the young QB’s I listed.

 

I'd say it's probably more about scheme fit, as it relates to the Colts and guys like Dak and Watson. And it's about the money for me, more than anything else. I'd take him/Dak in a heartbeat if he wasn't demanding a king's ransom. He'd look totally different in a Reich system IMO.

 

That said, I've never been a huge fan of Dak to be honest, but I do recognize the great numbers he's put up. I also know he's got one of the best supporting casts in the NFL on O too though. which is why I think his value is inflated. Dallas would be stupid to let him go as he's a good fit for what they do, but I can understand their $ concerns.

 

Back to scheme fit, with Reich's pocket dink/dunk + occasional shot, and knowing what QB they took in the draft this year, I just don't think they view Dak as a great match, or great value.

 

Carr does fit the scheme pretty well. Top 5 QBR, good pass rating, high completion %, etc.. He's playing at a very high level, and isn't even a match for what Gruden wants to do.. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Rivers is not better than Dak.  I also saw someone post on another thread that Rivers is a better QB than Watson, Dak, & someone else that I can’t remember.  Foolishness.  Go check the numbers. Don’t know what the bias is against these young QB’s but the bias is clear against some, while guys like Carr & Goff get praised as better young QB’s when their numbers often rise and fall and aren’t consistently great or record breaking. 
 

If it’s about money or injury, then I can understand passing on Dak. But he and Watson are better QB’s and football players than Rivers or Eason are recently/currently.  I’ll take either over Rivers next year.  I’d take Carr over Rivers & Eason too.  And I’m not saying that to hate on Rivers or Eason.  If we decide to roll with either or both next year, I’m cool with that.  But neither are currently better than the young QB’s I listed.


I think I remember that thread where someone said Watson was overrated.  There are few teams in the league that wouldn’t take Watson in a heartbeat. He is a fantastic QB and loved watching him since his Clemson days. Definitely top 10 in my book. He still needs a team around him but he elevates those around him. He is the main reason I keep saying a split with them this season would not surprise me one bit.  
 

As for Dak, he is also a good QB but not worth the 35-40million he was rumored to want. 25 million a year would be fair and he could turn this team into a Super Bowl contender. That’s if he recovers from his injury and the team maintains a solid defense.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you who just popped in to poo poo on the thread saying he's overrated, or the media makes him better may want to look at his regular season stats and post-season stats (though he is 1-2).

 

His career trajection is reminiscent to Big Bens in that they are a running team who thrives off of the play action who transitioned into a true pocket passer who can escape the pocket and run.

 

Google can be your friend sometimes my friends.....

 

Also, they are currently getting throttled by The Football Team and sit in the top 3 in the draft.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

For those of you who just popped in to poo poo on the thread saying he's overrated, or the media makes him better may want to look at his regular season stats and post-season stats (though he is 1-2).

 

His career trajection is reminiscent to Big Bens in that they are a running team who thrives off of the play action who transitioned into a true pocket passer who can escape the pocket and run.

 

Google can be your friend sometimes my friends.....

 

Also, they are currently getting throttled by The Football Team and sit in the top 3 in the draft.....

If they finish with the 3rd pick they can do what Ballard did and trade back and get a boatload of picks and pay Dak and build around him.  Jerry says he loves Dak.  I guess we will know what they will do soon enough.  But if they let him go for a rookie QB that should say buyer beware.  Especially in that division.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 7:58 PM, richard pallo said:

If they finish with the 3rd pick they can do what Ballard did and trade back and get a boatload of picks and pay Dak and build around him.  Jerry says he loves Dak.  I guess we will know what they will do soon enough.  But if they let him go for a rookie QB that should say buyer beware.  Especially in that division.  

Why? We cut ties with a 1st Ballot HOFer to draft Luck. They have Cooper, Lamb and Gallup in place to catch the ball and Zeke to run it. You draft the young stud for 4-5 years on a rookie contract and let Dak walk.

 

Then you just freed up money for the defense....

 

They are surely thinking about both ramifications, but business should always take precedence over feelings...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Nadine locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...