Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's Pro Day Reactions

BNS

Don't forget even though pro-day doesn't mean much Luck was playing in the elements (wind) and being chased around by a broom and other objects you wouldn't want to be chased around by. Sheesh I would rather be chased around by Mario Willams than.......................

broomm.jpg

Excuse my ignorance but I thought the term was Pass Rush not Pass Brush!

Seen highlights of both Pro Days, nothing unexpected really. Though I do think Luck was making a point about his arm strength by throwing into the wind etc. Felt that RG's day was a bit more gaudy(?). I was more impressed with Luck's interview afterwards, I know these days they're coached on the media stuff too but seemed to come across as a having a genuine love of what he was doing and the desire to make it at the next level.

I'd say he's the best fit all round to be the next Franchise QB for the Colts not just for his potential ability. Quietly looking forward to next season, I don't expect a winning one ,but certainly can't be as bad as last time around!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse my ignorance but I thought the term was Pass Rush not Pass Brush!

Hah I agree with most of your previous post. However, for one to learn they must NOT doubt the pass BRUSH haha . As a wise man once said, when you can balance a tact hammer on your head, you will fend off your foes with a balanced attack!!!!!!

Well I am sold on this kid. Lets get him in here, put a horseshoe on him and get to work! I'll be getting my Luck jersey the minute they sign him and determine what number he will wear!

I also second most's opinions on Griffin... Seems like the type that once he is in the NFL and surrounded by money and fame will go south and implode... Pull a Vick or a Young... Just doesn't seem mature enough and kinda like the fame has already gone to his head. Time will tell I suppose.

Hah I agree with most of your previous post. However, for one to learn they must NOT doubt the pass BRUSH haha . As a wise man once said, when you can balance a tact hammer on your head, you will fend off your foes with a balanced attack!!!!!!

Lol....forgot about that one!

After reading all the comments made… Including the actual commentary from the NFL on his pro day. I think Luck is going to be the right fit, for a Manning type of team. I don’t know if that’s what they are building though.

This is the part that scares me, are they building a Vick type ball team or a Manning type?? With the Center they just chose (giaganto islander with speed) and the keeping the short pass Reggie Wayne receiver… I’m thinking they are going with a speed run Vick type offense. Which means they are going to have to build back up the Dungy defense for all the missed rush plays they are going to try to pull off. If they are building this team RGIII is the guy.

I don’t think they are going to have the same team play as before at all. With Garcon, Gonzalez, and Pollak Gone (big guard) this is going to be a fast paced team not looking for a 40 yard pass.

So, then it comes down to the fans twittering to an owner all day who actually reads this stuff and sometimes listens to his coaching staff. Which is why we wound up with 3 Quarterbacks last year. I say we should have kept the one that started winning games from last year (but we didn’t) and use them in tangent with whichever 1st rounder they pick.

I wasnt a Luck Believer before his proday, and even after im still kind of skeptical, but not as much really, because I seen him throw the ball deep several times on the money, in the wind. He was dropping the ball right on the guys and made look as if he was still warming up. He did have the guy with the broom as pressure, but that really isnt any where close to the pressure of a whole defense. so Yes he did great against the little pressure he had and was able to keep his eyes down the field and make the throws.

He also did the quick throw with no drop backs. and every time the ball went right to the receiver, some throws on this drill were a little high but regardless they made it to the receiver and quickly. I would be happy to have Luck over RG really. RGs day was indoors and with his proday his drop backs were sketchy for me for some reason, his PA Passes just werent selling me that he was faking a hand off as good as Lucks did. and RG3, almost every pass I seen from him was a bootleg type motion, and Im not a huge fan of that. Luck stayed in the pocket and drop the ball on his receivers, 30, 40, 50, and 70 yards out. no problem

It will be funny to see all the manning fans who jumped ship come running back to catch the bandwagon once luck starts.

Manning was great and takes his place alongside Unitas in the lithany of legendary Colts. But this offseason shows that the Horseshoe will make its own Luck. It's all about the franchise as a whole not individuals.

lol....classic. "Pass Brush". I'm out of 'likes'....someone do him up with a few for that remark.

Why thank you.

After reading all the comments made… Including the actual commentary from the NFL on his pro day. I think Luck is going to be the right fit, for a Manning type of team. I don’t know if that’s what they are building though.

This is the part that scares me, are they building a Vick type ball team or a Manning type?? With the Center they just chose (giaganto islander with speed) and the keeping the short pass Reggie Wayne receiver… I’m thinking they are going with a speed run Vick type offense. Which means they are going to have to build back up the Dungy defense for all the missed rush plays they are going to try to pull off. If they are building this team RGIII is the guy.

I don’t think they are going to have the same team play as before at all. With Garcon, Gonzalez, and Pollak Gone (big guard) this is going to be a fast paced team not looking for a 40 yard pass.

So, then it comes down to the fans twittering to an owner all day who actually reads this stuff and sometimes listens to his coaching staff. Which is why we wound up with 3 Quarterbacks last year. I say we should have kept the one that started winning games from last year (but we didn’t) and use them in tangent with whichever 1st rounder they pick.

The team is certainly heading in a different direction but from what I can gather Stanford was quite a run orientated offense so might be not a bad thing. Manning's college days were well before my time, so I can't comment with any certainty, but I get the impression he was a mostly a pocket passer whereas Luck has shown he has the mobility aspect to his game in addition to the pre-snap smarts. Think he'll certainly need it with some of the pressure the OL will bleed next year!

Although I think both Luck and RG3 are good prospects I'm a firm believer that a lot of the debate of Luck vs RGIII has been stirred up by media sources to keep interest in the draft. Takes away some of the suspense when the top 3 picks have been nailed on for a while now.... even pre Redskins trade (on the basis that whoever traded up was trading up to take RG).

Wrote an article on it yesterday:

Andrew Luck looked great at Stanford in the tough winds, and seemed happy with his performance. This day just cemented his status as the top player in the draft.

On Thursday, Andrew Luck threw 52 passes, and completed 48 of them, with 3 of those incompletions being drops. He overthrew a receiver on a corner route, and that was his only incompletion. He showed good mobility, good accuracy and most importantly, he silenced the critics by launching a 75 yard pass on the money to Chris Owusu.

Luck was satisfied with his performance saying that he "Made the throws he needed to make." Luck had to throw in 15mph winds on a cold day to further add to the great performance.

Luck started out shaky with a couple of iffy throws, but relaxed, took a couple of deep breaths and just went out a fired 46 great passes. This was praised by many at the stadium, including NFL Draft analyst Mike Mayock and Clyde Christenson.

Luck is a confident QB who seems to be ignoring the skeptics, those very same skeptics who said that he had no arm strength. He proved them wrong. After the workout, he said that "he's confident in his own football skills" which shows he's not only confident, but ready to take up the task of being a franchise QB.

Luck is expected to be the first overall pick by the Colts, and this was a good sign for the Colts.

Are you saying Manning had more time than Brady in the pocket to scan, decide, and throw? I really hope not, in my opinion it's quite the opposite. One of the reasons Brady is so good is because he can take his time to scan the field, put him behind our o-line from the last few years and I will bet you see plenty of chinks in that armor. I can literally recall numerous moments from last year alone that Brady had 7+ seconds to throw, for QB thats an eternity.

With the excpetion of last year. The colts, for that year and the 8 year prior had the best QB pass/sack ratio in the league. People complained about our O-line a lot, but honestly it was against the Chargers and Steelers only. Every other team we had good protection, and Manning was getting rid of the ball quickly.

Brady, however, I don't care who was rushing, when they played us, they played against our weakness to offset our strength. So they just threw crosses and Slants all day long, no way we could sack Brady that way.

I remember Brady having the most time to throw, (Brees too) when Freeney was injured...remember that?

The pats have continued that style of play...all he needs is 2-3 seconds against teams with weak secondaries. It's a brilliant strategy, and Logical.

My criticism of Luck is only he has no parallel to Peyton, and is more like Tom Brady.....and we need a heck of a team to develop him.

A player is only as good as his team...despite what people tell you.

Thanks for posting that video NewEra. I didn't get to see Luck in college, but if even 80% of this video is true, this kid is going to be fun to watch. We'll never be able to replace Peyton, but there's a lot to look forward to in Luck and the future that lies ahead.