Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's Pro Day Reactions

BNS

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But does he look any better than Griffin did yesterday? RG3 set the pro-day bar kinda high. Not that it matters as I think Colts have already made their decision.

Luck is throwing in strong winds, you cant really compare

Outside of the last pass, there really wasn't anything that we're not used to seeing from Luck.

This was more of a showcase for the receivers. Whalen's draft stock rose by an entire round and Fleener should be a lock for a first round pick

Owusu reminded everyone just how questionable his hands are and it might cost him in the draft.

He looks effortless when he throws.. I'm no pro scout, but he has fluid movements when rolling out and avoiding the pressure(broomstick) and always puts the ball in catchable spots. He led Owusu into the endzone on his last throw, which the ESPN guys said he threw from the opposite 23 yd line. I think his arm strength is just fine.

Luck looked really good for a guy just winging it around with no pads.

One thing I did like was that he was throwing into a windy environment and the 70+ bomb to the WR and he dropped it when it was right in his hands.

And the fact that he only technically made one bad throw, the rest were on target and looked like great spirals.

Looks like a lock to be the Colts new QB

I know this was a scripted situation with familiar receivers, but I was very impressed. His footwork was amazing, nearly all of his throws were where they needed to be and allowed the receivers to make a move after a completion. The variable of the wind added to how impressive it was, as it was in far from a controlled environment. The 70+ yard toss into the wind after making 50 throws was staggering. He was effortless in his delivery, put it right on the money, and looked like he could have put some extra yardage on it no problem.

Thought it was funny they said it was probably the Skins who requested the 70 yard throw.

For people who are trying to compare pro days for RG3 and Luck, RG3 is always going to look a bit more impressive in that situation. He throws a beautiful ball that just looks nice coming out. And as others have mentioned Luck had his in the wind. But, Vick throws as pretty of a ball as there is; does that mean he's the best passer? Of course not. Luck is from the Manning mold, RG3 is more of the Vick mold. RG3 has better accuracy than Vick, but he still hasn't showed the intangibles that Luck has.

His footwork is tremedous. Also, his ability to dodge the guy with the broom and get back into throwing motion with such quickness is remarkable.

Threw one ball to the left while running left and it was spot on. Very impressive pro day for Luck so far.

There have been two drops, but every pass has basically been a completion.

Yea, if NFL defenses start using brooms, WE ARE SET!

For people who are trying to compare pro days for RG3 and Luck, RG3 is always going to look a bit more impressive in that situation. He throws a beautiful ball that just looks nice coming out. And as others have mentioned Luck had his in the wind. But, Vick throws as pretty of a ball as there is; does that mean he's the best passer? Of course not. Luck is from the Manning mold, RG3 is more of the Vick mold. RG3 has better accuracy than Vick, but he still hasn't showed the intangibles that Luck has.

You are right.

Peyton threw one of the ugliest balls I've ever seen.

He looked great, which is no surprise. He has all the physical attributes you can ask for.

I haven't watched too many Stanford games, from what the experts say he has the mental part of the game too. IMO that's more important. There have been a lot of physical specimens who bust in the NFL because they can't make the quick decision.

You know how we loved it when teams would try to blitz Peyton? That's what I'm hoping for from Andrew.

Vince Young looked good coming out after his junior year, he also ran a similar spread offense at Texas than RGIII at Baylor.

The whole key for guys like Steve Young, Cunningham, McNair, Tebow, McNabb, Vick, Cam and other great scrambling QB's is can they convert to a pocket passer that uses the run only as a secondary option when the protection breaks down. If not they will have the lifespan of a rb.

Regardless, I've been sold on Luck since the bowl game where he completed 27-31 passes. His presnap adjuments look identical to Peyton's, like he patterned his style directly from the source (Manning Passing Academy).

Sign him already!

You are right.

Peyton threw one of the ugliest balls I've ever seen.

And by most accounts, Manning didn't have a good pro day. But Polian's memory of the interview process at the combine that year was Peyton showed up with a legal pad full of questions about the Colts, and Leaf didn't show up - he missed the meeting. So pro day showcases aren't nearly as important as the body of work, the maturity, and on and on...