Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why would he do that?

Bdg57

Can someone please tell me why Tom Moore would end up working for the hatedJets if he was suppose to retire? Did he get an offer he couldn't refuse?Is he mad at the Colts organization?Is he gonna betray the Jets & give them bad advice?I only hope it's the the case at least.

Word is we weren't interested in him being back.

TBH, between the way he and Howard Mudd have left, it seems perfectly sane to me to suggest that they might not like Caldwell...

Mudd's departure is especially troubling. To retire from his position for a year only to turn around and un-retire to coach the Eagles line? Seems quite fishy to me.

TBH, between the way he and Howard Mudd have left, it seems perfectly sane to me to suggest that they might not like Caldwell...

Mudd's departure is especially troubling. To retire from his position for a year only to turn around and un-retire to coach the Eagles line? Seems quite fishy to me.

Caldwell wants his own staff & that's that , a true shame experience that left is of immeasurable value

Caldwell wants his own staff & that's that , a true shame experience that left is of immeasurable value

Yep....out with the old, in with the new. Too bad for us the old garnered a record winning streak, two conference chamionships and and and and and....

yea that def seems to be the case, 2 of our long time members just up and vanish. One unretiting hmmmm Mr. Caldwell. But i cant knock him...he wants his own staff not remnants of Dungy's etc...

yea that def seems to be the case, 2 of our long time members just up and vanish. One unretiting hmmmm Mr. Caldwell. But i cant knock him...he wants his own staff not remnants of Dungy's etc...

I have a hard time coming to terms with the notion we just let Mudd walk. We've been blockingly challenged for a few years now, and he's been the thing that's made us better than we were on the O-line. He's arguably the best O-line coach in the league, and one of the best of all time. I don't know why you'd want to replace that, which is why I think he decided to just get out on his own.

It's very strange in my mind... The release/firing of Gene Huey after last season also bothered me, and still does. I mean here's a guy who coached up a young Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, Dom Rhodes, and Addai, and all are certified great backs in this system... I can't see it as him doing wrong by us with Brown because truth be told, Brown doesn't really fit this system. And it's certainly not his fault that our running game has been bad these past couple years...

When John Teerlinck runs, or is run out of town I'll be quite worried about what's going on with our coaching staff...

We haven't been a good enough run team for awhile. Of course we all want Mannning upright , but as been witnessed over the past couple seasons we are all fortunate to have Peyton...let's move ahead as a multi dimensional offense and a toughh O Line whose ready to drive their opponets back and open huge holes for our rb's to run through...I like the additions of Castanzo & Illajino..bigger, stronger,younger..Go Colts!

He's not really working for them - he's just "consulting" and all that means is putting time aside every week to help review game film. He's not going to be a sideline presence

Howard Mudd on the other hand....

This is true. Remember though, both he and Mudd had to 'retire' or miss out due to some pension clause.

They're both old. They both spoke of retiring before they actually left the Colts. We transitioned Moore out pretty nicely, I thought, given the circumstances. And he doesn't want to do the day to day anymore. He's 71 years old, and he's basically a film analyst for the Jets at this point. He's probably going to help their defense as much as he helps their offense, to be honest, since he won't have the intimate interaction with the quarterback. And I doubt Shanahan would want to share his offense with another coordinator, regardless of his reputation. I'm happy Moore found a role that allows him the best of both worlds; I'm kind of jealous, actually, as I would LOVE to have his job. But it's just a situation where it was time to move on.

We're probably a little jaded, considering the small amount of staff turnover there's been over the years for this team. For any quarterback to have one offensive coordinator for 12 years is unusual. Even on successful teams. Compare with Tom Brady, who has had half a dozen. Some fans kind of fell in love with the staff, and think something nefarious is happening because some senior members are moving on. I just think it's normal for assistants to be replaced over time. I don't know why we got rid of Gene Huey, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. Not so long as his replacement is competent.

We haven't been a good enough run team for awhile. Of course we all want Mannning upright , but as been witnessed over the past couple seasons we are all fortunate to have Peyton...let's move ahead as a multi dimensional offense and a toughh O Line whose ready to drive their opponets back and open huge holes for our rb's to run through...I like the additions of Castanzo & Illajino..bigger, stronger,younger..Go Colts!

Our offensive line will never drive their opponents back, because that's not the scheme we run. We aren't a mindless, push a guy forward regardless blocking mechanism. We run a very finesse, athletic, zone-blocking scheme that is all about assignment football. That will not change as long as this system is in place, and Manning's remaining time is too short to create upheaval now.

First I think gene huey got shafted..yes howard mudd is a good oline coach..but I also think he was somewhat at fault for running game woes..mudd does not like working witn highly drafted players.he prefers lower round and undrafted fa..I thinl a lack of run blocking talent from some of these guys was and is problem..sometimes mudd could be right(jake scott for one)..but look at ugoh and pollack they did/are not doing squat on par with where they were picked..tarik glenn and adam meadows were picked before mudd goy here..and I think before ugoh/pollack the highest we drafted a lineman under mudd was diem(4th rd)steve mckinney(4th rd)and steve scuillo(4th rd)...im sorry brandon burlsworth was a third rd but he sadly died soon after we drafted him...

my guess would be either mudd nor moore were too happy when caldwell was named HC instead of one of them

Oh Good Lord......... :rolleyes:

Mudd and Moore are both pushing 70!!!!!! Neither has ever had a inkling to become a head coach. Moore has turned down several offers through the years.

Could it be that salary demands were not met and parties decided to part ways amicably? Manning runs this O, Moore is not needed and has not been for several years.

Now Mudd was a valuable asset. But, I imagine he wanted payed for his services and the Colts declined. I am sure it has zero to do with Caldwell.

Oh Good Lord......... :rolleyes:

Mudd and Moore are both pushing 70!!!!!! Neither has ever had a inkling to become a head coach. Moore has turned down several offers through the years.

Could it be that salary demands were not met and parties decided to part ways amicably? Manning runs this O, Moore is not needed and has not been for several years.

Now Mudd was a valuable asset. But, I imagine he wanted payed for his services and the Colts declined. I am sure it has zero to do with Caldwell.

moore stuck around because of peyton. im sure he would have loved to be the HC with peyton

moore stuck around because of peyton. im sure he would have loved to be the HC with peyton

Tom Moore had ZERO desire to be a HC. He said as much on many occasions. He was/is an offensive mind. Its wasnt he couldnt have been a HC. He chose not to be..

Honestly, Moore established a new level of offensive consistency, so he'll be missed. But with Mudd, let's face it, the run blocking has been an obvious weakness and while the sack totals have been low, it's because Peyton releases the ball so early and so quickly preventing sacks. I've said for a long time, as good as Peyton has been, can you imagine if he had another second or two in the pocket like many QBs in the league have had.