Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which recently injured player would you protect?

Lawrence Owen

The Colts have had their fair share of injuries the past few seasons.

Many of these players were either expected to have good/great years, or contribute much more than they did, because of their season being cut short.

If there was a single player on the roster right now, whom has had injuries in the past 3 seasons, that you could put imaginary 'bubble wrap' around to guarantee they don't get injured this season, who would it be?

Mine = Kemoko Turay.

There are many players i'd want to have a healthy season, Hilton/Campbell/Hooker/ect.

But to me, I truly believe if Turay had not had that season ending injury last year, he could have seriously broken out.

I am praying for a healthy season for him, because having him on all the passing downs for the season with the rest of the talent we have on the front 7, I think he could have a massive season.

He was leading the NFL last season in QB pressures per snap, before he was hurt. Not to mention that he was held so many times, and it was not called.  I mean blatant holding.  Because he is a real issue for O-linemen.  Just so fast, with great bend, and his hand/arm work is stellar since he's been working with Mathis.

A full healthy season, I could easily see him getting 10+ sacks.

I agree Turay was my first thought that came into my mind for those obvious reasons you mentioned but I also thought of Fountain too. 

What our receiving crew ended up being last year was a medical nightmare. 

TYs age is one to keep in mind plus the injury concern.

Then Campbell, is he going to take the next step? 

IMO Pascal will continue doing what he did last season and make a play went he is thrown to. 

On to Pittman and Patmon, how fast they can get used to playing with the pros. 

There are a couple of other WRs on the roster that may get in the mix as well.

I hope Ballard hit this 5th rd pick over the fence. (at least a triple anyway) 

I mean.... isn't the obvious answer Rivers? I know he has been a bit of an iron man his whole career, but at this point he certainly isn't getting any younger, and lets be real, the alternatives to Rivers are not ideal at this point in time.

We know what Jacoby has to offer, and it is about 8-8....
Eason straight up isn't ready.
Do we really trust Chad *Swag* Kelly to take us to the playoffs and potentially win a SB?

All previous posts have made great arguments about TY, Turray, Campbell, etc etc etc.... but there are other players at those positions who can potentially step up and fill in those spots. We are pretty much all in on Rivers if we are going to have a successful season.

4 hours ago, Chucklez said:

I mean.... isn't the obvious answer Rivers? I know he has been a bit of an iron man his whole career, but at this point he certainly isn't getting any younger, and lets be real, the alternatives to Rivers are not ideal at this point in time.

Do we really trust Chad *Swag* Kelly to take us to the playoffs and potentially win a SB?

All previous posts have made great arguments about TY, Turray, Campbell, etc etc etc.... but there are other players at those positions who can potentially step up and fill in those spots. We are pretty much all in on Rivers if we are going to have a successful season.

Check out the name of the thread. 

4 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

It's got to be Rivers.  He's the starting QB and the most important singular player on the field if we're going to make a deep playoff run.  

Welcome to destination we've makey'ed and mistakey... population, you and me.

see the previous 4 or 5 comments or so and you will see what i mean. :)

On 8/12/2020 at 7:03 AM, Chucklez said:

Seeing Chad Kelly pull a Nick Foles and win a Super Bowl would be incredible. First...because my Colts won the Super Bowl...but second...because this place would explode.

6 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Seeing Chad Kelly pull a Nick Foles and win a Super Bowl would be incredible. First...because my Colts won the Super Bowl...but second...because this place would explode.

This would be hilarious tbh :D.

Though you are right, the forum would explode and we would never hear the end of it from the Chad "Swag" Kelly believers....

I'd go w/ TY, Leonard or Ryan Kelly (not that he was injured last year, but in previous seasons he has been).

Kelly is a pro-bowl, borderline all-pro C and does a great job keeping our QB upright.

Darius is the captain of our defense and an all-pro level LBer who makes a lot of plays.  IMO, he was sorely missed as both a leader and a playmaker when he was out of the lineup last year.

I lean towards TY though, as his impact seems to be the most noticeable in terms of overall team performance when he's not in the lineup compared to others like Hooker, Turay, Campbell, etc.  Even two years ago in the playoffs when he was noticeably slower with his calf injury, our offensive dynamic was quite a bit different.

On 8/12/2020 at 2:26 PM, Valpo2004 said:

It's got to be Rivers.  He's the starting QB and the most important singular player on the field if we're going to make a deep playoff run.  

Yep. God help us if Rivers gets injured and we have to look see Brissett at QB again.

It would be time to watch other teams on TV.

Archived