Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Today Is The Day.

vinatierifan4

Andrew Luck's proday is today, time to see if he is worth our pick.

It's a coordinated dog and pony show. The last 3 years of Luck's college career was the time to see if he's worth our pick.

I say yes. If any QB not named Peyton has ever been worth a #1 overall, it's Luck.

It's a coordinated dog and pony show. The last 3 years of Luck's college career was the time to see if he's worth our pick.

I say yes. If any QB not named Peyton has ever been worth a #1 overall, it's Luck.

well yeah i agree, but i figured if luck came out and blew out his shoulder or something then he wouldn't be worth the number 1 pick in my opinion.

well yeah i agree, but i figured if luck came out and blew out his shoulder or something then he wouldn't be worth the number 1 pick in my opinion.

Ya think?

Gonna be fun to watch him chuck the pigskin today. Any word on the Colts presence there? I would expect Pagano and Irsay to make a visit.

Ya think?

Gonna be fun to watch him chuck the pigskin today. Any word on the Colts presence there? I would expect Pagano and Irsay to make a visit.

From NFL.com - "Colts general manager Ryan Grigson, head coach Chuck Pagano and quarterbacks coach Clyde Christensen are scheduled to be in Waco, Texas, on Wednesday for Robert Griffin III's pro day at Baylor, according to The Indianapolis Star. The trio then will take off to Palo Alto, Calif., to check out Andrew Luck at Stanford's pro day on Thursday."

Ya think?

Irsay wasn't there yesterday, so that would be quite telling. Daniel Snyder WAS, but that says more about him being a know-nothing-control-freak than anything. I wonder if he comes to see Luck too.

Grigson had walking pneumonia yesterday, so I can't imagine that he would be there. That's not great by the way. What if Griffin turns out to be the greatest thing since string cheese, and we missed it because the brilliant new talent evaluator we hired happened to get sick on the wrong day. One of those little quirks of history. Hopefully he gets better soon. As long as he doesn't get drafting pneumonia we should be fine.

From NFL.com - "Colts general manager Ryan Grigson, head coach Chuck Pagano and quarterbacks coach Clyde Christensen are scheduled to be in Waco, Texas, on Wednesday for Robert Griffin III's pro day at Baylor, according to The Indianapolis Star. The trio then will take off to Palo Alto, Calif., to check out Andrew Luck at Stanford's pro day on Thursday."

Good job. Thank you.

I believe Griggs had Pneumonia, if thats what you're referring to.

That was what I was referring to. I usually prefer to fact check before posting, but was in a hurry and got a little quick with the reply. Thanks for the correction.

am I totally out of luck (no pun intended) to have access to Watch ESPN if I have Directv?

It's asking me to sign in and verify my my cable provider to watch.

AKA...is this possible to watch, online without subscribing to "cable" tv?

I have Directv. You might need to subscribe to their sports package to get some of the wierder ESPN stations. I wasn't planning on watching it live myself. They will cover it in endless detail on the NFL network later (look for "path to the draft" - probably repeated several times).

---

Actually I see that you said "sign in". Are you talking online? I don't understand what difference your cable provider would make when it comes to that.

You should be able to watch it online at ESPN3 at 2pm eastern. Probably every tedious minute. I think that it's going to be on NFL network at 3 as well.

Edited by MAC

You can watch the Cardinal's pro day at 11 a.m. Pacific/2 p.m. Eastern on ESPN3.

I went to this link and it prompted me to sign in to my cable provider. I actually have Comcast for internet and I signed in and seems to be working for me now.

I went to this link, and

I have Directv. You might need to subscribe to their sports package to get some of the wierder ESPN stations. I wasn't planning on watching it live myself. They will cover it in endless detail on the NFL network later (look for "path to the draft" - probably repeated several times).

---

Actually I see that you said "sign in". Are you talking online? I don't understand what difference your cable provider would make when it comes to that.

Yes I'm trying to be able to watch it at work when it comes on.

I went to this link and it prompted me to sign in to my cable provider. I actually have Comcast for internet and I signed in and seems to be working for me now.

Wierd. I went there and it recognized me, but I'm not sure why. I think that I was messing around with it a few months ago and watched a cricket match or something.

I don't remember a sign in process from back then, and I don't know why they would need to try to make that connection. It's "just another web site" as far as I know.

Wierd. I went there and it recognized me, but I'm not sure why. I think that I was messing around with it a few months ago and watched a cricket match or something.

I don't remember a sign in process from back then, and I don't know why they would need to try to make that connection. It's "just another web site" as far as I know.

Well i'm sure it's purely corporate documentation to make sure nobody is watching anything on their network for free.

I just hope he doesnt have a bad day or the media is going to pitch a major tent for RGIII...

It's a coordinated dog and pony show.

LOL yes indeed! RGIIIs workout yesterday was a laugher. 2-3 throws, review script, get drink, 2-3 throws, review script, get drink, 2-3 throws, review script, get drink, 2-3 throws, review script, get drink .... you get the picture.

I think it'll be on ESPNU as well.

I was looking for it on my iPad to record on my DVR but I didn't see it, Just saw it on NFL Network. I tried to DVR Baylors pro day yesterday and guess what...it was interrupted by an hour long edition of Saints Bounty news. Thanks NFL network!

Andrew Luck's proday is today, time to see if he is worth our pick.

A 31-7 record at Stanford versus some pretty stiff competition every year, completed 67% of his passes and threw 82 td's versus only 22 int's for his career.........has been WIDELY regarded as the consensus number 1 pick and number 1 quarterback the last two years!

I am pretty sure he has proven his worth already! :-)

It's a coordinated dog and pony show.

Amen to that judging by what I've seen of RG3's. I suppose though there still is the element of the pressure of the scouts watching and you still have to deliver even under helpful conditions. I read somewhere that the Pro Days were meant to be a chance for players to take the feedback from the teams at the combine and show they are willing to work at any issue that were brought up.

Either way the old cliché of form is temporary and class is permanent is going to get trotted our here. 1 good season does not a summer make, and even though a good college career is no guarantee of NFL success, Luck's numbers deserve some respect certainly given they were over multiple seasons.

Amen to that judging by what I've seen of RG3's. I suppose though there still is the element of the pressure of the scouts watching and you still have to deliver even under helpful conditions. I read somewhere that the Pro Days were meant to be a chance for players to take the feedback from the teams at the combine and show they are willing to work at any issue that were brought up.

Either way the old cliché of form is temporary and class is permanent is going to get trotted our here. 1 good season does not a summer make, and even though a good college career is no guarantee of NFL success, Luck's numbers deserve some respect certainly given they were over multiple seasons.

Yes, which is why RG3 took his snaps from under center. Teams wanted to see him do that since he was always in the shotgun at Baylor.

I think we'll see Luck demonstrate some fixes to issues that have been talked about like : Patting the ball before he throws to a target or putting to much air underneath a pass down field. Should be fun to watch.

If any of you don't watch this pro day, you're a communist, hater and most importantly a tree hater. That's right I said it a tree hater. If you don't watch his pro day you hate the Stanford Carinal.

stanford+cardinal+mascot.jpg

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of the Stanford Cardinal mascot.

If any of you don't watch this pro day, you're a communist, hater and most importantly a tree hater. That's right I said it a tree hater. If you don't watch his pro day you hate the Stanford Carinal.

stanford+cardinal+mascot.jpg

This has been a public service announcement on behalf of the Stanford Cardinal mascot.

that thing is nasty lol