Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would we have drafted the same??

Trace Pyott

My Question is do you think we would of changed anything during this draft if luck were still under center?  For instance would we have focused more on defense knowing luck could make an offense good on his own?  Would we have drafted the same if luck was a member of this team?  Just a random hypothetical to think about and discuss for fun .

47 minutes ago, Trace Pyott said:

My Question is do you think we would of changed anything during this draft if luck were still under center?  For instance would we have focused more on defense knowing luck could make an offense good on his own?  Would we have drafted the same if luck was a member of this team?  Just a random hypothetical to think about and discuss for fun .

The only thing that likely changes is the drafting of Easton. 

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

The only thing that likely changes is the drafting of Easton. 

I disagree.   Only because I think our draft position would have been different.  I'm assuming we'd be drafting around the #22 range.   So we likely wouldn't have made the trade for Buckner.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I disagree.   Only because I think our draft position would have been different.  I'm assuming we'd be drafting around the #22 range.   So we likely wouldn't have made the trade for Buckner.  

Agree about the trade.  No way SF would have projected Kinlaw would last til late-mid first round.

That being said, the highest priority this year would have been beefing up the D-Line.  Other than that we would still be looking to get replacements for WR and another RB.  

8 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Agree about the trade.  No way SF would have projected Kinlaw would last til late-mid first round.

That being said, the highest priority this year would have been beefing up the D-Line.  Other than that we would still be looking to get replacements for WR and another RB.  

I think RB may have taken a back seat since the D-line and WR would have been so much of a need.  

Imagine the team we have NOW, if we were able to talk Andrew into coming back for at least 5 years, after this season is over... i know it wont happen... but we couldnt have built THIS team WITH Andrew...but now that we already have Buckner and our other picks... whoa, this team would be scary good with Luck.

I still think Taylor or Swift would have been in play at RB.  No reason we couldn't have made the run the Titans made.  Tannehill had like 2 games under 150 yards passing in the playoffs.  Luck could have managed that.  So drafting later, I think we would have taken an OT late first and still taken a back and receiver in the 2nd.

9 hours ago, Myles said:

I still think we’d been able to make the trade but it’d likely cost more than just our 1st

Archived