Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucs trying to trade OJ Howard

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

I loved Howard coming out of college and I thought he's a can't miss prospect. Well I might have been wrong. He hasn't been good so far in the NFL. Probably a worthy flyer to take with a 4th-5th rounder but I personally wouldn't give up higher pick than that for him.

Well if it’s true there is a riff with Arians it’s probably because Arians isn’t using him much in the passing game. His stats are pretty good considering he is used more as a blocker and like stated above he only started 8 games in 2018 and still played pretty well. I think Rivers  like Luck loves TE. This system uses TE a lot. I think he could teach his potential here. If we could get him for 4th that might be a steal.

29 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well if it’s true there is a riff with Arians it’s probably because Arians isn’t using him much in the passing game. His stats are pretty good considering he is used more as a blocker and like stated above he only started 8 games in 2018 and still played pretty well. I think Rivers  like Luck loves TE. This system uses TE a lot. I think he could teach his potential here. If we could get him for 4th that might be a steal.

Definite steal for a 4th.   I would bet they have already received a number of 4th rd offers. 

16 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

I think the bucs have enough young CBs.

I know they have that one tall CB that had a good rookie season. Carlton Davis I think us his name. Forgot who the other is (Jameal Dean?), but I figured since they moved on from Hargreaves, they could use some depth. If they’re set with CBs then, I’d just give them a 4th. For the same pick you could probably get Albert O or Harrison Bryant anyways. Or see if they want Tyquan Lewis :lol:

4 hours ago, Shive said:

I mean, he had 34 rec, 565 yds and 5 TDs with starting 8 games in 2018, before getting put on IR, which isn't bad at all. He was pretty comparable to Austin Hooper & Evan Ingram in production on less targets.

He was on pace for a top 5 position until he got hurt. 

So basically, you have a rookie season...where TEs historically aren't super productive. A 2nd season where he was very productive got hurt...and then a third season with BA.

Would love to get him.

20 hours ago, richard pallo said:

He was a 1st rd pick (19) in the 2017 draft.  Hooker was a 1st Rd pick (15) in the the same draft.  I would do an even trade right now.  Trading a 4th rd pick seems to low to me. But a player for player I could see.  Seems like a win win to me. 

People laugh...but you're not wrong here on this being an actual swap is probably not that far off. 

2 hours ago, stitches said:

I loved Howard coming out of college and I thought he's a can't miss prospect. Well I might have been wrong. He hasn't been good so far in the NFL. Probably a worthy flyer to take with a 4th-5th rounder but I personally wouldn't give up higher pick than that for him.

IMO it's more a product of Arian's O, than his lack of talent. I'd give him a shot though. 

7 hours ago, ColtJax said:

I have to wonder about him in the locker room or behind the scenes. They know Brady loves throwing to the TE, and he can stretch the field. You have to wonder if something else is going on to want out from a talent like this and such a low contract..

Who knows...but I wouldn't think anything is going on. BA is notorious for his approach to TEs...and he inherited Howard. If you have this potentially valuable asset that you know you might not fully use...why wouldn't you try to cash in on it for something else?

Also...they likely didn't expect to find themselves with TWO WR1s both under huge contracts at the same time...which will be the case as soon as next year when they have to pay Godwin.

Something has to give. And while they could likely carry Howard's $6M cap hit after next season...if you are committing to Godwin/Evans...why not try to get something for him now.

21 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IMO it's more a product of Arian's O, than his lack of talent. I'd give him a shot though. 

He's incredibly talented...but to BA...he's basically Jermaine Gresham. I would love to pilfer Howard from them. And if I was Godwin...I want my contract now...before TB gets here.

On 4/15/2020 at 6:24 PM, Shepman said:

I had us taking kmet with 44 would you take Howard instead?  

Maybe CB is on the phone with TB at pick 44 if KMet is their to take, we offer a 5th round. If they say no, we take KMet and move on. If yes, we have other options now. I’d go for a 5th rounder but no more. This is his last year on that contract so I’m not giving up anything higher if I’m CB. This kid isn’t a make or break the team and it’s still possible to get a slightly equal talent, that’s younger, in the 4th. 

If you really believe Howard could be a top 5 tight end within a system who utilizes TE's, and you believe the Colts would be in play, then the Colts should offer the Bucs Mack for Howard straight up. Mack IS replaceable and even could be upgraded and Tampa needs an RB desperately. Also, Mack is a Florida guy. Tampa would take that trade I'm sure and the Colts could grab an RB at 34 or 44 to supplant Mack. I would trade Mack way before entertaining trading Hooker. Heck I would trade Mack to the Phins for one of there seconds. Not sure you would get a first for Mack.

6 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Howard is much better that Kmet. So if we could get Howard for our second #2 pick I would do it in a freaking heartbeat. Rivers loves the TE as well..

He’s not worth a 2nd based on what he’s done in the NFL so far. He COULD be really good with the Colts but it doesn’t make him worth that much. His value is a 4th or 3rd at the most. Colts have all the leverage in this hypothetical situation. Arians has said that he thinks TEs are purely for blocking. Why would he demand a high pick for a player he doesn’t really see as more than just a blocker?

On 4/16/2020 at 2:21 PM, Defjamz26 said:

I know they have that one tall CB that had a good rookie season. Carlton Davis I think us his name. Forgot who the other is (Jameal Dean?), but I figured since they moved on from Hargreaves, they could use some depth. If they’re set with CBs then, I’d just give them a 4th. For the same pick you could probably get Albert O or Harrison Bryant anyways. Or see if they want Tyquan Lewis :lol:

I was just looking at some tape on Albert Okwuegbunam.  He looks pretty darn good.

I've seen some character or maturity concerns listed with him, but heck of an athlete.

He's got great size and speed.  Certainly wouldn't mind having him if Ballard thought

he could fit in the locker room.  He certainly fits on the field from what I can see.

Archived