Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bridgewater could command 30m a year

On 2/17/2020 at 2:49 PM, DaColts85 said:

That being said, players should demand money because it’s all short lived so make the money while you can. 

I get that, but atleast be realistic about your value. That's like me going to my boss and demanding to get paid 100 dollars an hour. It's not gonna happen.

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

I get that, but atleast be realistic about your value. That's like me going to my boss and demanding to get paid 100 dollars an hour. It's not gonna happen.

You can be replaced easier than a pro athlete. Plus you aren’t going to work everyday with the potential of a career ending injury. Contact and all that. Anything could happen but they have more bargaining than you do with your boss haha  

24 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

You can be replaced easier than a pro athlete. Plus you aren’t going to work everyday with the potential of a career ending injury. Contact and all that. Anything could happen but they have more bargaining than you do with your boss haha  

All I'm saying is understand your value. Bridgewater is not a top 5 QB to be demanding 30 mil a year.

Just now, CR91 said:

All I'm saying is understand your value. Bridgewater is not a top 5 QB to be demanding 30 mil a year.

The art of negotiating is to go high. He isn’t going to say yea I’ll settle for 20 or whatever you give me. Just like Dak. You start high and get them to meet or counter. 

That being said, FA allows for dumb money to be spent because of bidding wars. So he will get a good chunk of change. Maybe 25/26 per year for 4 years. 

5 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

The art of negotiating is to go high. He isn’t going to say yea I’ll settle for 20 or whatever you give me. Just like Dak. You start high and get them to meet or counter. 

That being said, FA allows for dumb money to be spent because of bidding wars. So he will get a good chunk of change. Maybe 25/26 per year for 4 years. 

If he gets anything past 20, I'd be shocked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

If he gets anything past 20, I'd be shocked.

44 minutes ago, Dokken said:

I’d be shocked if any team signs him to any 4-5 year deal period. 

Prepared to be shocked. Nick Foles got a 4yr/ 88 mil contract. Based on reports of teams already wanting Teddy plus each year the dollar value rises in FA I would not be shocked at all for a 4 year deal of close to 25 per year. That’s the nature of FA. Teams are QB hungry and will spend cash. 

17 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Prepared to be shocked. Nick Foles got a 4yr/ 88 mil contract. Based on reports of teams already wanting Teddy plus each year the dollar value rises in FA I would not be shocked at all for a 4 year deal of close to 25 per year. That’s the nature of FA. Teams are QB hungry and will spend cash. 

Nick Foles was still riding off his super bowl high. 

• Like 1

There are Matt Flynn’s of the world who get paid on less. Jimmy G didn’t have endless games under his belt before getting that big contract. It’s FA so don’t get caught up in to much other than teams see his ability and even in the said 5 games he wasn’t terrible. 5-0 I believe. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

There are Matt Flynn’s of the world who get paid on less. Jimmy G didn’t have endless games under his belt before getting that big contract. It’s FA so don’t get caught up in to much other than teams see his ability and even in the said 5 games he wasn’t terrible. 5-0 I believe. 

5-0 on a really good saints team. Doesn't mean I wanna give him the keys to the franchise.

30 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I just don’t think a GM is that stupid, to put their job on the line for Teddy with a huge contract. 

Rotoworld reported 2 years ago, he would command 15M a season and it didn’t happen. 

Just now, Dokken said:

I just don’t think a GM is that stupid, to put their job on the line for Teddy with a huge contract. 

Rotoworld reported 2 years ago, he would command 15M a season and it didn’t happen. 

GM’s have done dumber stuff. Read previous posts. Plus what root world posted 2 years ago has no relevance now.  

5 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Are you saying career or just last years? I’m referring to last year since that’s what the conversation has been on. 

Last season, but he’s never averaged 250 in a season period. Just like JB. 

Anyways, you like him I don’t and I think he’s overrated and coddled. It is what it is. 

Cheers

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He isnt.  I dont care how much Payton loves Brees.  If Teddy is that guy,  they would ask Brees to retire

They would never ask Brees to retire.  It's like having the Colts ask Manning to retire or the Steelers asking Ben to retire.  He's an icon in NO.  They would never do that.  They would love to hold on to Teddy but their circumstances won't allow that to happen.  That's all there is to it.  Teddy has shown this year that he is a franchise QB.  If he goes to the right team he will be a winner.  And he gets to pick that team.  It doesn't get any better than that for him.  

20 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

They would never ask Brees to retire.  It's like having the Colts ask Manning to retire or the Steelers asking Ben to retire.  He's an icon in NO.  They would never do that.  They would love to hold on to Teddy but their circumstances won't allow that to happen.  That's all there is to it.  Teddy has shown this year that he is a franchise QB.  If he goes to the right team he will be a winner.  And he gets to pick that team.  It doesn't get any better than that for him.  

The Packers FO were ready for Favre to leave, because they had Rogers in the wings. The Colts cut Manning and drafted Luck. 

Sorry, but if Teddy was a Franchise QB, the Saints would lock him up.

There might be one “sucker GM” who will gamble on TB with a big contract, but I don’t see him sniffing a 20M a year contract. 

37 minutes ago, Dokken said:

The Packers FO were ready for Favre to leave, because they had Rogers in the wings. The Colts cut Manning and drafted Luck. 

Sorry, but if Teddy was a Franchise QB, the Saints would lock him up.

There might be one “sucker GM” who will gamble on TB with a big contract, but I don’t see him sniffing a 20M a year contract. 

There is a big difference in asking a QB to retire so his backup can take his place than being ready to move on because a player is older or injured.  Sorry that's apples and oranges.  The conversation was about asking Brees to retire so they could give it to Teddy.  Absurd.  Entirely different circumstances with Favre and Manning.  Your attempt to make them identical is laughable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

There is a big difference in asking a QB to retire so his backup can take his place than being ready to move on because a player is older or injured.  Sorry that's apples and oranges.  The conversation was about asking Brees to retire so they could give it to Teddy.  Absurd.  Entirely different circumstances with Favre and Manning.  Your attempt to make them identical is laughable. 

Bottom line, NO doesn't let Ted walk if he's seen as a franchise guy. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Manning won a SB with Denver and broke Brady’s TD record. Favre took the Vikes to the playoffs. Your a very funny, gullible and confused guy. 

11 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Umm if you havn't noticed Brees is older.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Bottom line, NO can't afford to pay both their current market value.  One had to go.  And it certainly wasn't going to be Brees. 

If they saw Teddy as the franchise QB, NO would either 1) make the choice to keep him over Brees (which will be a 1 or 2 year deal at most), or 2) dump some others to make room. They have plenty of mediocre/average guys making more than they should (that could be replaced in the draft or FA) which is why they're hard against the cap in the first place.

49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If they saw Teddy as the franchise QB, NO would either 1) make the choice to keep him over Brees (which will be a 1 or 2 year deal at most), or 2) dump some others to make room. They have plenty of mediocre/average guys making more than they should (that could be replaced in the draft or FA) which is why they're hard against the cap in the first place.

They would never make the choice to keep Teddy over Brees when Brees is still showing he can with them a SB now.  If he was regressing maybe.  They would have to dump a lot of players to keep both thereby weakening the team and hurting their chances for an immediate SB run.  Counting on rookies and cheap FAs to fill the void is a a big gamble.  I think they are all in for this year and the last thing they would want to do is weaken the team by dumping players and keeping both QBs at market value.