Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bridgewater could command 30m a year

TB.. Teddy, not Tom, is not that good. If he was, why would the Vikings let him walk and give Cousins a crud load and why would the Saints allow him to walk in favor of keeping Hill?

I realize the Vikings deal was partly due to TB's injury, however he was getting cleared to play or at least was cleared when they signed Kirk.

The Saints maybe due to cap situation, however if they truly thought TB was going to be heir apparent to Brees, then they would have some kind of deal behind the scenes in some way here and would find a way to work this out. Maybe they still will, but if not, that tells you something. 

Just because he steps in a wins a few games when Brees goes down does not make him that great. saints had a solid team all the way around.

To me, when two teams of the Saints and Viking caliber is okay with letting you ride off, something is a miss here.

No thanks to either TB, especially Bridgewater. Here's hoping he finds another sucker, like ...

Actually, I think he is a back-up somewhere, unless Carolina is desperate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

These new depends for money for average players ala Prescott, are ridiculous

Prescott actually deserves his money. Dallas has one of the best offenses in the league. I would never sign a FA for that much money. It’s doomed to fail. Just go find the guy in the draft. Trams really need to win when their QB are on rookie contracts. 

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

TB.. Teddy, not Tom, is not that good. If he was, why would the Vikings let him walk and give Cousins a crud load and why would the Saints allow him to walk in favor of keeping Hill?

I realize the Vikings deal was partly due to TB's injury, however he was getting cleared to play or at least was cleared when they signed Kirk.

The Saints maybe due to cap situation, however if they truly thought TB was going to be heir apparent to Brees, then they would have some kind of deal behind the scenes in some way here and would find a way to work this out. Maybe they still will, but if not, that tells you something. 

Just because he steps in a wins a few games when Brees goes down does not make him that great. saints had a solid team all the way around.

To me, when two teams of the Saints and Viking caliber is okay with letting you ride off, something is a miss here.

No thanks to either TB, especially Bridgewater. Here's hoping he finds another sucker, like ...

Actually, I think he is a back-up somewhere, unless Carolina is desperate.

Saints are in a bad situation with Bridgewater if Brees comes back. He wouldn’t get what he wants from the saints or what he can get on the open market. He would have to waste another year sitting behind Brees waiting for his chance. I think saints are a team that need to be watched and pulling a KC and moving up for a QB. 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Saints are in a bad situation with Bridgewater if Brees comes back. He wouldn’t get what he wants from the saints or what he can get on the open market. He would have to waste another year sitting behind Brees waiting for his chance. I think saints are a team that need to be watched and pulling a KC and moving up for a QB. 

That's possible and your idea about saints and a QB drafting also makes sense. I still think Teddy is a JAG ( Just a Guy )

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Prescott actually deserves his money. Dallas has one of the best offenses in the league. I would never sign a FA for that much money. It’s doomed to fail. Just go find the guy in the draft. Trams really need to win when their QB are on rookie contracts. 

And yet they failed to make the playoffs in one of the worst divisions in football losing to the eagles whos weapons were from the practice squad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

And yet they failed to make the playoffs in one of the worst divisions in football losing to the eagles whos weapons were from the practice squad.

That why Garrett was fired. He was a awful coach when it comes to game situations and management.

12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm betting he goes to TB or Carolina 

I could see Carolina. Tampa’s offense would not work for him. Arians would have to change slot. I think Carr could also be a trade destination to Tampa or NE.

The saints will let him walk if Brees comes back because money not skill. The guy went 5-0 as the starter not because the team was so great but because he played well. He will easily have the market in FA to get the pay day he hopes for. I could see him being good here the question is do we want that money strapped to us or do we draft a guy and keep JB. 

The Carolina connection is only if Cam is not healthy. Thule already said if healthy he is exacted to have Cam at QB. 

I see the Chargers and Dolphins going after him with the Dolphins winning the bid.  

14 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It wasn't just all Garrett. Prescott is not worth 30 mil a year.

Jason Garrett was key on directing the offense. An offense that had Prescott throwing the ball 40 times with limited runs for their big time RB. Prescott is average but not worth what he wants. That being said, players should demand money because it’s all short lived so make the money while you can. 

1 minute ago, Dokken said:

A TB 20M per year contract will get that GM fired. He’s JB 2.0

JB 2.0?? How’s that? Explain that terrible comparison. 

Rubbish.  When your previous team pulls out of the sweep stakes it diminishes a players value.  Why would a team offer him 30 million a year when the Saints r willing to say bye bye? The Saints apparently r wanting to keep Hill, who has thrown 13 passes in his career, over Bridgewater.  If he was a franchise qb, the Saints would have kept him and tapped Brees on the shoulder.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Rubbish.  When your previous team pulls out of the sweep stakes it diminishes a players value.  Why would a team offer him 30 million a year when the Saints r willing to say bye bye? The Saints apparently r wanting to keep Hill, who has thrown 13 passes in his career, over Bridgewater.  If he was a franchise qb, the Saints would have kept him and tapped Brees on the shoulder.

Brees comes back and gets 30+ for the year how do they afford him and Teddy? It’s simple finances. Nothing to do with the talent. Taysom Hill won’t be the backup come the start of the season. 

Just now, Dokken said:

Yards per attempt is about even and bottom of the league. 

What do you think separates TB from JB out of curiosity?

That one stat is your comparison. Seriously?? 

Teddy to me has better vision and a better deep ball and that is a huge separation in my eyes compared to JB. 

Just now, DaColts85 said:

Brees comes back and gets 30+ for the year how do they afford him and Teddy? It’s simple finances. Nothing to do with the talent. Taysom Hill won’t be the backup come the start of the 

Do u really think Payton would let a 27 year old franchise qb go over keeping a 41 year old Brees??  I know Payton and Brees have a great relationship but I would doubt the GM and Payton would  let Bridgewater go if they valued him as the next in line.  Would not make any sense.  I truly believe the Saints would sit down Brees and he would retire gracefully. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

That one stat is your comparison. Seriously?? 

Teddy to me has better vision and a better deep ball and that is a huge separation in my eyes compared to JB. 

Sorry, but yards per attempt goes against what you’re stating. 

Cheers

9 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Do u really think Payton would let a 27 year old franchise qb go over keeping a 41 year old Brees??  I know Payton and Brees have a great relationship but I would doubt the GM and Payton would  let Bridgewater go if they valued him as the next in line.  Would not make any sense.  I truly believe the Saints would sit down Brees and he would retire gracefully. 

How do you know this won’t happen? Also, yes they have all the love in the world for Brees in my eyes so they will let him finish out there. He is still producing at a high level. Brees could want to play for two more years who knows. 

10 minutes ago, Dokken said:

Sorry, but yards per attempt goes against what you’re stating. 

Cheers

That’s your argument? Tom Brady throws short passes with a small YPA. Yet has the ability to stretch the field very well. Our type of offense allows for a lot of short yardage throws. You hope for YAC for WR’s more than anything. Once sucked in you go deep. This is a massive struggle for JB. So again come up with a better argument. 

Cheers

That’s your argument? Tom Brady throws short passes with a small YPA. Yet has the ability to stretch the field very well. Our type of offense allows for a lot of short yardage throws. You hope for YAC for WR’s more than anything. Once sucked in you go deep. This is a massive struggle for JB. So again come up with a better argument. 

Cheers

Why so angry?

Look at TB’s career stats and focus on a couple things. His Yds per game, attempt and TD’s per game. What separates him from JB? 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BridTe00.htm

Just now, Dokken said:

Why so angry?

Look at TB’s career stats and focus on a couple things. His Yds per game, attempt and TD’s per game. What separates him from JB? 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BridTe00.htm

Not angry at all. Just not understanding your argument based on one stat as a comparison to JB. That’s all. I’m not saying Teddy is a stud but when it comes to vision, deep ball, and accuracy I would give Teddy the upper hand. In our offense I could see him being better than JB as well. 

Not angry at all. Just not understanding your argument based on one stat as a comparison to JB. That’s all. I’m not saying Teddy is a stud but when it comes to vision, deep ball, and accuracy I would give Teddy the upper hand. In our offense I could see him being better than JB as well. 

His career stats are less than impressive and very similar to JB. JMO, but feel free to give me a good “you were right” when TB sets the world on fire. 30M a year is top 5 money, and TB isn’t a top 20 guy, just like JB. 

Cheers

Just now, Dokken said:

His career stats are less than impressive and very similar to JB. JMO, but feel free to give me a good “you were right” when TB sets the world on fire. 30M a year is top 5 money, and TB isn’t a top 20 guy, just like JB. 

Cheers

I won’t disagree the money side but in FA players get paid. I can guarantee teams will line up for him in hopes to have him for a good price. That’s the league. I predict the Dolphins sign him and he gets a sizable contract. I look for 25 to 28 per year for 4 years. 

I won’t disagree the money side but in FA players get paid. I can guarantee teams will line up for him in hopes to have him for a good price. That’s the league. I predict the Dolphins sign him and he gets a sizable contract. I look for 25 to 28 per year for 4 years. 

He could have signed with Dolphins 2 years ago, but chose a backup job in N.O. 

The Dolphins won’t sign him, guaranteed. 

4 minutes ago, Dokken said:

He could have signed with Dolphins 2 years ago, but chose a backup job in N.O. 

The Dolphins won’t sign him, guaranteed. 

He chose the potential Super Bowl. Didn’t happen so now he gets paid. Plus diff ENT coach and everything. No Gase makes some happy

Teddy is in a pretty nice spot actually.  All three Saints QBs are FAs.  And they are not flush with cap space.  That can't really sign both Brees and Teddy.  They won't pay Brees a big contract and franchise Teddy.  They will be forced to let him walk.  If Brees retires they work out a deal with Teddy and if that fails they franchise him.  Either way a nice payout for Teddy.  They will put a 2nd rd tender on Taysom and that might not be enough to keep teams away.  He's the wild card.  With so many teams in need of a QB it is easy to see how Teddy will be in high demand.  30M a year I don't see that.  But 20-25M I can see due to the number of suitors he will have.  And of course we could be one of the them.  

For what it’s worth....

Spotrac projects Teddy’s value at 3/60.  Thats 20 per year.   Doesn’t mean it isn’t possible for a bidding war to break out.   But 2/60?   Or even 3/90?!?

Sure seems crazy. 

I could live with 3/60.   But long before it gets to 30 mil per,  I hope the Colts are out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

"Franchise QB". Maybe for the XFL. 

I'd roll with JB over bridgewater

Give JB a healthy wr corps and less the knee injury and we were a playoff team.  Add in some defense at 3 tech and rush and we are an 11 win team lat yr

and I'm not a JB fan, but the alternative isnt better either