Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lamar Jackson

BleedBlue4Shoe86

As I watch this game I am seeing the Lamar Jackson from last year. Everyone crowned him the next wave of QB. Everyone said we need someone like that. In another thread I praised how hard he worked this offseason, and said I would love JB to make those strides over this offseason. But how easily we forget that Lamar has always struggled to throw the ball. If you are watching you can see passes high, behind and wounded ducks. Just saying everyone can show regression when adversity hits. 

1 minute ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

As I watch this game I am seeing the Lamar Jackson from last year. Everyone crowned him the next wave of QB. Everyone said we need someone like that. In another thread I praised how hard he worked this offseason, and said I would love JB to make those strides over this offseason. But how easily we forget that Lamar has always struggled to throw the ball. If you are watching you can see passes high, behind and wounded ducks. Just saying everyone can show regression when adversity hits. 

While he's thrown some ducks, he's also slung it beautifully several times.

It's early. Go Titans.

4 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

...... And so it begins......

..... yet another thread bound for the depths of JB thread merge hell .....

See how easy that happens?

I know right. Every thread on here eventually ends up there because people want to make every topic a JB bash thread. God I hope we don’t take a QB and JB balls out next year. 

Just now, CantBeStopped said:

Your crazy if you don't want to draft a QB. Or just blind to his ineptitude

Not saying I don’t want to. Saying it would be great if we didn’t and then JB shut everyone up next year and played amazing. We can’t start any thread without someone taking a dump on JB in the thread. I’m so over this already.

Just now, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Not saying I don’t want to. Saying it would be great if we didn’t and then JB shut everyone up next year and played amazing. We can’t start any thread without someone taking a dump on JB in the thread. I’m so over this already.

That's because 95% of fans know we will never win anything with him behind center. The other 5% are just jb fan boys. He will not ball out. He has reached his ceiling I'd bet everything I own on it

2 minutes ago, CantBeStopped said:

That's because 95% of fans know we will never win anything with him behind center. The other 5% are just jb fan boys. He will not ball out. He has reached his ceiling I'd bet everything I own on it

You wanna bash him that is fine. Take it to the JB thread. I started this one because I was curious what people were thinking of Lamar. 

3 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

You wanna bash him that is fine. Take it to the JB thread. I started this one because I was curious what people were thinking of Lamar. 

Your very first post brought jb into this thread saying you would love to see him make the strides Jackson did. Of course everyone would love him to be the answer but it's just flat out not the case

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

500 total  yards and 1 touchdown. Has that ever happened?

When you factor in the fumble, 2 INT and two stops on 4th and 1, it’s looks worse and worse. 

The Titans just laid the Blue print for playing RunMar in 2020. 

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

When you factor in the fumble, 2 INT and two stops on 4th and 1, it’s looks worse and worse. 

The Titans just laid the Blue print for playing RunMar in 2020. 

Yes the blueprint works if he stays the same but if he progresses more as a passer and the ravens get a better receiver then it won’t work 

Just now, runthepost said:

Yes the blueprint works if he stays the same but if he progresses more as a passer and the ravens get a better receiver then it won’t work 

This will be RunMar’s best season he ever had! He’s not a good passer. 

Book it! 

• Like 1

Have Colts fans perhaps forgot that you aren’t just guaranteed a SB with every good quarterback you get? If you’re not going to be happy until the next Manning or Luck comes along then you might not be happy for the rest of your life. I’d give any good quarterback a chance. 1 season isn’t a chance.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Have Colts fans perhaps forgot that you aren’t just guaranteed a SB with every good quarterback you get? If you’re not going to be happy until the next Manning or Luck comes along then you might not be happy for the rest of your life. I’d give any good quarterback a chance. 1 season isn’t a chance.

Gotta agree. QBs like Brees and Rodgers are elite, but somehow have experienced bad fortune in the playoffs. 

The Ravens receivers were not on the same page for a lot of the game. I’m not a big Jackson fan, but I think the entire offense choked on this one. 

1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Not to get off track but so Lamar can improve as a passer but no one else is allowed to. Good to know. 

Lamar has shown he has. JB hasn’t. His stats are similar to 2017 still. Lamar in 2018 had 58% completion, 6TD, 3int rating of 84.5

2019 66.3 completion %, 36 TD, 6Int rating of 113.3. All his passing stats went up in each category. You got to understand JB is trash

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Not to get off track but so Lamar can improve as a passer but no one else is allowed to. Good to know. 

he is gonna be MVP you JB supporters need to stop trying to use outlandish stuff like this to help prove your lame JB points. let's also not forget that Jackson will be in year 3 next year not 5 like JB. 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

he is gonna be MVP you JB supporters need to stop trying to use outlandish stuff like this to help prove your lame JB points. let's also not forget that Jackson will be in year 3 next year not 5 like JB. 

While I agree, there is absolutely no comparing Lamar and Brissett one bit. 

However, RunMar got exposed yesterday and he’s not going to “Revolutionize” the QB poster , unless he can progress as a passer. A lot of junk time numbers, behind those stats last night. The Titans limited his “strength” which is running, and the Ravens had to play from behind all game. Kudos to both the Bills and Titans. 

Lamar had a great season , but after this loss  the talk will be can he win a playoff game ? Remember Andy Dalton or Peyton early in his career. It’s just one of those things that go with high expectations. He’s only a second year QB, but you have to start winning some playoff games. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Lamar has shown he has. JB hasn’t. His stats are similar to 2017 still. Lamar in 2018 had 58% completion, 6TD, 3int rating of 84.5

2019 66.3 completion %, 36 TD, 6Int rating of 113.3. All his passing stats went up in each category. You got to understand JB is trash

First he is not trash. I tell my 15 year old nephew this all the time. He calls players trash. I say I hope he can be that trashy that he is getting paid millions to be in the NFL. About 1.6% of college players get drafted. There are around 253 starting QBs in NCAA. Of that only 32 start in NFL and he is one of them. So shut up, sit down and go back to trolling with high school letterman’s jacket on, with that garbage of players being trash. 

Second my point wasn’t that JB is as good as Lamar. My point was everyone, if they want to put in the work, can improve. Everyone said Lamar just has to improve his passing. Why can’t we at least agree that it would be nice for JB to improve and it is realistic that he will. 

it is win win. The Colts would be much improved. For those of us that like JB we can say look he can be good. For this that don’t, you could say he is good enough to trade now and start your beloved rookie in 2021. 

59 minutes ago, runthepost said:

JB isn't trash, Lamar is better no doubt though. If JB was trash he wouldn't of went 7-7 in games that he started and finished. I can buy average, that is what .500 is. If our fanbase is waiting on the next Peyton or Luck, they will be waiting forever. I would take Luck over Lamar Jackson and look at the year Jackson had.

37 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

First he is not trash. I tell my 15 year old nephew this all the time. He calls players trash. I say I hope he can be that trashy that he is getting paid millions to be in the NFL. About 1.6% of college players get drafted. There are around 253 starting QBs in NCAA. Of that only 32 start in NFL and he is one of them. So shut up, sit down and go back to trolling with high school letterman’s jacket on, with that garbage of players being trash. 

Second my point wasn’t that JB is as good as Lamar. My point was everyone, if they want to put in the work, can improve. Everyone said Lamar just has to improve his passing. Why can’t we at least agree that it would be nice for JB to improve and it is realistic that he will. 

it is win win. The Colts would be much improved. For those of us that like JB we can say look he can be good. For this that don’t, you could say he is good enough to trade now and start your beloved rookie in 2021. 

Do you stats to understand the breakdown? JB was the worst QB in our division, was ranked 33  out of 34 qbs with only Mitch behind him. Was the worst 4th qtr QB and lead the league in games with under 200 yards and 1 touchdown. He’s not a good qb he is below average. I don’t want a rookie. I want Carr. Only rookie I want is a available 2021.

• Like 1