Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lamar Jackson

BleedBlue4Shoe86

On 1/12/2020 at 12:38 PM, DougDew said:

But the QBs job is to pass the ball, not run it. 

That's actually a common misconception.  Rushing has always been a part of the QBs job description.  The air game is how QBs usually get the job done, but it's certainly not the only way they've ever gotten the job done.

The job of a QB is to advance the ball by any legal means.  He's the leader of the offense and has assignments in both pass and run plays, just like the rest of the offense.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 11:24 AM, BloodyChamp said:

I was watching the same stuff ya’ll we’re watching only with a clear head because I’m not a raging Colts fan. 

So you are suggesting only an impartial fan could have an accurate opinion?  Surely you could not be so obtuse to argue that you see a starting quarterback with no real argument than you watched the game, while people such as myself have argued real field failures and you're right why.....?  Because you watched the same game as me?  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

So you are suggesting only an impartial fan could have an accurate opinion?  Surely you could not be so obtuse to argue that you see a starting quarterback with no real argument than you watched the game, while people such as myself have argued real field failures and you're right why.....?  Because you watched the same game as me?  

giphy.gif

Uh...

On 1/17/2020 at 9:55 PM, BloodyChamp said:

Uh...

we want someone we can win a super bowl with, in 30+ games as a starter we have seen little to say jacoby is that guy

you act like hes a rookie that needs more time, hes had plenty of time and couldnt produce.  if 4 years in the league isnt enough time for him to hit average or better then hes not the guy 

we cant spend a decade waiting on him to put it together

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

we want someone we can win a super bowl with, in 30+ games as a starter we have seen little to say jacoby is that guy

you act like hes a rookie that needs more time, hes had plenty of time and couldnt produce.  if 4 years in the league isnt enough time for him to hit average or better then hes not the guy 

we cant spend a decade waiting on him to put it together

Actually JB was above average when we started 5-2, then he got injured. Also, he has only been a starter for 2 years not 4 and how anyone can count 2017 is mind boggling. Our roster stunk that year and Chuck isn't the coach that Reich is. I guess his haters can count it. Had we just had a better kicking game JB and the Colts could've been 10-6 and everyone knows it. So acting like the guy sucks is getting ridiculous. I can buy if someone wants to say he is average. Ok average doesn't cut it so who do we draft?

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually JB was above average when we started 5-2, then he got injured. Also, he has only been a starter for 2 years not 4 and how anyone can count 2017 is mind boggling. Our roster stunk that year and Chuck isn't the coach that Reich is. I guess his haters can count it. Had we just had a better kicking game JB and the Colts could've been 10-6 and everyone knows it. So acting like the guy sucks is getting ridiculous. I can buy if someone wants to say he is average. Ok average doesn't cut it so who do we draft?

above average in what way?  if we made those kicks and hit 10-6 i would still say the same about jacoby 

i can find any site on the internet that ranked him better 16th or better.

as for the draft i like tua, very good passer thats about as pro ready as we will find without the #1 pick. 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

above average in what way?  if we made those kicks and hit 10-6 i would still say the same about jacoby 

i can find any site on the internet that ranked him better 16th or better.

as for the draft i like tua, very good passer thats about as pro ready as we will find without the #1 pick. 

During that 5-2 stretch, JB had 2 300 yard passing games and had a 14/3 TD to INT ratio and we were 5-2. I could almost make an argument that is good. That is above average easily.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

During that 5-2 stretch, JB had 2 300 yard passing games and had a 14/3 TD to INT ratio and we were 5-2. I could almost make an argument that is good. That is above average easily.

he had like 3 good games in that stretch out of 7 and was below average the second half of the season 

even ballard said that production wont get it done.  yeah we were winning but  can that get us to a super bowl?  

14 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

he had like 3 good games in that stretch out of 7 and was below average the second half of the season 

even ballard said that production wont get it done.  yeah we were winning but  can that get us to a super bowl?  

I was talking about the 5-2 stretch. Of course he had 2 or 3 stinkers at the end of the season I agree.

To answer your question, I doubt it but it depends on our roster. Look at what Tannehill is doing with a great run game and a defense that is playing great. I still think we should draft a QB but I do not think it isn't a lost cause if JB is our starter next year. Tannehill threw for 88 yards against the Ravens and they won 28-12.

57 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Once teams had tape on Brissett, he faltered.  

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was talking about the 5-2 stretch. Of course he had 2 or 3 stinkers at the end of the season I agree.

To answer your question, I doubt it but it depends on our roster. Look at what Tannehill is doing with a great run game and a defense that is playing great. I still think we should draft a QB but I do not think it isn't a lost cause if JB is our starter next year. Tannehill threw for 88 yards against the Ravens and they won 28-12.

I see this allot.  Masking JBs faults with a great defense and a great running game.  If that is a necessity to finish over .500, it tells us allot about Brissett.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

No that was all you from the taking full offense to the smugness to the meme for dramatic effect.

Meh, no one here is offended as far as I can tell.  I'm certainly not.  You were smug, sure.  I was just pointing out how ridiculous it was and punctuated it with a meme.  I'm not really creative enough to do it for dramatic effect though.