Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brees 540 All Time Passing TDs Record

OffensivelyPC

Drew Brees now holds the NFL record for TD passes with 540, passing the 539 set by Peyton Manning.

If someone besides Peyton is going to be the record-holder, I'm glad it's Drew Brees.

Kind of fitting that he broke Peytons' record against the Colts.  It stings as a Colts fan, but I'm happy for the former Boilermaker.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Drew Brees now holds the NFL record for TD passes with 540, passing the 539 set by Peyton Manning.

If someone besides Peyton is going to be the record-holder, I'm glad it's Drew Brees.

Kind of fitting that he broke Peytons' record against the Colts.  It stings as a Colts fan, but I'm happy for the former Boilermaker.

Funny, 2 different Colts fans start 2Threads on the same topic with the same exact sentiment. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I can't get behind support of Brees. I mean, I'm glad he seems like a great family man and good guy in general, but he was one of the most vocal liars about BountyGate and that really, really turned me off.

Liar and crybaby overshadowed only by Brady. Stayed hurt and benched in the previous era, and has dink and dunked his way over the last several years to a paper record. 

What I mean by paper record...the standard of this era hasn’t been set yet because of how fast passing TDs come off of the assembly line for anybody let alone somebody good. Jameis is on pace to break the thing let alone Mahomes, Jimmy G. etc. It will be broken every year when all those guys start breaking it until the new peak is reached.

6 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

What I mean by paper record...the standard of this era hasn’t been set yet because of how fast passing TDs come off of the assembly line for anybody let alone somebody good. Jameis is on pace to break the thing let alone Mahomes, Jimmy G. etc. It will be broken every year when all those guys start breaking it until the new peak is reached.

If they last. Mahomes if he keeps it up. I'm not sure people will last that long. Staffords body is about done. Aaron Rodgers has left the planet. Rivers is done. Matt Ryan actually shows no signs of slowing down.. I'm just trying to name some guys close to Drew in terms of seasons.

6 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

29 of 30 completed passes, reminds me of Tecmo Super Bowl where I could get 100% completion games from Dan Marino.

I still have that game for the SNES. In fact, I still have my SNES, N64, and all the games as a kid for both systems (around 30 games each).

6 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

If they last. Mahomes if he keeps it up. I'm not sure people will last that long. Staffords body is about done. Aaron Rodgers has left the planet. Rivers is done. Matt Ryan actually shows no signs of slowing down.. I'm just trying to name some guys close to Drew in terms of seasons.

It won’t be those guys. It might be guys who haven’t even started college yet maybe. Somebody will last and if they don’t they’ll make the game even less violent and the standard will be even bigger. Then there are still the guys I mentioned who didn’t come up in the previous era like Stafford (hurt his first 3 years I think and healthy all the way til this year) and company. Pretty much any good quarterback who wants to play until he can’t play anymore will have a shot at the record tbh. Granted Jimmy G has been hurt but he might not ever get hurt again.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 11:54 PM, buffalo34 said:

29 of 30 completed passes, reminds me of Tecmo Super Bowl where I could get 100% completion games from Dan Marino.

29 of 30 INCOMPLETED passes reminds me of electric football when you had to wedge that little cotton football on the QB's had and then bend the arm back and try to hit a moving target on a field about 24 inches long.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

29 of 30 INCOMPLETED passes reminds me of electric football when you had to wedge that little cotton football on the QB's had and then bend the arm back and try to hit a moving target on a field about 24 inches long.

My dad tried to show me how to play as a kid and I tried passing.  That was REALLY difficult.  

• Like 1