Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Miller 3 Round Mock

21 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I will say, as a known supporter  of JB I still find this very interesting. I would be shocked if they don’t at least take a QB in 3rd to push JB and if he sucks next year, take over for him the following. 

thoughts?

They won’t take a Qb that low. It will be a first round or early second. They are looking for a franchise guy. It’s a waste of a pick to take one in the third.

• Like 1

Wow, that's bad. That's the worst mock I've seen and I look at them weekly. If the Colts pass on QB, WR, and DT at all of those picks with the guys that are left on the board in that mock, the city and fanbase might start a revolution. Seriously lol. 

Taking a LBer from Wisconsin in the 2nd with Jordan Love, Jacob Eason, Neville Gallimore, etc still on the board is GM-suicide. I love when "experts" post mocks when they clearly have no clue of team needs or managerial preferences. 

Let us say we trade our pick No.35 from Redskins to Seahawks for their potential picks No.59 and No.61 and are picking at (say) No.50.

So, we have picks No.18, No.50, No.59, No.61, and No. 82 on Day 1 and Day 2.

This is my mock:

No.18 - Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State - fits the motor, size and athleticism Eberflus covets in his edge defenders, has experience playing inside as well. Plays with great motor and leverage, and sets the edge well too. Yes, I know - people will say we have Justin Houston, Jabaal Sheard, Turay, Tyquan Lewis that we have invested for the edge but tell that to the Giants' 2007 SB winning squad with Strahan, Tuck, Osi and JPP. 

No.50 - Jordan Love, QB, Utah State, I think this pick needs no explanation. I do think he will last till this spot. 

No.59 - Collin Johnson, WR, Texas - this guy is most likely a TE at the next level and will be a very good one. Evan Engram and George Kittle both weighed about 210 lbs in college before bulking up at the NFL level for playing TE.

No.61 - Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn - this guy has the talent of a left tackle, but I feel he will do better as a right tackle in the NFL

No.82 - Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State - he is often overlooked in the middle because of Chase Young. He holds his own pretty well. Because he is just a one year starter, he might drop to Day 2 and he would make a fine pick here.

• Like 1

I love Matt Miller and the Stick to Football guys. I listen to their podcast daily.

However, when it comes to mock drafts they are bad because they really have no idea what they’re doing after the first 5-6 picks and they also have zero clue about how any other team GM thinks other than their own. In general they lack real knowledge about 90% of the teams they draft for and won’t listen at all to what the fans (the people who actually follow the team) suggest.

I mean how the heck do you have the Colts taking a LB in the 2nd round when that is literally their best position group? 

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Let us say we trade our pick No.35 from Redskins to Seahawks for their potential picks No.59 and No.61 and are picking at (say) No.50.

So, we have picks No.18, No.50, No.59, No.61, and No. 82 on Day 1 and Day 2.

This is my mock:

No.18 - Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State - fits the motor, size and athleticism Eberflus covets in his edge defenders, has experience playing inside as well. Plays with great motor and leverage, and sets the edge well too. Yes, I know - people will say we have Justin Houston, Jabaal Sheard, Turay, Tyquan Lewis that we have invested for the edge but tell that to the Giants' 2007 SB winning squad with Strahan, Tuck, Osi and JPP. 

No.50 - Jordan Love, QB, Utah State, I think this pick needs no explanation. I do think he will last till this spot. 

No.59 - Collin Johnson, WR, Texas - this guy is most likely a TE at the next level and will be a very good one. Evan Engram and George Kittle both weighed about 210 lbs in college before bulking up at the NFL level for playing TE.

No.61 - Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn - this guy has the talent of a left tackle, but I feel he will do better as a right tackle in the NFL

No.82 - Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State - he is often overlooked in the middle because of Chase Young. He holds his own pretty well. Because he is just a one year starter, he might drop to Day 2 and he would make a fine pick here.

Now I can get down with a draft like this. I did a mock before on this forum with Gross-Matos and I like Collin Johnson. I can see him as a Jimmy Graham type TE; when Jimmy Graham was with the Saints. Put Prince at Right Tackle and move Braden to his natural Guard position. 

LT: AC

LG: Big Q

C: Kellz 

RG: Braden 

RT: Prince 

On 12/4/2019 at 10:00 AM, MPStack said:

This guy has 3 QBs going before the Colts. Then proceeds to say there wont be any QB prospects by the time the Colts pick. If the draft falls like this, Ballard WILL draft Jordan Love. And I'm okay with that. I'm more than okay with that. Even it Love turns out to be the biggest bust since ryan leaf. I'm still okay with that pick, in our current situation. Not that I think he will be a bust. 

Heres to hoping Love enters the draft this year.