Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign G Mike Mcglynn

CashMoney

Totally agree. I like the cut of your jib.

Thanks buddy.

I'm not an old "homer". When I was a kid, my folks were Bears fans, and thus so was I. The Colts were terrible, but I did have a Colts 'Horse Power' bandana that I'd wear as a headband LONG ago (83-84?) I remember Elway not signing, Gary Hogaboom (however you spell it), Jack Treadeau (again, spelling), Jeff George, Eric Dickerson etc.

I remember a game against the Jets in the early 90's where if the Colts won, you could get a 6 inch Subway sandwich for whatever the point differential was (Colts won by 6 I think and by the time I drove my old blue pickup to the nearest Subway, they were "out of bread", no sandwich for me). "No trim 'til the Colts win" with a good number of men going around looking like the Geico caveman (my old buddy's dad was one of them). Duke Tomatoe's "Lord Help Our Colts" every week on Bob and Tom Show. On and on and on until Manning got good.

I guess the Manning First fans just irritate me alot. And the Jim Irsay hate is worse. Jim is MILES better as an owner than his dad was. In fact, he's one of the best owners in the entire league. People are either spoiled or just don't know any better.

I shouldn't be surprised by the Manning stuff...but it still irritates me alot.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Caplan @caplannfl

Grigson again getting ex-Eagles. RT @ProFootballTalk: Colts add Mike McGlynn to offensive lin

I can already see where Grigson is going and I don't I like it ... Look at Philly they had mcnaab and then Vick. I think he is going to persuade irsay to pick Robert griffin IMO.. Grigs I hope you prove me wrong

He's young and seems to have some potential, as he was the starting C for a while over in Philly. He's been injured a lot during his career. Man, Grigs is making us the Eagles now with all these guys

Hey the good news is atleast we aren't taking the bad Eagles. I'm sure none of these fellas will cry about not getting calls (aka Vick) haha.... Good news is low risk material. How about them Hoosiers btw!!! :)

he was injured periodically , even acl tear, drafted by eagles 4th round ( grigson ) , released , went to bengals last year

no link ,

was also a backup at guard @ eagles

& was used as guard by bengals

( BTW stampede blue says hes a Tackle so mixed messages on position, )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

he Tweeted

Just came to terms with the Colts pretty stoked!

http://twitter.com/#...464194410393601

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

s an American football center for the Indianapolis Colts

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Mike_McGlynn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bengals Page says guard

Born 1985/03/08 age 27

6-4 315

http://www.sbnation....34/mike-mcglynn

----------------------------------------------------------------------

According to Mike McGlynn's Twitter account, the free agent offensive tackle has agreed to a contract with the Indianapolis Colts.

Grigson seems to be making a point of bringing former-Eagles tackles into the Colts organization.

http://www.stampedeb...glynn-says-mike

Mike McGlynn signing to play C/G could also mean the end of Justin Snow. Snow has been listed at TE for years but is only on the team as a LS. McGlynn did some LS in college. McGlynn could cover C,G,T, and LS making him more versatle than Snow who is 35 years old. Since Snow had be active on game day for special teams it made the team limited if injuries happened. Now if McGlynn makes the team there would be some options.

Another solid mid-level free agent signing! he can play multiple positions, has good size, decent starting experience for two different franchises and Grigson is familiar with him!

All these moves are designed to add depth, create competition and see what cream rises to the top!

I like it, it shows they are committed to getting bigger on both lines so far!

a bunch of no name nobodies..I'm worried

OL are usually not common household names...if they can run block and pass protect, we'll know their names quickly enough. Actually, if they play well, you won't hear their names mentioned a lot...usually only mention a guy when he misses a block or get a penalty flag...kind of like well officiated or umpired games, if you don't hear about the refs or umpires, then they did their jobs well.

Did we sign a bunch of Panthers in '98?

Yes, Shaun King, Burris(or Poole I'd have to look it up), Fred Lane (although he was not in 98 because I remember reading articles about what a dangerous backfield the Colts would have with Edge and Lane. There were a couple of others as well... a LB I think and another DB.
I think the Redding move was a good one. I just don't know about the lackluster Eagles. We will have to see.

Agreed

OL are usually not common household names...if they can run block and pass protect, we'll know their names quickly enough. Actually, if they play well, you won't hear their names mentioned a lot...usually only mention a guy when he misses a block or get a penalty flag...kind of like well officiated or umpired games, if you don't hear about the refs or umpires, then they did their jobs well.

Their no names unless you are old lineman yourself

does joe reitz still have a contract?

I think our lineup is something like

Castonzo Reitz godknowswho Justice/Ijalana Ijalana/Justice..looks decent for a year

10 OLmen to provide depth. I don't think all will survive the final cut, but this is a good start.

OT Anthony Castonzo

OT Ben Ijalana

OT Winston Justice

OT Jeff Linkenbach

OT Joe Reitz

C Jake Kirkpatrick

OG Matt Murphy

OG Seth Olsen

C A.Q. Shipley

C/OG Mike McGlynn

10 OLmen to provide depth. I don't think all will survive the final cut, but this is a good start.

OT Anthony Castonzo

OT Ben Ijalana

OT Winston Justice

OT Jeff Linkenbach

OT Joe Reitz

C Jake Kirkpatrick

OG Matt Murphy

OG Seth Olsen

C A.Q. Shipley

C/OG Mike McGlynn

Nice group maybe add one or two in draft or Priority Free Agency

I will say that if Grigz does have a strength, then I'd prolly bet its O-line. First off, he was a former offensive linemen. Secondly, the Eagles have had offensive line problems, but they've thrown tonnnns of money at the offensive line over the last few years.

He's new to the job so he's going with what he knows.....you are right Brett...

I would like to see us add another tackle.....

...we have to protect our investment which will be Luck

Yes, a few more OGs would round out the group heading into TC.

This could really accelerate our rebound..

I didnt think until last season that we addressed the O-line enough in draft and free agency.

I think the reason Yates was able to step in as a rookie in Houston was their O-line

..and Andrew Luck's developement wil be inversely proportional to how many times he gets knocked on his butt.

10 OLmen to provide depth. I don't think all will survive the final cut, but this is a good start. OT Anthony Castonzo OT Ben Ijalana OT Winston Justice OT Jeff Linkenbach OT Joe Reitz C Jake Kirkpatrick OG Matt Murphy OG Seth Olsen C A.Q. Shipley C/OG Mike McGlynn

i think olsen is out he sucked the 2 games i saw him last year.

i guess i was wrong but i tough joe reitz contract was up and he didnt have a contract with us yet

I am not suprised that we are going after guys from Philly and Baltimore. They want guys here for a bit that know the enviroment that Grigston and Pagano want to create here. Most GMs and coaches when they go to a new team bring in guys they know to help foster the enviroment they want surround the team.

I am all for anybody being brought in along the offensive line. Not like are offensive line has been any good for the past few years. Adding this guy is not going to hurt the team at all.

I am sure we will still address the OL in the draft and these guys we are adding will probably be depth and leadership and that is about it.

Even with all these moves, the Colts still need a RG. That's why in the draft, we could spend one in the 4th round.

Just don't want people thinking that these moves help make the G spot not a need.

so the projected line so far is

constanzo,reitz,mcglynn,iljjiana, justice.

guess thats not a bad line. we'll see

That's a pretty bad line. McGlynn is not a center, and Justice is not that great at RT. Pollak has to be resigned and then we must draft a guard. It should look like:

Castonzo........Reitz..........Pollak..........Draftee..........Ijalana

That's a pretty bad line. McGlynn is not a center, and Justice is not that great at RT. Pollak has to be resigned and then we must draft a guard. It should look like:

Castonzo........Reitz..........Pollak..........Draftee..........Ijalana

didnt the transaction position him G/C? justice sucks as a LT, but he does ok at RT

didnt the transaction position him G/C? justice sucks as a LT, but he does ok at RT

That's what I just said, he's not great at RT, so let him backup. Mike McGlynn never played C in college, was drafted as a T/G, and only was a C in 2010 due to the injury of Jackson. The general consensus was that he was an okay backup, but definitely not a starter. We need a center and Pollak is that guy and is probably much better than McGlynn.

he was injured periodically , even acl tear, drafted by eagles 4th round ( grigson ) , released , went to bengals last year

no link ,

was also a backup at guard @ eagles

& was used as guard by bengals

( BTW stampede blue says hes a Tackle so mixed messages on position, )

he Tweeted

Just came to terms with the Colts pretty stoked!

http://twitter.com/#...464194410393601

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

s an American football center for the Indianapolis Colts

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Mike_McGlynn

Bengals Page says guard

Born 1985/03/08 age 27

6-4 315

http://www.sbnation....34/mike-mcglynn

----------------------------------------------------------------------

According to Mike McGlynn's Twitter account, the free agent offensive tackle has agreed to a contract with the Indianapolis Colts.

Grigson seems to be making a point of bringing former-Eagles tackles into the Colts organization.

http://www.stampedeb...glynn-says-mike

don't know where you got your info but mcglynn never tore his acl.

That's what I just said, he's not great at RT, so let him backup. Mike McGlynn never played C in college, was drafted as a T/G, and only was a C in 2010 due to the injury of Jackson. The general consensus was that he was an okay backup, but definitely not a starter. We need a center and Pollak is that guy and is probably much better than McGlynn.

my brother in law is a prominent high school coach in the philly area and a long time eagles season ticket holder. he says mcglynn got a raw deal last year and that he stepped in for an injured jamal jackson in 2010 and the eagles offense didn't miss a beat. he thinks the colts got a steal. hopefully he's the starting center.

don't know where you got your info but mcglynn never tore his acl.

I stand corrected and looked him up more , u r correct, i read it wrong

( my mistake originally said he tore acl, he didn't that was a teamate )

After Jamaal Jackson suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in week 16 against the Denver Broncos, McGlynn was the backup center behind Nick Cole for the rest of the season.[3] http://en.wikipedia....ki/Mike_McGlynn +++ was a few years back