Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justice Was Approached By The Colts To Restructure During Time Of Trade

chad72

You want to start, and they have somebody ahead of you. So, being a backup, why would he want to restructure for them?

There is a possibility he'd be more likely to restructure if he can actually get the opportunity to compete for a starting role.

I don't think there's any restructuring a two year deal. We're talking about an extension, and I personally don't know any reason why we'd be looking to extend him. Nor could I see him agreeing to push any of his 2012 salary into 2013, because we could easily cut him after this year if he doesn't pan out.

This trade was a big 'meh' from me.

If we wanted a quality tackle at a low cost we should have looked at Anthon Collins from Cinci. If we wanted a quality guard at a low cost we should have looked at Geoff Schwartz from Carolina. Winston Justice's contract is too steep.

I also think we should have signed Martellus Bennett, we need TE help. G-Men got a good pickup for $2.5 mil a year.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 17, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 17, 2012 - personal shot

This trade was a big 'meh' from me.

If we wanted a quality tackle at a low cost we should have looked at Anthon Collins from Cinci. If we wanted a quality guard at a low cost we should have looked at Geoff Schwartz from Carolina. Winston Justice's contract is too steep.

I also think we should have signed Martellus Bennett, we need TE help. G-Men got a good pickup for $2.5 mil a year.

I'm sure Grigson will make it a point to consult with you next time he's looking to bring in a lineman, to see who you like & so you can correct him if he starts going down the wrong path.

I'm sure your qualifications in evaluating NFL talent far eclipse anything he's ever done.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 17, 2012 - Reponse to deleted post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 17, 2012 - Reponse to deleted post

I'm sure Grigson will make it a point to consult with you next time he's looking to bring in a lineman, to see who you like & so you can correct him if he starts going down the wrong path.

I'm sure your qualifications in evaluating NFL talent far eclipse anything he's ever done.

Wow dude, chill. That post was made before he restructured his contract so it was a little steep for that talent. No need to insult fellow forum members.

He is lazy....has a ton of talent but doesn't translate onto the field because of this. Do you watch the Cowboys much? Almost every time he touches the ball something bad happens. Last thing a young Colts team needs is this sort of player.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 17, 2012 - Reponse to deleted post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, March 17, 2012 - Reponse to deleted post

Wow dude, chill. That post was made before he restructured his contract so it was a little steep for that talent. No need to insult fellow forum members.

Thanks man. Apparently nobody told KarlKuffs that this is a forum in which we can state our opinions on all things related to Colts football. Next time I will consult KarlKuffs before I state an opinion.

http://twitter.com/#!/caplannfl

Status unknown, as to what happened to the restructure request, according to Adam Caplan. Word is Eagles traded him because he would not restructure.

Justice will earn $3.3 million this season with base salary and workout bonus. 2013 - $3.825 M according to the list of tweets above.

Indy Star news reporting that Justice redid his deal to 1.5 mill for 2012 and will become a free agent in 2013. Maybe if he proves himself this year then the Colts can resign him for a better deal in 2013.

Indy Star news reporting that Justice redid his deal to 1.5 mill for 2012 and will become a free agent in 2013. Maybe if he proves himself this year then the Colts can resign him for a better deal in 2013.

That's Grigson dealing with someone he was familiar with

we may have had an advantage there...

who is the backup left tackle behind Costanzo?