Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ben Banogu

CaptainColt12

With Turay out for the year, are we gonna start to see more of Banogu? Or will someone else step up and be replacing Turay as our 3rd pass rusher, or even Houston having to play a lot more snaps, (I mean I feel Houston will play more snaps regardless). Maybe Lewis or Hunt can be moved to the DE position.

36 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Hopefully Banogu plays very little. He is far from ready.
Muhammad is the next man up.

There will be times Banogu will be put in, but you are 100% right that he is still very raw and that Muhammad is up. This is pass rush by committee, so it hurts to lose somebody like Turay, but his loss of production can be minimized with others stepping up. I liked what I saw across the entire d-line last night. They were bullying this Chiefs front 5. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cbear said:

Imo, Banogu looked lost as a pass rusher in college and so far in his limited snaps as a pro.

Hoping for the best but not getting my hopes up. 

To be fair he was not a pass rusher in college, they do absolutely zero to help develop him. The colts didn't even draft him as a true edge rusher but he wanted to be so he worked all off season developing his pass rushing moves and then he got to OTA's and surprised everyone with what he could do. Hes very raw but we drafted him for a different role but he will get better.

• Like 2

This may have been brought up already in another thread, but what is everyone's opinion on why the Colt's D-Line was able to bring so much pressure on Mahomes, but gave Carr all kinds of time last week.  Effort, difference in skill and/size of opponents offensive line, playing more man to man in the secondary, or something else? I can't remember the last time I saw a Colts defense collapse a pocket like that.  Cheers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigt said:

This may have been brought up already in another thread, but what is everyone's opinion on why the Colt's D-Line was able to bring so much pressure on Mahomes, but gave Carr all kinds of time last week.  Effort, difference in skill and/size of opponents offensive line, playing more man to man in the secondary, or something else? I can't remember the last time I saw a Colts defense collapse a pocket like that.  Cheers.

When the lights come on, the stars come out.

- Dwight Freeney

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigt said:

12 minutes ago, bigt said:

The Raiders have a very good o line this year, Rodney hudson is one of the best centers in the league. Gabe Jackson is massive and just moves people, Trent Brown and Kolton Miller are both solid tackles. The Raiders were able to stop the bears Pass Rush and run all over the best run stopping defense in the league. 

Where as the Chiefs, having no more Mitch Morse this year, as well as their new center getting hurt in that game. Average to below average guards, Mitchell Schwartz who is one of the best tackles in the league and Eric Fisher being hurt that game. 

32 minutes ago, bigt said:

They didn't have to worry about the run.  I would think it frees you up when you just have to rush the passer on pretty much every play. 

We need to see what Banogu and Tyquan Lewis can do for us at DE with the Turay injury. Hoping that our coaches are putting both players in positions to succeed. 

DT needs to be highly addressed next offseason though. Hunt should be replaced, and adding talent at DT who possess more strength and pocket collapsing ability will dramatically help our outside pass rushers and make this a potentially feared DL. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

We need to see what Banogu and Tyquan Lewis can do for us at DE with the Turay injury. Hoping that our coaches are putting both players in positions to succeed. 

DT needs to be highly addressed next offseason though. Hunt should be replaced, and adding talent at DT who possess more strength and pocket collapsing ability will dramatically help our outside pass rushers and make this a potentially feared DL. 

Tyquan Lewis can't stay healthy, and I don't know if Banogu is ready. Turay took a huge step forward for this season and its sad he's out for the season. Big loss for this team.